Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water. And we're mostly water. Therefore, we are bleach.

I'm hosting my first ever racing tournament on May 11th. We are currently at 17 participants for this tournament and will be accepting new sign ups until I hit my cap off point of 32 participants or until May 11th. Here is the Challonge link for the tournament. You can find all the details there as well.
:phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline:

Currently signed up for the tournament:
  • CirclMastr
  • TerrorVan
  • Subzero7
  • heavybass
  • PolterGhost
  • GeneJeanie
  • chaos_defrost
  • SalmonBuffalo
  • ampillion
  • bendyhuman
  • Tymestalker
  • Pufferfish_King
  • Polk_Kitsune
  • soundlyParanoid
  • Kuchiri
  • Notolecta
  • Neetsel
  • mickyj789

Tourney Admins:
  • FlamingRok
  • TerrorVan
  • OkamiOfGames
  • PolterGhost

People who are assigned as "floats" (will participate in the tournament if needed to fill a group/if a participant drops out or is disqualified from the tournament)
  • OkamiOfGames
  • Manic X / TooneySA

In addition to the tournament itself, I am also looking for more challenge submissions for the tournament as well. Here is the link to submit challenges for the tourney.

Finally, we have the list of games currently submitted for the tournament. You can see what we currently have here! If there is a game you want to see submitted for the tournament that isn't on this list, feel free to add it and if I think it's good, I'll add it into the database of accepted challenges, and if I think it sucks, I'll add it to the DENIED list. Even if it is a game we have a challenge for already, you can still submit it so long as the challenge has a different challenge length (details for all of that is in the Challonge page and the submissions page)

I fully expect this tournament to take anywhere from 2 - 6 months to finish, possibly even longer. There is no rush to get matches done, but you will have to set aside at least 2 hours per match + 30 - 60 minutes for set up (I also ask for everyone's patience if we have any technical difficulties because I am new at this).

Matches will be streamed to my Twitch Channel, then later edited and uploaded onto to my Youtube Channel. I'll be sure to post about tourney updates and notifying folks about upcoming matches regularly here once we get started. If this tourney goes over well with the participants, the viewers, myself and with folks reading the thread, then this will become a yearly event.

If you have any further questions about the tournament, feel free to post them here. Only 3 days left before I start scheduling match ups. Hope you all enjoy the tourney!

I'll update this post if any changes occur to any of the information posted here (for example: if anyone else signs up for the tournament)

EDIT: Signs up close on May 11th at midnight now because I've been sick and don't have everything I want to have finished for the tournament yet

Sprasshu fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jul 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water. And we're mostly water. Therefore, we are bleach.
MATCH ARCHIVES

PRELIMINARIES

GROUP A (ZeroGravyon, OkamiOfGames, GeneJeanie, chaos_defrost) ROUND 1 | ROUND 2 | ROUND 3

GROUP B (Tymestalker, bendyhuman, TooneySA/Manic X, Pufferfish_King) ROUND 1 | ROUND 2 | ROUND 3

GROUP C (CirclMastr, TerrorVan, Subzero7, ampillion) ROUND 1 | ROUND 2 | ROUND 3

GROUP D (Neetsel, RobustLaser, BANNED USER, Mickyj789) ROUND 1 | ROUND 2 | ROUND 3

GROUP E (Polk_Kitsune, Its_A_Starman, Freezestar, Notolecta) ROUND 1 | ROUND 2 | ROUND 3

BRACKETS

TBA

*Will update when i get the chance

Sprasshu fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 21, 2021

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

DELETED POST (This thread has been re-purposed altogether from what it originally was, so the information that was here is no longer relevant)

Sprasshu fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 21, 2021

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

We are at 20 participants for the tournament. Sign ups are now closed!

:siren: Let the tourney begin! :siren:

For the first ever Gelgium Falls Mystery Race tournament, we have 5 groups of 4 currently competing in the preliminary rounds.

Each group will play 3 matches. Each match will be a different challenge pack. The packs are as follows:
  • 2 Fast challenges (5 - 15 minutes in length) + 1 Extended challenge (30 - 60 minutes in length)
  • 3 Standard challenges (15 - 30 minutes in length)
  • 1 Long challenge (1 - 2 hours in length)

Afterwards, we spin a wheel to determine what games are played. After time elapses on a challenge, the racers must move on to the next challenge. If a racer finished a challenge with time to spare, they also must wait out the remaining time before starting up the next challenge.

