Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Ever since I started working on this LP, my Amazon book recommendations have become very strange. Thanks Businessman in Another World.

:v: kiss kiss fall for it :j:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Ever since I started working on this LP, my Amazon book recommendations have become very strange. Thanks Businessman in Another World.

Do amazon book recommends normally not look like this? :confused:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Of all the anime CK Mods I'd like to see and/or play, I'd like one based off of the Legend of Arslan. Just start off with Arslan with good but not great stats (and maybe a plot armor trait) and his fairly OP court and council.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

LJN92 posted:

Maybe it thinks you're a certain type of Paradox game player. You know, the ones that unironically support totally not Fascist ideologies from their favorite mods?

(Bold is mine)

Excuse me but what the gently caress. I mean…what?!

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

HereticMIND posted:

(Bold is mine)

Excuse me but what the gently caress. I mean…what?!

Yeah, those people exist. Mostly it's in alt history HOI4 mods like Kaiserreich and The New Order (although that one probably has actual Fascist fans).

There's also an uncomfortable overlap between these people and anime fans, hence why I thought of it when I saw that odd collection of history and animu.

Mightypeon
Oct 10, 2013

Putin apologist- assume all uncited claims are from Russia Today or directly from FSB.

key phrases: Poor plucky little Russia, Spheres of influence, The West is Worse, they was asking for it.

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Anyways, next time we’re going to look at an isekai that’s actually good. An isekai whose setting is incredibly evocative and alien in many ways. An isekai with an actually interesting cast of heroes and villains. An isekai where you reach Heaven through violence.

High Rise invasion?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

So...is Army of Darkness Isekai?

bibliosabreur
Oct 21, 2017

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

There is a fiddly and unintuitive process to remove items from your recommendations. I learned about it because I bought cat ears for my fiancee once, and my recommendations were unusable for a week until I rejiggered it.

That book on Ottoman history does look promising, though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

So...is Army of Darkness Isekai?

Yes.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
The New Testament is Isekai

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
Homestuck is an isekai

bibliosabreur
Oct 21, 2017
This is leading up to an Isekai Alignment Chart, I know it.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

bibliosabreur posted:

This is leading up to an Isekai Alignment Chart, I know it.

Take your pick.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Well, now we need an Isekai Alignment Chart Alignment Chart.

Dallbun
Apr 21, 2010
I Was Transported To Another World With Nothing But An Infallible Alignment Chart, And Now A Cute Paladin Won't Leave Me Alone

Am I doing this right?

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Dallbun posted:

I Was Transported To Another World With Nothing But An Infallible Alignment Chart, And Now A Cute Paladin Won't Leave Me Alone

Am I doing this right?

Close, but no "respectable" LN title would ever have a comma in it :colbert:

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Sorry for the long hiatus, things have been weird. Here's the new post.

I’ve Got a Beautiful Family With My Dashing Spanish Husband and Now I’m the Head of a Mighty and Invincible Dynasty! (1069-1083AD)

It was a beautiful day in Dublin. The sun was shining, and there wasn’t a cloud to be seen. Once again, the warm summer sun had blessed the crops of Hanae’s domain. Tax revenues were as high as they’ve ever been, and at Hanae’s request, Cathbad had set up a deal for Bordeaux wine. Wine had always been a bit too expensive in her own time, especially French wine. But now it was just one more perk for Hanae in her new life.

She was about to share it with her other perk, the great and mighty Rodrigo de Cadiz, El Cid himself. To be honest, no one was calling him El Cid at this moment, having been plucked away from Spain before the key moment of his career, but there was always time for that later. Rodrigo had nonetheless shown himself to be a fierce warrior, driving off raiders from neighboring provinces.

He had just come back from some sort of errand and was now in his room. Hanae opened the door with a bottle of wine in hand, only to find him hard at work. Rodrigo scribbled furiously across some parchment, completely oblivious to the outside world.

“What are you doing, Rodrigo?” Hanae asked.

