Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will/did you start SaGa Frontier Remastered with?
Riki
Blue
Red
T260g
Emilia
Asellus
Lute
Fuse
View Results

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
trading's weird. the only way i've gotten it to be useful is to dispatch single crystals to get a fairly steady supply of every other kind of crystal. you need a lot of those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Best results I've gotten has been from upgrading all the starter tier gear you can find one time (the upgrade that only takes 5 spirit stones) and then trading those. You can usually sell one for 20 spirit stones, 2 ironstone, or 5 of a basic resource, and if you don't get anything you want it's pretty common to get an offer for a different +1 weapon which you can buy and put up for sale for effectively free trading exp.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I honestly stopped bothering that much. I do it once in-between worlds and that's it.

NG+ carry over still has me a little perplexed. The game seemed to indicate the BR will scale very quickly with item carry over but it still seems very easy to me if you do that.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Carrying over battlerank is a mistake. I've done it twice now and the rewards from fights are still bad, new moves don't seem to spark any more often, and enemies have wildly outscaled me. Also they all gain comical amounts of status resist.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you carry over battle rank to a character you haven't played before you might have to abandon that playthrough.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Not all brutal fights are created equal. The Brutal Water spirit absolutely punished me and showstoppers aren't very useful when the attacks land on ore that isn't able to be damaged by anything other than spells

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Anyone on Steam Deck or just PC been having performance problems? I’ve been seeing lag that definitely wasn’t there before with my game and had a battle just hang up indefinitely when the characters do their post attack selection “run into formation” thing where they just never stopped running.

Oh and the music sounded like a creepypasta when i turned it from Sleep Mode, but pretty much everything I’ve played had slight audio issues when booting up in the middle of a cutscene, so that’s less worrying.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Last Celebration posted:

Anyone on Steam Deck or just PC been having performance problems? I’ve been seeing lag that definitely wasn’t there before with my game and had a battle just hang up indefinitely when the characters do their post attack selection “run into formation” thing where they just never stopped running.

Oh and the music sounded like a creepypasta when i turned it from Sleep Mode, but pretty much everything I’ve played had slight audio issues when booting up in the middle of a cutscene, so that’s less worrying.

My game started running at half speed at one point but I just chalked it up to a memory leak since I'd been playing a while

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The last boss destroyed me as Diva.

But the music was fantastic.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yup same. I had to swap Diva to full tank with guardian program but that eventually got me through it. At least the music makes it worth going through the fight multiple times.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

the music is so good! Someone finally uploaded the fight on youtube too, so I can go relisten to it now.

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

Oh, good! That song got drilled into my head from all the reattempts.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'm like halfway through B&F and I've yet to see a single brutal level fight. No wonder so many people think this is the easy route.

This is a very cohesive route though, it would be my pick so far for people's first route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Yeah, I have 3 three doors left to explore (assuming I go to them all) and I haven't bothered to change my formation once as the cop duo.

I'm gonna get crushed in the other playthroughs lol.