Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
The conditions and treatment of migrants at the US southern border are horrifying and unacceptable. How about we give some support to good immigration and refugee charities and make a little positive difference? Let's do a charity drive for the month of April!

Here are a few well-regarded charities that support refugees and migrants, if there are other suggestions in the thread I'll edit to add them:

RAICES - Refugee And Immigrant Center for Education and legal Services - https://www.raicestexas.org/ways-to-give/donate/

Young Center for Immigrant Children's Rights - https://www.theyoungcenter.org/donate

IRAP - International Refugee Assistance Project - https://refugeerights.org/donate

Minority Humanitarian Foundation - https://www.minorityhumanitarianfoundation.com/

PRIZES
-All donations will get a gang tag! If you have graphics chops and want to submit some options, please post those and the thread can pick one or a couple. Hopefully we can settle on a gang tag or two over the Easter weekend (April 3-4)?
-Donations over $50 get an avatar change of their choice.

Post a screenshot of your donation and I'll add you to the contributor list here in the OP. Thanks for helping out!

Contributors:

that dumbshit horse: $50 (Young Center)
Jezebel: $400 (Young Center)
Zurtilik: $15/month (RAICES)
Woof Blitzer: $100 (RAICES)
dxt: $69 (RAICES)
Nocturtle: $50 (RAICES)
GOD IS BED: $10/month (RAICES)
kingcobweb: $666 hail satan (RAICES)

Running total: $1335 + $25/mo donated to help support migrants, who are human beings just like us fukkin nerds but in much dire straits and really need our help. Thank you :)

Fritz the Horse has issued a correction as of 23:44 on Apr 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
to start things off, I kicked in $50 to the Young Center

I don't need a new av tho, happy with this one

Jezebel
Sep 6, 2004

Skal!

LET'S DO THIS. $400 cuz I'm a broke-rear end-student on paper, but my family provides a comfy safety net, so I'm trying to do at least some good with my stimulus checks.

I'm happy with my Midsommar AV, but I'll take a gang tag.

e: gently caress been on these dead gay forums like 17yrs and I still can't figure out how to put in images properly

Jezebel has issued a correction as of 05:37 on Apr 3, 2021

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Jezebel posted:

LET'S DO THIS. $400 cuz I'm a broke-rear end-student on paper, but my family provides a comfy safety net, so I'm trying to do at least some good with my stimulus checks.

e: gently caress been on these dead gay forums like 17yrs and I still can't figure out how to put in images properly

:trumppop:

:golfclap:

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Jezebel posted:

holy poo poo

you're awesome!

thanks for helping out!!

I'mma suggest you get to pick the gang tag for cspam benefactors

and maybe cspam mods can come up with a creative way to give you a hi5 because that is legitimately, heart-warmingly awesome. thank you so much :)

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I started donating 15 a month last month to RAICES.

Do it everyone!

Give them money!

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Zurtilik posted:

I started donating 15 a month last month to RAICES.

Do it everyone!

Give them money!

pics or it didnt happen

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Fritz the Horse posted:

pics or it didnt happen

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

cool thanks and thank you

putting you in the OP

Jezebel
Sep 6, 2004

Skal!

Fritz the Horse posted:

holy poo poo

I'mma suggest you get to pick the gang tag for cspam benefactors

Oh God but I have poo poo taste and paralyzing social anxiety (:goonsay:) There's a reason I only average 0.06 posts/day lol.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Jezebel posted:

Oh God but I have poo poo taste and paralyzing social anxiety (:goonsay:)

sounds perfect imo

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
Can I throw in a link to my buddy’s group? They pick up people booted onto the street after ICE detention and reunite them with their families.

https://www.minorityhumanitarianfoundation.com/

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Bastard Tetris posted:

Can I throw in a link to my buddy’s group? They pick up people booted onto the street after ICE detention and reunite them with their families.

https://www.minorityhumanitarianfoundation.com/

done! in the OP now

edit: oh btw I asked Sitting Here (over in Creative Convention) about commissioning some art for gang tags and she was gonna talk to the CC discord. So I'm working on gang tags, but if anyone here wants to throw together some gang tag suggestions that'd be much appreciated

Fritz the Horse has issued a correction as of 22:42 on Apr 3, 2021

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Done!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
no idea what I'd want as an av, just wanted to throw some money in

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

This is a great cause. Went through the green card process myself during the Trump era and despite being treated with relative kid's gloves as a white educated guy still got a BS denial for a mistake USCIS made (got the whole "get out in 2 weeks" letter). I was extremely lucky this didn't ruin my life and could hire a lawyer that (eventually!) got my case reopened. Any organization that helps low-income immigrants navigate the unfair, dysfunctional and expensive US immigration system is doing an important service. Especially if it can help anyone subject to the atrocious conditions at the southern border.

Don't need a new avatar to replace the happy turtle, but a gang tag would be super. One expressing suitable contempt for USCIS+ICE would not be unwelcome.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

This is the first donation of a recurring monthly donation, although there's nothing in that pic to show that.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
666 plus transaction fees

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

kingcobweb posted:

holy poo poo thanks, hail satan!

I'm working on a game tag. Still would appreciation suggestions from someone with art skills, or even just suggestions of what it should be in general

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

kingcobweb posted:

hail satan

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

gently caress wrong thread.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I'll get down on this.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

$420.69 + $13.87 to cover transaction fees.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
just trying to help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Get in there you shitheads