Rodrigo nearly jumped an entire foot in his chair. “Hanae, have you ever heard of knocking?”

Hanae didn’t respond. “What are you working on?”

Rodrigo had already shuffled the parchment away. “It’s nothing. What do you need?”

“Well, I was hoping you’d have some wine with me. I got this imported directly from Bordeaux.”

“Well why didn’t you say so? Come on, let’s have some.”

After enjoying many drinks together, Rodrigo was fast asleep. Hanae carried to the royal bedchambers, and then doubled back to investigate his room. It didn’t take long for her to find the parchment Rodrigo was working on. It was a letter written to some scribes in England, asking them to put together some sort of book. The letter wasn’t finished, but one part in particular caught Hanae’s eye.

“... Lady Yonemura is the finest ruler in all of these Isles and is worthy of your greatest work. She has won me over with her courage, strength, and character. Never have I met such a woman in all of Christendom. I expect only the best for her. ”

This was perhaps the kindest thing anyone had ever said about her. She felt a tear fall down her cheek. As she looked around Rodrigo’s desk, she saw that there were many other papers, each of them a failed attempt of his to find the right words. Each one had scribbled words on every line. He was clearly putting a lot of work into this, trying to make this just right. He wanted the best for her.

She tried to remember the last person who felt that way about her. Her father had always encouraged her to follow her dreams. He always pushed her to do her best without overworking her. Whatever topic she’d bring up, he would always listen to her. When she had trouble coding in high school, he’d always try to find a way to help her, despite knowing nothing about it. And what of her mother? She was the sweetest and kindest woman Hanae had ever known. She remembered coming home to wonderful smells coming from the kitchen. No matter what kind of bad mood Hanae had been in, her cooking had always put her in a good mood. And now they were gone, separated from Hanae by nearly a thousand years of time.

With all the excitement and adventure in Ireland, Hanae never took the time to think about how her parents felt about this. Back in her time they must have been filled with so much grief. She barely spoke to them while working at the black company since her days were filled with so much work. The first thing they would hear of her in months would be her death, their pride and joy just one more statistic in Japan’s infamous work culture. Then, like a dam bursting, all of her thoughts and emotions of home came pouring out, and Hanae fell on the floor, weeping. She was all alone.

But she wasn’t alone. She had Rodrigo. She had Cathbad. She had all the people of Dublin who saw her as a divine savior. Her family was gone, for now, but surely they could be reunited one day. If time itself could be crossed via the afterlife, then surely she could meet them again, right? Even now, her husband was fast asleep in their chambers. Hanae pulled herself up and walked back to her bedchambers, and held Rodrigo tight in her arms.

A few weeks later, Rodrigo came to Hanae with a package in his hand. “It’s for you, Hanae. Open it.” Hanae did so. It was a book, with a lovingly embellished cover, titled The Life and Work of Hanae Yonemura. There was a crest on the front of it, showing two crossed spears underneath a comet. “That’s your coat of arms, Hanae. The comet shows how you came to Ireland, and the spears represent your valor” he said.

“It’s beautiful,” Hanae said. “But it looks like the inside is mostly blank.” There was a short pause. “I imagine it’s because I’ve yet to write my story, isn’t it?”

“That is correct,” replied Rodrigo. “I know it’s going to be a good one.”

Hanae blushed. “Thanks, Rodrigo.”

It was a few weeks later, however, when something truly special happened. Rodrigo had brought in siege engineers from Castile, a motley crew of Castilians, Basques, and even a Moor. But as Rodrigo and Hanae were examining the improvements to the mangonels, Hanae felt something kick in her stomach. She’d long suspected she’d been pregnant, but now she had the first true sign. She pulled Rodrigo over. “Rodrigo, I think you’re going to be a father.” Rodrigo stopped. “Are you sure?” She grabbed his hand and put it over her stomach. A huge smile spread over his face and then he embraced Hanae in a great hug. “I can’t wait to meet them”, he said. If only her parents could be here to congratulate her.