The racers will also receive points based on how high they place in each challenge, the points are as follows:
  • 1st gets 3 points (for a maximum of 9 points)
  • 2nd gets 2 points
  • 3rd gets 1 point
  • 4th gets 0 points

Finally, we tally up all the total points the racers got for each of their challenges. Whoever has the top 2 highest point totals at the end of 3 matches for their group then moves onto the brackets, while the bottom 2 are eliminated. If their is a tie for 2nd and 3rd, a Fast challenge will be played as a tiebreaker.

Matches will happen whenever all 4 participants of a group are available to do them.

I'll update this thread whenever a match is scheduled to take place, when a match is currently taking place, to update current standings and whenever I finish editing and uploading the archived footage of a match.

Sprasshu fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 11, 2021

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

We've got some updates here on Week 2 of the Gelgium Falls Mystery Race Tournament:
:phoneline::phoneline::phoneline:

GROUP A (PolterGhost, OkamiOfGames, GeneJeanie, chaos_defrost): Currently in scheduling hell. PolterGhost, despite being responsible for assisting in making alot of the preparations for the tournament (including the games submission form) and for submitting alot of challenges for the tournament has seemingly disappeared for the last 2 months. If he remains inactive until June 1st, he will be booted from the tournament. Until he either returns or time is up, Group A will be unable to schedule a match.

GROUP B (Tymestalker, bendyhuman, SalmonBuffalo, Pufferfish_King): All 4 participants have agreed to do their first match on Friday May 21st at 10 PM EST

GROUP C (CirclMastr, TerrorVan, Subzero7, ampillion): All 4 participants have agreed to do their first match on Saturday May 22nd at 11 PM EST

GROUP D (Neetsel, TooneySA/ManicX, heavybass, mickyj789): There has been a change in the lineup.

Due to Tooney/Manic not having officially signed up for the tournament a week after the tournament had started, they were replaced by late entry RobustLaser. Tooney/Manic has agreed however to replace PolterGhost in the tournament, should he not be back active on the server again before June 1st.

As for scheduling a match this week, heavybass had stated they were on holidays, so therefore, this group will have no match this week

GROUP E (Polk_Kitsune, soundlyParanoid, Kuchiri, Notolecta): Tentatively scheduled to do their first match on Thursday May 20th sometime around 8 PM (Match Cancelled)

I will update this post if anything new happens regarding the tournament this week

Sprasshu fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 20, 2021

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

End of Week 2 update: We had our second lineup change already!

SalmonBuffalo has withdrawn from the competition, so TooneySA/ManicX is getting a second chance in the tournament again, this time as a member of Group B!

Group B is also scheduled to have their first match at 11 PM EST tonight. You can watch that take place here: https://www.twitch.tv/sprasshu

GROUP B | ROUND 1 STANDINGS
---------------------------------------------------------
Tymestalker: 1st place
Bendyhuman: 2nd place
Pufferfish_King: 3rd place
TooneySA/ManicX: 4th place

PACK ROLLED: 2 FAST & 1 EXTENDED
GAMES ROLLED
Game 1: Chocobo Racing - Submitted by Sprasshu | Finish a Grand Prix with any Racer and any Ability, and choose the following tracks: 1st - Moogle Forest, 2nd - Ancient Gate, 3rd - Mythril Mines, 4th - Floating Gardens. Highest placement wins, if multiple people place 1st, finishing the Grand Prix the fastest breaks the tie!
Game 2: Magical Puzzle Poplis - Submitted by FlamingRok | Clear the first ten levels! There is no jumping, only punching.
Game 3: Mega Man 3 - Submitted by Sprasshu | Defeat the 8 Robot Masters

Sprasshu fucked around with this message at 06:50 on May 22, 2021

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

One more match for you here before we wrap up Week 2! Group C will be starting their 1st round in this tournament tonight at 11 PM EST!

You can watch that match take place here: https://www.twitch.tv/sprasshu

GROUP C | ROUND 1 STANDINGS
TerrorVan: 1st place
Subzero7: 2nd place
Ampillion: 3rd place
CirclMastr: 4th place

PACK ROLLED: 1 LONG
GAMES ROLLED
Game: Gex - Enter The Gecko - Submitted by Sprasshu | Most TV Remotes in 2 hours

Sprasshu fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 24, 2021

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

Week 2 is over, Week 3 has now begun! The 2 matches that have taken place last week have now been edited together and are up on YouTube!

