Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

OddObserver posted:

.. Is that really Mana watching the chef battle?
... Well, it would be in character

Actually no. Unfortunately, the avatar code for a generic male speaker is MAN01, which is the same code as Mana, so when I find+replace the speaker codes, those two get confused a bunch if there are generic male speakers and Mana in the same update.

But you're right, it makes plenty of sense this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
XXI-2: Pages of Wrapping Up

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
XXII: Pages of Inescapable Fate, Part 1

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Wow! You are moving through this LP at a break-neck pace! I think you update almost every day if not at least every other day. Don't burn yourself out, ok?

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
I'm sort of surprised that neither of them has tried to make a curry pie, yet.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

mastersord posted:

Wow! You are moving through this LP at a break-neck pace! I think you update almost every day if not at least every other day. Don't burn yourself out, ok?

Appreciate the concern, but the vast majority of the content of the updates since the start of Chapter 7 were written months ago, so this LP has *really* been going on since mid-February. It's just it's not an official LP until it's posted here, is how I see it.

What happened behind the scenes is that about midway through my second playthrough, I decided to do an LP of Lulua in the near future. So what I did was transcribe the vast, vast majority of scenes from just before we recruited Sterk to the end of the post-game. I think I didn't transcribe and/or record all of like *maybe* three scenes from that point on. Aside from major boss battles like Mana here, most of the gameplay you see in the updates has been taken from the third playthrough. What I did months ago was basically entirely just transcribe scenes and major boss battles, occasionally rewriting things in the actual updates to match the scenes as I came across them on this playthrough. My "scenes" WordPad document for several months was basically just scene -> scene -> scene -> scene etc, with no attempt made at connecting them because I already counted on my second and third playthroughs not being entirely the same.

There are slight discrepancies here and there between the order of events seen in second playthrough versus the third, and the actual dates when gameplay stuff happened, which is why there are entire months worth of missing time you may notice and that I do not acknowledge.

So when it came time to write the updates that would be posted here, I put the scripts of the scenes I had already written into an actual update so that it's actually presentable, and that product is what you see before you. Writing long scenes is the easily the most time-consuming part of these threads, so not having to do that, because they've already been written, allows me to post these updates at a much, much faster clip than my previous threads.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Pages of Inescapable Fate, Part 2

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Bad End

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
XXIV: Pages of a Way Forward

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
XXV: Pages of Close Companions

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

quote:

My body shook with antici...

SAY IT!

quote:

...pation.

I'm amazed we didn't do seven-colour rainbow neutraliser curry. Also, I do love to see a good redemption. Atelier games, for me, do manage to face difficulty, but still have everyone come out okay, and it doesn't feel twee?

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Bonus Update 5

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
XXVI: Pages of Great Accomplishment

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
I want to say I am shocked - Shocked, I say! - at the reveal, but I'm not that shocked. It's a neat thing though, to be sure.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
XXVII: Pages of Changed Destiny

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I'll almost certainly have this thread ready to be put into the Archives by Friday. Next update is ready for posting and nearly all the content after that has been written. Just needs some formatting to be put into an actual update.

As for what's next, I'm not sure between the end of this thread and the next one while I'm still knee-deep in 100%ing Vesperia I'll start a new thread but I'm most interested in doing a Berseria/Zestiria double bill thread. I've also been noodling with a Sophie/Firis double bill but that won't happen at all, guaranteed, until I get the DX version of those games, so that probably won't materialize for quite some time.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
... did I miss an explanation for why Rorona's been wandering around in a bikini this last little while, when everyone else is dressed normally?

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

TheDavies posted:

... did I miss an explanation for why Rorona's been wandering around in a bikini this last little while, when everyone else is dressed normally?

Because it's a costume I liked. One of her DLC outfits.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
XXVIII: Pages of an Otherworldly Visit

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
XXIX: Pages of a Journey's End

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 12, 2021

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
How It Should Have Ended:

quote:

(Alt) ... or, um, breakfast?
Uh ... are you proposing --
She is.
And ... are you --
(Alt) I am.
... oooookay then.

Fade out.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
XXX: Pages of Perilous Overtime

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Normal Ending

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Eva Ending

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Aurel Ending

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Piana Ending

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Ficus Ending

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Niko Ending

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Rorona/Sterk Ending

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Curry Ending

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
True Ending

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Bonus Update 6

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 12, 2021

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
And that's it. Always nice to have another LP in the bag, if I do say so myself. Like I said earlier, I fully intend to do Sophie and Firis at some point, but that is only a vague twinkle in my eyes presently and certainly will not be happening any time soon. I played Lulua like 3 times back to back to back and I was quite ready to put this one away by the end of it. But, I am glad I managed to finish this relatively quickly and hopefully it was enjoyable.

As per my usual tradition, this thread will remain open until it get purged from the board, but I'll post again when this has been put into the Archive.

NyoroEevee
May 21, 2020
Very nice LP, and I am glad I was able to lurk this on the ground floor. I will say, having seen all this, that I absolutely have no problem with how Lulua and Stia's relationship "seems rushed" from what we get to see. And my main factor for that is Alchemyriddle. The idea that it is a culmination of at least one other Lulua's journey after failing to save Stia means, in my eyes, that the weight of that relationship is one of the subtler things that is inheritted by our Lulua. The way I see it, a Lulua who didn't have Alchemyriddle to guide her would have taken longer on her journey, but at the same time would have had longer to develop their bond. Conversely, the longer time could have also meant that Other Lulua and Other Stia didn't have the luxury of time to try to find an alternative solution to the Fellsgalaxen problem.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
https://lparchive.org/Atelier-Lulua/ At long last, here we are. It's always a thing where you can put the final bow on a thread. At least for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

drat, Didnt see this at all somehow.

Good job, never got around to buying this since I'm SICK of workshop ateliers, so it'll be nice to see what it's like.