Rodrigo had other things to show Hanae. He had hired a set of professional archers. “Finest marksmen in all of Ireland,” he said. “Look, we’ll have a demonstration. Gentlemen, if you would”, pointing a set of targets a large distance away. “CELTIC HUNTAAAAAAAAAHS!”, the first archer bellowed. There was an awkward pause. Rodrigo shook his head. “Goddamnit.”

A few months later, it was time for war. With both Leinster and Dublin under Hanae’s control, the Lord of Ossory was greatly outnumbered. Hanae and Rodrigo gathered their forces and marched onward.

Hanae’s pregnancy meant that she could not lead the battle, but Rodrigo was more than up to the challenge. While the men of Dublin arranged themselves in a perfect anvil, he and his knights formed the hammer and charged into the rear of the enemy, hacking apart the Ossorians as the Lord of Battle did his grisly work.

Hanae had a different battle to face, anyways. As the forces of Ossory broke and fled, her labor pains began. As hundreds of lives were ending at Gabhran, one life was just getting started. Fortunately, the labor was not difficult, and a few hours later Hanae’s first child was born. Kaguya Yonemura, daughter of Hanae Yonemura and Rodrigo de Vivar, was born among the dead of Ossory.

There was something strange about Kaguya. Whatever power had been granted to Hanae, some of it lay within Kaguya as well. Hanae could feel it. She wasn’t sure what this meant for her future family. Were all of them going to inherit her power? How far was this going to go? She overheard some of the midwives whispering among themselves, debating over whether Kaguya’s birthplace and time was some kind of omen. Who ever heard of a warleader giving birth on the battlefield?

[Note: The +52 Learning is a typo. It's supposed to be +25.]

Those were questions for the future. Rodrigo and his men had caught the Lord of Ossory as he attempted to escape from his castle. He would never return there, exiled into the wilderness of Ireland.

Athlone was next. Rodrigo was nervous about taking Kaguya to war, but Hanae refused to be seperated from her daughter. Surely her divine power would protect them. And so the army marched, with a trail of nursemaids in tow.

Once again, Dublin seized the day. Hundreds of Athlonian soldiers perished in the marshes. Once again Rodrigo hacked apart the enemy army, his sword red with the blood of men. Kaguya, for her part, proved herself to be a mighty sleeper, undisturbed by the din of battle.

Cathbad dragged Earl Conchobar from his castle once it fell to Dublin forces. The Earl was brought before Hanae to surrender his land. He was shocked to find Hanae sitting on a camp chair with her young daughter, so shocked in fact, that he forgot his situation. “What is the meaning of this? Was taking my land and wealth not enough humiliation for me? Must I negotiate in front of a sleeping babe?” he cried. At this outburst, Kaguya woke from her sleep and began to cry loudly. Hanae sighed. “Now it’s going to be a whole hour before she goes to sleep. Rodrigo, remind him where he is.”

Rodrigo dutifully slapped Conchobar across the face. Kaguya giggled as Conchobar yelped. “Do it again, Rodrigo.” Once again Kaguya laughed at this slapstick display. It was then that Conchobar realized that yes, things could be much more humiliating for him. “Just take everything and let me go,” he said. Then he vanished from the pages of history, to be nothing more than an amusing footnote.

It was after this war that Hanae received a complaint about her bishop, Kakuji. According to Cathbad, a group of abbots sent a letter detailing how Kakuji had made some rather bold claims about Hanae. It wasn’t uncommon for people to talk about Hanae being a blessing from God, but he had gone much further. Hanae, he argued, was the promised coming of the Messiah, sent to bring all people into the kingdom of God. Hanae still only knew just enough about Christianity to say a few prayers, but this seemed a little much even to her. Sata didn’t give her any instructions like that, or really any instructions at all. If it was necessary to shut the abbots up she’d talk to Kakuji and tell him to tone it down.