GELGIUM FALLS MYSTERY RACE TOURNAMENT - GROUP B, ROUND ONE

Featuring: Tymestalker, bendyhuman, TooneySA/ManicX and Pufferfish_King

GELGIUM FALLS MYSTERY RACE TOURNAMENT - GROUP C, ROUND ONE

Featuring: CirclMastr, TerrorVan, Subzero7 and ampillion

As for matches and updates this week, I'll be ignoring Group B and C from here on out until the other 3 groups do their Round One matches!

GROUP A (PolterGhost, OkamiOfGames, GeneJeanie, chaos_defrost): Yet another change in the lineup (hopefully it's the last!):

PolterGhost, after 2 months of inactivity, returns to say he is dropping out of tournament and will resume his role as an organizer. ZeroGravyon will now be replacing PolterGhost in this tournament!

Group A will have their first match on Saturday at 9 PM EST!

GROUP D (Neetsel, TooneySA/ManicX, heavybass, mickyj789): Just as heavybass was on vacation last week, Neetsel is on vacation this week. No match for this group this week!

GROUP E (Polk_Kitsune, soundlyParanoid, Kuchiri, Notolecta): Kuchiri has said they are unavailable this week

Will update the schedule if anything changes

Sprasshu fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 12, 2021

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

The sole tourney match happening here on Week 3. Group A will be starting their 1st round in this tournament tonight at 9 PM EST!

GROUP A | ROUND 1 STANDINGS
OkamiOfGames: 1st place
GeneJeanie: 2nd place
chaos_defrost: 3rd place
Zerogravyon: 4th place

PACK ROLLED: 3 STANDARD
GAMES ROLLED
Game 1: Sonic Advance - Submitted by Sprasshu | Clear Ice Mountain (Zone 4) or furthest in 30 minutes. Amy Rose only, all other characters banned!
Game 2: Mario Golf - Submitted by Sprasshu | Stroke Play! Finish a 18 hole game on Toad Highlands, lowest score wins, but you have 30 minutes to finish!
Game 3: Wanpaku Kokkun no Gourmet World (Panic Restaurant) - Submitted by PolterGhost | Beat the game, or furthest in 30 minutes (Japanese version because it's easier)

Sprasshu fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 31, 2021

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

We are now midway into Week 4, where hopefully we can wrap up the end of Round One this week! Group A's match that took place last week is now up on Youtube!

GELGIUM FALLS MYSTERY RACE TOURNAMENT - GROUP A, ROUND ONE

Featuring: Zerogravyon, OkamiOfGames, GeneJeanie, and chaos_defrost

(There, spelt the thumbnail right this time)

As for scheduling for this week, here is where we currently stand with Group D's and E's matches:

GROUP D (Neetsel, TooneySA/ManicX, heavybass, mickyj789): Scheduled to have their match Thursday at 8 PM EST

GROUP E (Polk_Kitsune, soundlyParanoid, Kuchiri, Notolecta): Scheduled to have their match on Saturday, the time is still undetermined however

Also because I've been slacking on it, the matches that have taken place so far have finally been added to the THREAD CONTENT list!

Sprasshu fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 12, 2021

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

MAJOR UPDATE: Kuchiri quit the tournament! No word, nothing, just left. I banned them from the server.

My tournament is dying at a fantastic rate! If you want to replace him, message me on Discord at Sprasshu#0995 or reply in this thread. We had a match with Group E scheduled for 1 PM EST, but now it's null and voided unless someone is willing to take his spot NOW! Save this loving shitshow of an event please!

The match is likely to be postponed to tonight or tomorrow now, if anyone is willing to take the spot, I'd appreciate it!

Edit: OkamiOfGames pulled through yet again and found a replacement participant for Kuchiri. Freezestar has now entered the tournament!

