Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well thank gently caress this is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

That fabric covering dieno's junk is made of the strongest material in the world for sticking there.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT remains old and bald. Good :colbert:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

TV Zombie posted:

That fabric covering dieno's junk is made of the strongest material in the world for sticking there.

hes powerfully flexing his thighs to keep that in place and i dont know why he stripped if he was gonna be too cowardly to whole hog that entire sequence

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT remains old and bald. Good :colbert:

Have never been more happy to see my Uncle Jun win that match.

now to watch this Diana tag.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ooh, Harashima/Jun should rule

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Speaking of Diana, I am excited to see Madeline, Asuka and Jaguar in their threeway match.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Oh poo poo, Jun vs. HARASHIMA at Cyberfest?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Pylons posted:

Oh poo poo, Jun vs. HARASHIMA at Cyberfest?

That was a real sneaky edit you pulled friendo, I had the tweet ready and everything

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

That was a real sneaky edit you pulled friendo, I had the tweet ready and everything

I thought they'd have one more defense before Cyberfest!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Is Jun giving Yuji poo poo for being bald? What a scoundrel

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Fun show on the whole, main went too long but everything else was real enjoyable

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Fun show on the whole, main went too long but everything else was real enjoyable

Highlight for me was absolutely the GM coming out and just going on a giant rant about the Gorgeous Matsuno match, that was the loving best. Rest of the show was very enjoyable, main event was a bit of a mess but I still like Old Man Akiyama.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

It's annoying enough I have to try remember dumb daylight savings poo poo for 3 different countries

Oh also I initially missed this edit but all joking aside forkboy, appreciate the work you do in collating all the dates/times for the various puro shows!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
the forkboy "week of wrestling" posts some of my favorite posts.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

DDThoughts

1) Hideki Okatani vs Toi Kojima. A very decent undercard match between two very decent juniors. Okatani is further along right now but that's to be expected.

We get Maki Itoh during the intro telling people to but TJPW tickets, which is fun.

2) Yusuke Okada vs Yuya Koroku. Enjoying Joroku's generic music. Even more enjoying Okada's lounge groove entrance. Okada is a superbly gifted cocky heel. Some really solid wallops from the new kid, who has a real head of steam. Fairly basic moves, but his strikes have some mustard behind them, he sells very well, his haircut is terrible, and the rest will come in time. Okada does the job of underboss bully perfectly and is shaping up to be a great pro. Really liked the blocked and reversed suplex spot. Simple but showing some canny and skills from Koroku. The transition from kickout into arm hold was very good. Enjoyed this and the new kid has a lot of upside.

3) Akito, Kazuki Hirata, Keigo Nakamura & Makoto Oishi vs Chris Brookes, Saki Akai, Yuki Iino & Yukio Naya. Annoyed by the lack of "TOKYOOOOOO". Like, Hirata's great, but 20% of his greatness is "TOKYOOOO". Spoiled for choice on the other team's ring music they used the excellent Brookes theme, which robs us of the excellent Saki Akai theme but that's fine. OK, that's enough intro music talk. Yukio Naya looks like a puppy. I enjoyed Iino's belt nonsense. I will happily watch as much Brookes / Oishi as you send in my direction. Saki Akai using her nine feet in height to just effortlessly stamp on people's faces. Which I'm certain is someone's thing. Naya just yeeting Oishi across the ring from a shoulder hold was fun. Beautiful Diamond Dust on Brookes from Oishi. Beautiful tornado DDT reversal into slingshot DDT. There is some very nice looking wrestling here. And then Iino comes in and just fucks some people up. We get an offensive weapon use of TOKYOOOOO which is just loving amazing. The way that DDT blends silly into serious with their presentation is just absolutely beautiful. Jesus, what was that ludicrous move from Saki at the end?

And then Saki calls Chris back to... challenge for the extreme title? Oh my. Title versus title? Even better. Chris is being uncharacteristically polite and nice to Saki, which makes me worry.