Kakuji himself was an enigma. According to him, he was part of a group of Moors who converted to Christianity and moved to inland Ireland during the Viking era. Cathbad had been stunned and incredulous to learn that any group of Moors could move into Ireland, but on the other hand the Viking raids had disrupted much of Irish society. Mael-Patraic, however, confirmed his account. According to him, they lived near Thomond and occasionally sold their services as mercenaries. Hanae made a note to herself to investigate this as soon as possible. It was true that Hanae knew almost nothing about the Moors, but Kakuji seemed very Japanese. Surely there couldn’t be another group of them in Ireland? As for Kakuji himself, he was very polite and useful around her, but also evasive in many of his answers. One of these days she’d finally corner him and get some answers.

There was more pleasant news, however. The constant warfare had instilled endurance and discipline in the warriors of Dublin, even outside of Hanae’s presence. The men were marching for longer without rest, now with shields by their side as they charged into battle.

The army was growing stronger and stronger by the day. At this point, the army of Dublin was probably the strongest in all of Ireland. Thus, Hanae decided to take a stroll across the army camps, to bask in her husband’s work. It was a bit of a jolt, however, when she heard her husband’s voice ring out across the night. She rushed towards the commotion and found him arguing with a man.

“Where the hell do you think you’re sneaking off to!” he bellowed.

“I”m not sneaking off, sir, honest!” replied the young man.

“What’s the matter, dear?” said Hanae.

“This one right here”, said Rodrigo, pointing to the man, “has been spying on us. He showed up three days ago and has been trying to sneak into the castle.”

“I’ve done nothing of the sort, good sir and madam.”

“Just look at him, Hanae -” Rodrigo began, only to stop. He looked at Hanae and then back at the young man. Hanae looked at the man and had to do a double take. It was hard to tell in the torchlight but his features looked rather Japanese, like Kakuji’s. One was a coincidence, two was a trend. If Hanae couldn’t get anything out of Kakuji, she might be able to get something out of this young man. She needed to think quickly.

“Rodrigo, I think this is something very important. I need to speak with this man in private.”

“Hanae, is there something I should know?” he whispered.

“It’s nothing bad, I just don’t think this is any ordinary intruder. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. I don’t think he means to hurt anyone. Trust me.” Hanae whispered in response.

Rodrigo looked between Hanae and the young man, and it seemed that he too had noticed the similarities in their features. “You’d probably get more out of him than I would anyways. Just tell me if you learn anything important.” He raised his voice. “Come on, follow me.” He took the two of them to a private room. “Hanae, if this man gives you any trouble, just call me up.”

“Thank you, Rodrigo.”

Rodrigo closed the door, leaving Hanae alone with the strange young man.

The young man looked relieved. “Thank you so much, good madam. Harun al-Kutami, at your service.”

Harun al-Kutami?

“Well, Mr. al-Kutami, what exactly have you been doing that got my husband so upset with you?”

The man shifted a bit. “I’m sorry Madam, I did try to get into the castle once. I’ve heard a lot about you and how you’ve been sent by God and all that. I just wanted to see you for myself. I tried to ask for a meeting, but Mr. Cathbad wouldn’t let me.”

Hanae strained to hear any kind of Japanese in his accent, but Harun’s Gaelic was flawless. He’d clearly been in Ireland for some time.

“Where are you from, Harun?” Hanae asked.

“From near Thomond, madam.”

“Do you happen to know a man by the name of Kakuji?”

Harun blinked. “I don’t know anyone like that, ma’am.”

Hanae sighed. She’d have to keep an eye on this one. Harun didn’t seem to be a bad person, but he almost certainly wasn’t born Harun al-Kutami.

But in any case, he was a fine soldier and an excellent leader of men. He had a sharp grasp of all things military and always gave good advice.

So skilled was he, that Hanae had him made marshal of the realm.

In any case, Hanae had bigger things to deal with. For years she had been known as the Lady of Dublin, rightful ruler of all that lay within. But over the past few years her realm had expanded to all of southeastern Ireland. She needed a bigger title. The Irish did not recognize Dukes and Duchesses. They were Kings and Queens.