Sprasshu fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 5, 2021

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

Sorry for the sudden second reply (the sudden dropout threw me into a panic), but Group D's Round One match is now out on YouTube

GELGIUM FALLS MYSTERY RACE TOURNAMENT - GROUP D, ROUND ONE

Featuring: Neetsel, RobustLaser, heavybass and Mickyj789

Also because I forgot to announce Group D's match last night, here was the match's standings:

GROUP D | ROUND 1 STANDINGS
heavybass: 1st place
Neetsel: 2nd place
Mickyj789: 3rd place
RobustLaser: 4th place

PACK ROLLED: 2 FAST, 1 EXTENDED
GAMES ROLLED
Game 1: Diddy Kong Racing - Submitted by Sprasshu | Clear all 4 races in the Dino Domain and defeat the triceratops afterwards
Game 2: Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure - Submitted by Sprasshu | Beat the Cheetah boss at the end of Stage 1
Game 3: Mega Man 2 - Submitted by Sprasshu | Defeat the 8 Robot Masters

Now for Group E's standings regarding the tournament so far:

With Kuchiri dropping from the tournament mere hours before his scheduled tournament match, thanks to OkamiOfGames, Freezestar is taking up the mantle of replacing Kuchiri in this tournament. As such, the match that was scheduled for 1 PM EST today is now scrapped! We will be rescheduling the match for tomorrow for 9 PM EST

Sprasshu fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jun 12, 2021

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

Week 5 has begun. Group E is scheduled to start their match at 9 PM EST. After this match, all of Round One will of been concluded and Round Two of the Preliminaries will begin!

GROUP E | ROUND 1 STANDINGS
Polk_Kitsune: 1st place
Its_A_Starman (Changed their name from soundlyParanoid): 2nd place
Freezestar: 3rd place
Notolecta: 4th place

GAMES ROLLED
Game 1: Rush'n Attack - Submitted by PolterGhost | Beat the game. Infinite Lives (Changed it to ''Clear Stage 3'' about halfway through the challenge)
Game 2: Castelian - Submitted by OkamiOfGames | Beat stage 3 (Infinite Lives because Level 1 is poo poo)
Game 3: Klonoa: Door To Phantomile - Submitted by Sprasshu | Get to the boss of Vision 2-2. The game takes a massive spike in difficulty starting in Vision 2-1

Sprasshu fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jun 10, 2021

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

We are now halfway through Week 5! Round One has concluded, and Group E Round One match, is now out on Youtube!

GELGIUM FALLS MYSTERY RACE TOURNAMENT - GROUP E, ROUND ONE

Featuring: Polk_Kitsune, Its_A_Starman, Freezestar and Notolecta

Round Two has officially begun, and in the heat of Round One concluding, we have 3 scheduled tourney matches happening this week:

GROUP A (Zerogravyon, OkamiOfGames, GeneJeanie, chaos_defrost): Scheduled to have their Round Two match this Saturday at 9 PM EST

GROUP B (Tymestalker, bendyhuman, TooneySA/ManicX, Pufferfish_King): Scheduled to have their Round Two match this Friday at Midnight EST (Cancelled)

GROUP C (CirclMastr, TerrorVan, Subzero7, ampillion): Uncertain

GROUP D (Neetsel, TooneySA/ManicX, heavybass, mickyj789): Scheduled to have their Round Two match today (Wednesday) at 2 PM EST

GROUP E (Polk_Kitsune, soundlyParanoid, Kuchiri, Notolecta): No match this week

Sprasshu fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 12, 2021

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

I keep failing to announce when a group is about to go live with their matches before their matches take place, so I'm gonna discontinue doing that in this thread and just post the standings after the match takes place instead. Group D was the first group to do their Round Two matchup in the tournament! Here were the results of that match:

GROUP D | ROUND 2 STANDINGS
Neetsel: 1st place
Mickyj789: 2nd place
RobustLaser: 3rd place
Heavybass: 4th place (Forfeited the challenge)

GAMES ROLLED
Game: Sonic Shuffle - Submitted by Sprasshu | Finish a 7 Precioustone game the fastest, and place the highest. Finishing 1st and coming in first place in an automatic win. (3 Easy CPUs, any board except Fifth Dimensional Space)

GROUP D | OVERALL STANDINGS
Neetsel: 1st place with 5 points
Mickyj789: Tied for 2nd place with 3 points
Heavybass: Tied for 2nd place with 3 points
RobustLaser: 4th place with 1 point (Has to come 1st in Round Three to potentially avoid elimination)

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

The first match of Round Two to take place, Group D, Round Two of the Gelgium Falls Mystery Race Tournament is out on Youtube, now with updated thumbnails!

