Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

What's this all about?

Abe Sucks was written, designed and developed by someone who is only known by the identity of "yeah actually they will" and was released on November 30th 2013. This game was released as part of a month-long project of various written pieces, art projects and other forms of media. It isn't necessary to view these other works before going into this LP as the game manages to express its messages very clearly in its own right. If you would like to view these other pieces they are available Here. The aim of this project was to make a figure of authority, the character is known as "Abe", to contemplate their existence and make them feel humbled. This game was released late into the original conception but it still remains important to the core work and, if anything, it adds layers to this project that we would never have experienced before now.

"Abe Sucks" is a point and click adventure game with a message. That message isn't something that many people have seen in this fashion, until now that is.

LP details

This will be an SSLP as this game is text only.

Let's Play: Abe Sucks

Welcome to Abe Sucks, we're greeted with the objective of the game. We need to get Abe out of his room, that shouldn't be too hard, right? (Score: 0)

We don't have anything in our inventory right now that could potentially help us.

Let's walk around the room and see what we can discover... oh dear! (Score: -100)

We may as well look around while we're here. Firstly, let's take a good long look at our main character. (Score: -150)

We will probably have better luck checking our surroundings to find something that will aid our escape.

We all need a hobby, I guess.

For this one, I have several questions.

I thought that this was a euphemism at first!

(Score: -151)

I'm not usually one for censoring art, but this was made in an earlier era were derogatory terms were more acceptable and commonplace. The original piece is still available to view in it's original form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
What?

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
I'm in if this is real.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
We've seen all that we can see right now. Let's try interacting with everything in the room. Starting with... oh! (Score: -161)

The first thing that we should have tried is to actually open the door itself as we need to find out why it's so difficult to escape. Is it locked? Trapped?

There isn't much to interact with in this room, we may as well check the walls for any clues.

Cool, we now have a wall in our inventory, maybe. Surely there is something lying around on the floor that we can use?

There isn't anything useful on the floor so there must be something on one of these shelves.

It's going to take a while before we die so we may as well take a look at the clock while we're here.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The month long Abe Owning was turned into a game?

Christ alive how did i not know

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

We have ten months left to find a clue to help us escape. So far, looking and interacting with everything hasn't worked but we still have the option of talking. Someone or something must be around to aid us. I may regret this but let's try asking ourselves.

We still haven't figured out how or why we are trapped here. If we're trapped then hopefully there is someone nearby we can call out too, if we're imprisoned then hopefully we can call out to our captor. There's only one way to find out...

I see. I don't suppose that yelling at the walls will yield any improvement?

Oh Abe, how long have you been in this room? I hope these friends have been treating you well.

What the hell? This was your moment to escape! You suck, Abe!

:batuka: GAME OVER!

If you want to experience this masterpiece for yourself, the original file is still available for download here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/fwxxi8ukk0f07dv/Abe_Sucks.zip/file

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

:kstare:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Happy April Fools!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Nice blast from the past, thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Mang gently caress you abe what did i ever do to you?!?
Show some Goddamn backbone and bust out of yoour room!