And that was what she was. She was going to make her mark on history.

Months passed. Kaguya went from being a cranky baby to a quiet and thoughtful child. Hanae had been like that as a child, her mother always said. Once again Hanae longed to see her mother. She would have been overjoyed to meet her granddaughter.

In truth, Hanae came to miss Japan and its comforts. She had the power to make Dublin more like home, so why not do so? For the past few years she had been working on a book that held her memories of Japan: what the food was like, how to speak to people, how to hold festivals. Hanae could remember all of these things clearly in her mind’s eye, as if she had just been in Japan yesterday. Getting the people of Dublin to know all the honorifics and rituals of Japanese culture was almost certainly impossible, but she could get a few torii set up. A few Japanese style roofs wouldn’t hurt either.

Things like Japanese-style horse archery were also out of reach, but the horsemen of Ireland (“CELTIC LIGHT HORSEMEN”) were perfectly acceptable as well.

Hanae would have to hurry with her plans of conquest. Duke William of Normandy had defeated his rivals and had settled comfortably into his rule of England. It was his fault, a foreign coworker of Hanae’s had told her, that English was so confusing. Perhaps one day she could take over that island and purge that wretched language from existence. No more would poor Japanese schoolchildren be forced to learn a language that hated all spelling and pronunciation consistency.

To that end, Northern Ireland would need to be secured first. The King of Connacht had extended his reach northwards, and his realm would be the first to be attacked.

Meanwhile, Cathbad was hard at work solidifying Hanae’s grip on Meath. Loopholes were closed and taxes were set. More importantly, Hanae now had the legal right to seize the land of any rebellious nobles for herself.

Hanae gave birth to another daughter, Satomi, who also bore Hanae’s power. Kaguya was a bit upset at first to find herself having to share attention with a sibling, but she would come to accept it in time.

Years of peace passed. Kaguya was no longer a tottering toddler, but a quiet and observant girl.

“Cathbad” Hanae said “I need you to find the best tutor you can for Kaguya. I want her to learn mathematics, Latin, the works. I want her to get a full education, just like any young boy in court would get.”

“Madam, I’ll do my best, but I don’t think people find that sort of thing proper for a girl. Reading and writing Latin maybe, but most folks don’t get their girls full education. I mean-” He immediately changed tack under the glare Hanae gave him. “Obviously this is all up to you, I mean, you seem like a fairly educated woman yourself.”

“For heaven’s sake,” said Rodrigo, who had just walked into the room a few moments ago. “You’re speaking with a woman who became queen by falling out of the sky, I don’t think she’s one for proper protocol. Besides, it’s not that strange to give a girl good tutoring. No one’s talking about sending Kaguya to school with the boys.”

And so, a few weeks later, Cathbad’s men came back with one of the most well-regarded nuns in Ireland, Cellach. Kaguya did not seem to care for her much. She sensed that the carefree days of childhood were coming to an end. Hanae thought back to her first days of school, when she complained to her parents about how mean Okada-sensei was. Looking back, he might have been a little strict but he didn’t deserve the whining he got from seven-year-old Hanae.

A month later Hanae found something very strange while patrolling the borders of Meath with Rodrigo. As the night fell, Hanae and Rodrigo looked for a place to camp, and spotted an old stronghold in the distance. Many such strongholds had been built and abandoned during the Viking Age, and it was as good a place as any to stay the night.

As the patrol made its way inside the fortress, Hanae spotted something rather out of a place. Something that looked like a banner with a Japanese mon, lying in the corner of the entrance. That couldn’t be right, Hanae thought. It must be a coincidence. It had to be. “Cathbad, what sort of battle flag is that?” she asked. Perhaps it was some obscure Irish banner she wasn’t aware of. Cathbad took a look at it. “I’ve never seen anything like it.” Hanae moved closer to the banner and received the shock of her (next) life. On the banner was perfect, flawless Japanese. "He who accompanies me in this fortress will be my friend in the next world."