GELGIUM FALLS MYSTERY RACE TOURNAMENT - GROUP D, ROUND TWO

Featuring: Neetsel, RobustLaser, Heavybass and Mickyj789

Also tonight at 9 PM EST, to wrap up Week 5, we've got Group A doing their Round Two match. Again, you can watch these matches take place here: https://www.twitch.tv/sprasshu

GROUP A | ROUND 2 STANDINGS
OkamiOfGames: 1st place
ZeroGravyon: 2nd place
GeneJeanie: 3rd place
chaos_defrost: 4th place

PACK ROLLED: 2 FAST, 1 EXTENDED
GAMES ROLLED
Game 1: Game And Watch Gallery | Submitted by PolterGhost - Score as high as you can on all 4 games (max score of 100 on each game), Modern Hard, 1 attempt with each game. If you get a score of 100 on one of the games, move onto the next one.
Game 2: Tennis | Submitted by PolterGhost - Win 3 Games in a Singles match
REJECTED CHALLENGE: Mickey's Adventures In Numberland | Submitted by FlamingRok - Help out sheriff Donald Duck by collecting all 10 magic numbers! (Competitors beat it in 15 minutes)
Game 4: Mega Man 5 | Submitted by Sprasshu - Defeat 8 Robot Masters

GROUP A | OVERALL STANDINGS
OkamiOfGames: 1st place with 6 points (Moving onto brackets)
GeneJeanie: 2nd place with 3 points
ZeroGravyon: 3rd place with 2 points
chaos_defrost: 4th place with 1 point

Sprasshu fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 18, 2021

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

We are now over past the halfway point of Week 6! Here is the current schedule for this week:

GROUP B: Scheduled to have their Round 2 match tomorrow (Friday) at 11 PM EST (Tooney Cancelled!!)

GROUP C: Still waiting on confirmation for scheduling their match Saturday at Midnight EST

GROUP E: Scheduled to have their match tonight at 8 PM EST

GROUP E | ROUND 2 STANDINGS
Freezestar: 1st place
It's_A_Starman: 2nd place
Polk_Kitsune: 3rd place

GAMES ROLLED
Game: Spyro: Year Of The Dragon | Submitted by Sprasshu - Most eggs in 2 hours

GROUP E | OVERALL STANDINGS
Freezestar: Tied for 1st place with 4 points
Its_A_Starman: Tied for 1st place with 4 points
Polk_Kitsune: Tied for 1st place with 4 points
Notolecta: 4th place with 0 points (ELIMINATED)

Sprasshu fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 25, 2021

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

Update regarding the tourney: Things had to go on hiatus for a bit, which is why nothing regarding Week 7 was announced. It hadn't happened yet during this tournament, but I was having really serious problems with my computer constantly crashing on me. It crashed at the end of Group A's shitshow of a match and it crashed just before Group E's match, causing the start time to be delayed.

The reason for the crashing was my PSU was slowly dying and wasn't capable anymore of continually providing enough power to operate all the components of my PC. I also made the mistake of buying too weak of a PSU the first time around when I built this rig (I'm not really good with computer hardware). On June 19th, I held a 12 hour marathon stream to raise funds to get a new PSU. 15 minutes in, I crashed and by the time I got back online again, the donation goal had been met, thanks to Robust Laser, CirclMastr and GeneJeanie respectably.

Since then, the PSU has now arrived and is hooked up to my PC. Though it has only been about 24 hours, I'm confident in my tech issues being resolved now. So starting Sunday, the Gelgium Falls Mystery Race Tournament will be back in effect again!

Until then, Group E's Round Two match will be out on YouTube soon!

Edit: Speaking of Group A's shitshow of a match, it's up on YouTube now: GELGIUM FALLS MYSTERY RACE TOURNAMENT, GROUP A, ROUND TWO

Featuring: ZeroGravyon, OkamiOfGames, GeneJeanie and chaos_defrost

Sprasshu fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 25, 2021

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

We are midway through Week 8 now! Group E's Round Two match is now up on YouTube:

GELGIUM FALLS MYSTERY RACE TOURNAMENT - GROUP E, ROUND TWO

(I could not for the life of me find a good box art image for this game; so much for the mystery)

Now for this week's schedule. Just Group B and C are left to go for this Round, then on Week 9, we can begin Round 3, the final round of the preliminaries:

