Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Is it just me or is the Advanced Search feature not sorting by Latest Upload anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
https://status.mangadex.org/
Mangadex's server migration which was totally scheduled but not announced until an hour before it happened (and then only on twitter/reddit/discord without a word on the site itself) has backfired so badly they've got "the east coast of North America and regions depending on it" locked out to prevent cascading failures :doh:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Swilo posted:

Mangadex's server migration which was totally scheduled but not announced until an hour before it happened (and then only on twitter/reddit/discord without a word on the site itself) has backfired so badly they've got "the east coast of North America and regions depending on it" locked out to prevent cascading failures :doh:

Site seems to be up for the East Coast, but log-ins are throwing up 503 errors for me.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Xelkelvos posted:

Site seems to be up for the East Coast, but log-ins are throwing up 503 errors for me.

Was down, is up now, but same on the login failures.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's giving me a temporary maintenance message, which is still an improvement from yesterday where it gave me nothing but white screens.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
It was working this morning until it wasn't.

I get that they're a super high traffic site, but you'd think they would understand the basic capabilities of their servers at least.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Swilo posted:

tbf they mentioned it nearly a full day before, but yes you have to be on the discord to hear anything about site issues. Last word from there is it's supposed to be fully back up, unless you're on the east coast.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Polsy posted:

tbf they mentioned it nearly a full day before, but yes you have to be on the discord to hear anything about site issues. Last word from there is it's supposed to be fully back up, unless you're on the east coast.

I'm not even in USA and I still can't enter it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
What a shitshow

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012
east coast here, and it was down for me last night but up for at least an hour this morning around 5; I hoped that meant they'd fixed their issues but yeah, down again. that sucks

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Up and down all day.

And not in the good way.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
"Join our discord!" is such a lame communication method. Apparently the rollercoaster today was services crashing, but they've been able to unblock all regions by instead blocking access to Tachiyomi :v:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Hmm it doesn't seem to be registering chapters as read.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Yeah i've had that problem for a few days now. It still ticks them off as read while you're on the page (most noticeable for chapters on MangaPlus etc., where they open in a new window), but if you reload the page or navigate somewhere else, the read flag resets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That's normal. It's still disabled on mangadex's end. Apparently the read marker system is incredibly resource intensive so it's the first thing they turn off when there are issues.

Makes sense I guess, that's a lot of per-user data to maintain.