Here was indisputable proof of the Japanese in Ireland. Hanae hadn’t been able to write off Kakuji as a Moor because it had seemed unlikely that other Japanese had come to Ireland. But now she was certain he was Japanese. But why so secretive about it? And what was the deal with Harun? He was about as Irish as she was, but he spoke like he’d lived in Ireland all his life. She called out to Rodrigo. “Rodrigo, put that banner with our things. I’d like to bring it back to Dublin.” He shrugged and did what he was asked. He’d learned long ago not to argue with Hanae over small things.

Back in Dublin, Hanae had bold plans for agriculture. Farming yields had already been climbing for years, now it was time to send them skyrocketing. She called up Cathbad (newly appointed as a Steward). “Cathbad” she said, waving a piece of paper. “Have you ever heard of something called… crop rotation?” “As a matter of fact, yes” he replied. “One field is planted with rye and wheat, the next with lentils and beans, and the third is left fallow for animals to graze through.” There was a short pause. Hanae cleared her throat. “Excellent, Cathbad. You really know your stuff. Here’s some more permissions for homesteads around Dublin.” Cathbad shrugged and walked off to carry out Hanae’s orders.

A few months later, Hanae would lead her army up north to face the King of Connacht in her drive to cut off the north from the rest of Ireland by taking the county of Breifne. Driving his army from the hills and mountains would have been a daunting task for any army to undertake, but somehow, the snow melted in all the right places and the wind was just gentle enough to safeguard Dublin’s army.

Rodrigo managed to grab the King of Connacht, Aed, as he attempted to sneak away in the chaos of battle. He dragged him before Hanae. Aed had no choice but to hand Breifne over to her. She did not yet have the legal right to take all of his land, but one day she’d be back and Aed knew it.

Hanae, for her part, was focused on other things. Back in Dublin, things were peaceful, and it was time for the yearly tourney. Rodrigo usually won these, but there was nearly always at least someone else interesting who came to fight. This year, however, there was a delay in organizing, and Hanae had nothing to do but sit in the spring sun with Satomi, who was fast asleep. As her eyes wandered about the tourney site, she spotted Harun standing around. There was as good a time as any to get a chance to talk to him. “Harun!” she called out. “Come here!” Harun dutifully came over. “What do you need, ma’am?” he asked. “Come and talk with me for a bit,” she replied. Harun shrugged and sat down next to her. “How are you doing today, Harun?”

“I’ve been doing very well, ma’am. Army’s well fed and paid for, and we haven’t had any raids for the last few years.”

“No, no, that’s what I meant. How are you today?

Harun seemed a bit taken aback by this question.

“Well, ma’am, I’m doing fine. Miss my ma and pa back at home, but they know I’m doing alright.”

“You live near Thomond, correct? With the Moors?”

“That’s what they say. I’ve never left Ireland though. And truth be told-” He stopped for a moment, gasping. He grabbed a nearby branch to steady himself, coughing all the while. “Harun! Are you alright?” Hanae asked. “I’m fine, ma’am” he replied. “Just got a bit of a cough.”

“What was it that you were going to say?”

“Ma’am.” Harun looked Hanae dead in the eye. “Can we please talk about something else?”

“I don’t understand, what’s wrong?”

“I can’t explain, please, just talk about something else.”

“Alright, alright, we’ll talk about something else. Do you have anything in mind?” It was fortunate that Satomi was a heavy sleeper.

“Ma’am, that place you’re from? What’s it like? Your homeland?”

“Japan?”

“Yes.”

It’d been twelve years since Hanae had last set foot in Japan. Her last memories there weren’t happy ones. But had it been all bad? Japan was not without its comforts. Child mortality had been almost conquered completely. There was always food at the store and the tap was always safe to drink. There was none of that in Ireland.