4) Antonio Honda, Gorgeous Matsuno & Toru Owashi vs DAMNATION (Mad Paulie, Nobuhiro Shimatani & Tetsuya Endo). Enjoying Team Old Guy. And I'll need the maddest Paulie you have. No wait, this one's too mad. One of the things I really enjoy about DDT is that the churn of the company moves people to different points on the card in fun ways. So you get Tetsuya Endo, who is a generational talent and the previous champion, in a sixtieth birthday match. And... this is over in seconds. Without anyone else being tagged in. And everyone's being yelled at for not giving Gorgeous a proper match. I love this loving promotion so much. Ahahaha, Gorgeous tries to lift Paulie for a powerbomb and tweaks his back. This is fantastic. Becomes a fun silly 6 man after this with Gorgeous's team winning, but the real gold was in the first part.

5) 37KAMIINA (MAO, Shunma Katsumata & Yuki Ueno) vs DAMNATION (Daisuke Sasaki, Soma Takao & Yuji Hino). Three person sauna today as one of the lovely lads is on holiday. And their opponents, the goths who hang around outside Leeds Corn Exchange, but wrestlers. Handshake nonsense goes about as can be expected, we get some awesome three lad offense, and then we settle into Ueno being athletic and hitting people. Hino is my second favourite DDT Big Lad after Iino, but it's a close run thing. Enjoying Shunma just absolutely unable to move Hino. And just what the hell was this elaborate knuckle lock spot? Okay, after tagging in against Sasake, Ueno does a move that I think was supposed to be a split legged dropkick but what it ended up looking like was him driving his testicles hard into Sasaki's face, and that just doesn't seem practical for offense. Everyone in this match is impressing me, but Soma seems one step below the others in terms of personality and polish. However I'd be interested to see how his match against Ueno goes.

6) KO-D Tag Team Titles: Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi & Yukio Sakaguchi)(c) vs Smile Pissari (HARASHIMA & Yuji Okabayashi). I for one am smiling from Pissari to Pissari. The Eruption entrance is one of the best things in wrestling. And not just because there's a stray cat in the background of the street scene. Just an effortlessly cool team. Very good match that combines Harashima/Sakagushi grapplefuck with some fun Big Lad Striking. The power segments with Okabayashi and Higuchi were great. Okabayashi isn't the fastest, but he does compact powerhouse brilliantly, and Higuchi is just a superb heavyweight who is great at making his opponents look like a big deal. The superplex he did from the top rope looked brilliant because you could feel his muscles straining. Harashima and Sakaguchi just trying to kick each other's skeletons out is just wonderful. Slight botch on the double clothesline spot doesn't blemish the match too much. Harashima does an empty-pool springboard knee drop that shows he hates knees like Ibushi hates necks. Okabayashi gutwrenching Sakagushi while he's got a shoke hold on Harashima was incredible, and set up a hard fought win. Hell of a match. HELL of a match.

Lovely show of respect at the end. Two great teams who fought their hearts out, and that Eruption title reign was great. Now let's see what the Pissari boys can get up to.

7) KO-D Openweight Title: Jun Akiyama(c) vs Danshoku Dieno. The person in the crowd in a Dieno mask scared the gently caress out of me. Love Dino's robe. I like the combination of Serious Dieno and the still present essential Dieno nature. Jun is Jun eternal. He's going to do his thing and it's going to interact with your thing. Which makes him a perfect foil for someone like Dieno. I was kind of hoping for Serious Dieno to continue more though. He clearly does have skills. This match runs into the problem that it follows a very good tag match, and while I think Dieno nonsense has its place, its place is further down the card than this. It's not BAD per se, it just lacks a main event feel. Match heats up as it goes along, and we get some nice looking spots like a Dieno moonsault, but then... a cutscene? A Dieno pre-record? Gotch style Dieno driver for a 2 count. This is starting to really drag. A quick Jun pin after the cutscene nonsense would have been the best end. Mercifully the match ends. I think I have an upper limit of 10 minutes for Dieno's poo poo.

Not a bad show by any means, several very good matches, and if it had ended after the Eruption match I'd be raving about it. But the main event sucked the air out of the room.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also thanks karmic for changing the thread title to reference the best thing on the show :hellyeah:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

just caught up on this and it was very fun.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Pylons posted:

lmao Lino with just a belt

I'm late but lmao Chris Brookes must have told him about Lulu Pencil's gimmick.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGDTeFDQAxE

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1381319384942059520

trip report.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

this is the day I found out Puffy Ami Yumi made a Greenday cover