Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 15- It Sucks rear end Being Me

Don't even PRETEND you didn't have a bad time with this mission WITH equipment WITH reflex mode WITH Diamond Dog WITHOUT a heroic amount of alcohol in your system

Alright I had the last one the first time I played this too but shut up

The kids are what everyone remembers, but yeah banning yourself from being able to shamelessly and lazily blow gunships out of the sky is pretty loving rough in this mission.

Flip a coin every ??? minutes. Heads Danaru is the best Metal Gear player you have ever seen, tails for Hotshots Part 3. Coin lands on the edge, Dan's suffering is so powerful that the time he posted is the blood sacrifice that fixes the phone and internet service being down in my area for over 12 hours.

What the gently caress I had no idea night vision goggles soldiers would still use a flashlight. WHY would they use a flashlight? The things you learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Summarily execute all unsanitary staff imo

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
"I won't kick you in the head 50 times", proceeds to violently yeet the cripple kid on the ground repeatedly like a delivery guy with a fragile package.

Kaz needs a serious reminder about how he couldn't walk either when you dragged his broken rear end out of a Soviet prison, biff him in the ocean along with all the unsanitary troublemakers and see how he likes that.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 16 - Dog Episode

Dog episode

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Good thing there's no nuns in the wilderness of 1984 Afghanistan eh?

(Also, not just the bestest boy coming along, he has a matching outfit now :3)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

What weapons customization mod was that? My life is going to be incomplete if I can't slap a stock and scope on the squirtgun :sweatdrop:

e: also it's criminal that D-Dog's visor is the lowest level outfit that's immediately replaced the instant you upgrade it

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Captain Hygiene posted:

What weapons customization mod was that? My life is going to be incomplete if I can't slap a stock and scope on the squirtgun :sweatdrop:

e: also it's criminal that D-Dog's visor is the lowest level outfit that's immediately replaced the instant you upgrade it

Customization Unbound. Sadly it doesn't work on everything, and I could only get the pistols to work :smith:

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 17 - Infinite Font Of Piss

I'm not gonna lie, you'll see the game over screen a bunch of times this session :cripes: Someday soon I'll actually get put into my new schedule where days make sense and I'm not just crippled sometimes on the days we can record

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I can't believe how many people are angry at Snake for wearing the appropriate color of safety gear as specified by OSHA for all on-site procurement efforts, smh :rip:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 18 - Hot Virtual Doob

Man this game's story is good when it has story

Danaru fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 21, 2021

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm weirdly entertained by the idea of Snake shooting guards and then being all "OOGGHH UGGHHH AAARRRGH! That's what you sound like!!" as they lie there bleeding out, before recruiting them to his friendsquad anyway

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 19 - Harumaki Place

I'll be honest, my hostage negotiation skills have never been ideal

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
So much time with a huge pipe between your legs, and not one dick joke? What LP am I even watching.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

The one where that would set Grace off on a course that turns half the episode into red_panda_twitter.mp3

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
this is a wholesome lp about venom dad and his friend dhorse, who frequently becomes flat

not the way that circlmaster goes flat though. circlmaster flats by choice; dhorse flats because of various spontaneous harmful factors in the environment

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 20 - This Isn't A Panda

This may not shock you, but this is the first playthrough of mine where cameras actually made it onto the field

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cameras are way more competent and annoying villains than Skull Face ever was :negative:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 21 - Revolver Queequeg

I'm a good person okay sometimes you need to punch children I didn't make the rules

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Man, the Kid Liquid fight is just bizarrely fun, I think it's the best use of CQC/QTEs in the game. And of course it's all the more fun because you're racing around chasing a small child to clown on them. It's also one of my favorite bits you can skip with foreknowledge, you can just sit around from a ways away and send in a rocket puuuunch from way outside detection range :v:

And yeah, since it came up, that bit about Ocelot hypnotizing himself really doesn't sit well with me. On a second playthrough there's so many lines of dialogue that seem really clearly set up to have Ocelot be the only one in the know all along, I have to think they got cold feet on that pretty late in production for some reason. Either way, I think it makes the story worse, and my mind subconsciously tries to forget it every time I'm reminded of it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 22 - Cryptids

This mission is a lot more trivial when you have silencers, it's interesting to see more of the moving parts that I haven't seen before :v:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Man I wish there were cryptids. Just imagine bionic punching a Bigfoot and sending it home to your brand new Cryptid Platform :hellyeah:

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
They're shouting hah-kah, short for HoofdKwartier, which is just HQ in Afrikaans/Dutch. Also, be nice to the sheep, they're pals, violence is for failsons and PMCs.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 23 - Number Two

It probably seems obvious to say, but fighting child soldiers is a major bummer when you dont have less lethal weapons

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
You've discussed the characters' ages before. From some months ago:

Mikl posted:

According to the wiki, Big Boss was born in 1935, nine years before Ocelot. So he's 49 during this game, which is set in 1984.

MGS3 was 1964, so Big Boss was 28-29 during that. Meanwhile Ocelot was explicitly born during the Battle of Normandy, 1944, so he's 19-20 during MGS3. Ocelot's a full nine years younger than Big Boss.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

It's me, I'm the guy who thinks it's good that they didn't put the ending into the game, from what I've seen it would just have been bad and cutting down on the child soldier and Liquid stuff is just good. You really don't need to do the Star Wars thing of over-explaining every character's back story.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mikl posted:

You've discussed the characters' ages before. From some months ago:

MGS3 was 1964, so Big Boss was 28-29 during that. Meanwhile Ocelot was explicitly born during the Battle of Normandy, 1944, so he's 19-20 during MGS3. Ocelot's a full nine years younger than Big Boss.

I can all but guarantee we'll have the same conversation again, we're poo poo at remembering stuff

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Hel posted:

It's me, I'm the guy who thinks it's good that they didn't put the ending into the game, from what I've seen it would just have been bad and cutting down on the child soldier and Liquid stuff is just good. You really don't need to do the Star Wars thing of over-explaining every character's back story.

Think of the missed opportunity we could've had though, I would sell my soul for another chance to repeatedly clown on Lil' Liquid :arghfist::smith:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 24 - The Hill

I'm not even the worst father on this base, somehow

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
It'd be pretty loving dire if you manage to be a worse father than Huey.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 25 - Sometimes

We did, unsurprisingly, get copyright claimed, but nothing that blocks the video so :toot:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I've seen a badass "Skulls taken down via CQC-only" video, I'm sure the next episode will go perfectly fine :madmax:

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
You probably already recorded but if poo poo goes super bad, you can always arm yourself with what you think a Diamond Dogs pilot would have to loot off his body. Which is to say a lovely pistol.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Gonna release this early since I'm clearing out some backlog

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 26 - The Alligator And Wombat Special

This may shock you but I really didn't consider the final couple of story missions when I decided on this challenge

Danaru fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jul 31, 2021

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Would I watch a bare chested, blood-soaked man in pink pants fight weird zombie dudes in hand-to-hand combat for almost an hour? Yes, that was loving intense.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Just Winging It posted:

Would I watch a bare chested, blood-soaked man in pink pants fight weird zombie dudes in hand-to-hand combat for almost an hour? Yes, that was loving intense.

This is probably the greatest possible five-second sales pitch for MGSV.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
I enjoyed my time at Dan's House Of Machetes. A shame that there's no storeroom or armoury that you could loot to speed things up while still obeying OSP.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I am legitimately impressed, I rarely last more than a few minutes here even coming in with crazy OP equipment, never mind lasting for an hour-long marathon when things head south.
It really is a shame how they handled CQC here. Snake slapping machetes aside is probably the coolest counter in the game, it really sucks that that turns into 40 minutes of taking down the Skulls' health bars a pixel at a time rather than being the badass way to take them out quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

This reminds me of my first time through the game, because I only really had non-lethal weapons researched. Of course I gave up after 15 minutes of cqc, opting instead to sit in the chopper for an hour while I researched machine guns and explosives.

Sadly even with good equipment the armor skulls really suck.