“I’m happy to have been born there. There was always food on the table. The water was clean and pure. We could cure just about any illness. The homes were warm and the people were kind.”

“You must miss it a lot, ma’am. It sounds like a paradise.”

Harun didn’t need to know that it was all buried in endless nights of overwork and drudgery. He didn’t need to know how many of them were spent crying when no one was looking. He didn’t need to know that Hanae had been at the bottom of the totem pole, regretting her entire life, dreaming of some sort of escape.

“Yeah, I guess.”

Even with all of Japan’s comfort, it was Ireland that felt like paradise to Hanae. Any discomfort she would’ve had normally was completely negated by her divine blessing. Being queen of Dublin meant she never had to wait for food and could get anything a medieval ruler could want. And thanks to her divine blessing, everyone who lived in her realm could have more food than any previous generation. Every year the crops grew more and more abundant.

Even the armies on the march could eat like kings.

Surely it was right to spread that abundance to all of Ireland. Yes, many men had died, but those who lived under her blessing would surely outnumber those who died in battle.

Many of the peasants were calling Hanae a gift from God, and it was getting harder for the clergy to argue with them. Was it not well known that the Lord showers blessings upon His faithful?

Hanae couldn’t prove it, but she felt that even the animals in the forest were growing larger and more plentiful.

The expansion of Dublin continued. The North would soon fall. Even the largest and capable of the Irish kingdoms had failed to stand up to Hanae and two of the northern kingdoms were led by literal children.

Oriel itself fell as soon as Dublin’s army crashed into theirs. It seemed as though Oriel’s army melted as soon as they made contact with Dublin’s, the battlecry of “Blessed be the Lady of Dublin” ringing in their ears.

Dublin’s soldiers were now perhaps the most feared in all of the British isles. Not only were they brave in battle, but they were increasingly mastering the ways of siegecraft, capable of bringing down the mightiest of walls.

Shortly thereafter, another daughter was born to Hanae and Rodrigo, a sweet young thing by the name of Sadako.

Dublin had been growing outward for some time, amassing more and more territory for itself. But now its people were growing too. Settlers were clearing more and more of the wilderness and Hanae gave her blessings to the new settlement.

Hanae was living in her perfect paradise. Her family was growing, her kingdom was growing, and life was getting better and better everyday. This was truly her fantasy life.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

RODRIGO NO.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Hurry, give him some of her blood! The middle ages were well-known for their needle's cleanliness, right?

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
oh nooooooo

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Hugely amused that you recognized the ol' "I come from the future so I will teach these PRIMITIVE SAVAGES about simple agriculture and ironmongery"-trope and subverted it.

Also is it just me or do the kids in their first stage of growth look INCREDIBLY goblinlike?

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
I wish our Once and Future Queen the best luck in her endevour of stopping the English language on its tracks

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Wouldn't a Nihon-Gaelic invasion of Britain just cause English to become even more hopelessly incomprehensible?

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Pyroi posted:

Hurry, give him some of her blood! The middle ages were well-known for their needle's cleanliness, right?

It's okay! Judging by all of the ominous foreshadowing going around, there's probably definitely someone out there who can heal Rodrigo's leprosy through Perfectly Legitimate "Jesuit Sorcery"* in a flash!

*side effects may include an onset of megalomania, uncontrollable bloodlust, and loss of free will.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Rodrig-NOOOO!

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Finally some normalcy in my crusader kings LP.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

PurpleXVI posted:

Also is it just me or do the kids in their first stage of growth look INCREDIBLY goblinlike?

Those were some really weird children models, not gonna lie.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Cooked Auto posted:

Those were some really weird children models, not gonna lie.

Every child looks like that in CKIII it’s awful.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Good to see that Hanae is going to embark on the path of existential horror that is every Irish/Scottish/Welsh playthrough of CK (or as I like to call it, Britannia: Repercussions of Evil)

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Hoping this LP is not another victim of truck-kun :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
It's back! It's back!!! The most blursed LP of all time is back!!!! :dance: