Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Schnorkles posted:

Very fun bewbies, thank you for running it.

e: i would be 100% there for an indy league game
Once again, I fully agree with the poll/cum plane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I know that this is dead, but I have a question regardless. What was up with renaming the Miami Marlins to the Red Wings? I understand who the Cleveland Spiders were, but I don't get this. I know that there is an NHL team in Detroit called the Red Wings, but I don't see a link.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Sometimes the least popular teams in baseball will relocate or rename themselves to try and drum up interest. I've only ever seen it happen to the Marlins and the Rays, but the names and color schemes are just pulled from a pack of ~100 generics that OOTP stores. I have a game right now where the Rays became the Austin Purple Aces(???)

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I think in one season I played, St. Louis actually changed to the Red Birds and I laughed a lot.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Oh, it was done organically, so to speak, by the game. I thought that it was player-initiated.

Thanks for letting me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

rickiep00h posted:

I think in one season I played, St. Louis actually changed to the Red Birds and I laughed a lot.

This is weirdly plausible. Like, someone important enough using it as a nickname for the team and then it just sort of sticks and becomes the name everyone uses for them.