GROUP B: Scheduled to have their match tonight at 10 PM EST (1 hour from now)

GROUP C: Tentatively scheduled for Saturday July 3rd, but lack of engagement from Ampillion and Subzero is proving to be a problem for me. If this match fails to take place this week, we're still moving onto Round 3 regardless. (Subzero cancelled)

GROUP B | ROUND 2 STANDINGS
bendyhuman: 1st place
Pufferfish_King: 2nd place
Tymestalker: 3rd place
TooneySA/ManicX: 4th place

GAMES ROLLED
Game: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door | Submitted by Sprasshu - Clear Chapter 1

GROUP B | OVERALL STANDINGS
bendyhuman: 1st place with 5 points
Tymestalker: 2nd place with 4 points
Pufferfish_King: 3rd place with 3 points
TooneySA/ManicX: 4th place with 0 points (ELIMINATED)

Sprasshu fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 5, 2021

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

We are now on Week 10 of the tournament. I'm discontinuing announcing the week's match schedule on the account of groups constantly cancelling their matches. I'm just gonna post the match here once I have them fully edited and uploaded to youtube instead.

Since my last post, Group B and C did their Round Two match, and Group D did their Round Three match. Also, someone was banned from the tournament, but I'll go over those details once I get to editing together that group's match. For now at least, Group B's Round Two match is now uploaded to YouTube (has been for a few days now), and Group C's Round Two match should be uploaded tomorrow.

GELGIUM FALLS MYSTERY RACE TOURNAMENT - GROUP B, ROUND TWO

Featuring: Tymestalker, bendyhuman, TooneySA/ManicX and Pufferfish_King

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

Group C's Round Two match is now up on YouTube!

GELGIUM FALLS MYSTERY RACE TOURNAMENT - GROUP C ROUND 2

Featuring: CirclMastr, Terror Van, Subzero7 and ampillion

GROUP C | ROUND 2 STANDINGS
Terror Van: 1st place
Subzero7: 2nd place
ampillion: 3rd place
CirclMastr: 4th place

PACK ROLLED: 1 FAST, 2 EXTENDED
GAMES ROLLED
Game 1: Mario Power Tennis - Submitted by Sprasshu | Artist on the Court! Clear the first 4 levels (Mario, Luigi, Diddy Kong, Bowser and Bowser Jr.) the fastest. A then B for high lobs!
Game 2: Fatal Rewind - Submitted by PolterGhost | Complete Stage 2-1 (hold B to use items and keys, set lives and continues to max, use the rewind feature to avoid having to replay the same stretches of level)
Game 3: Mega Man X - Submitted by Sprasshu | Defeat the 8 Mavericks

GROUP C | OVERALL STANDINGS
Terror Van: 1st place with 6 points (Moving onto brackets)
Subzero7: 2nd place with 4 points
ampillion: 3rd place with 2 points
CirclMastr: 4th place with 0 points (ELIMINATED)

This will mark the end of Round Two!

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

Group D's Round Three match is up on YouTube now!

GELGIUM FALLS MYSTERY RACE TOURNAMENT - GROUP C, ROUND 3

Featuring: Neetsel, RobustLaser, heavybass, Mickyj789 and OkamiOfGames (Ghosting for Bass halfway through the match)

With that out of the way, now comes the major update: Heavybass has been BANNED from the Gelgium Falls Mystery Race Tournament! He will not be returning to compete in next year's tournament!

I came to this decision after he had ragequit this match, as it was his second ragequit in the tournament (took place 35 minutes into the video). Bass also continually showed poor sportsmanship during his 3 matches, (bragging if he was winning and bitching, whining and quitting the match entirely if he was losing), and also showed a complete lack of respect for me, his opponents and for the tournament in general. After consulting with my tourney organizers and moderators of the server as to what his punishment should be, we came to the consensus of banning him outright from the tournament and from all server events for an entire year. All mention of him on the Challonge page have also been removed, and replaced with BANNED USER. His victory in his first match of the Gelgium Falls Mystery Race Tournament has also been revoked.

A special thanks to Group A participant OkamiOfGames for replacing heavybass on the fly during the remainder of Group D's match. This also marks the first instance of someone "ghosting" for another player. A ghost is essential someone playing just to fill an extra screen. How well the ghost does on the challenge is irrelevant, it's just so I don't have a blank screen. There will be another match where someone else is ghosting for another player.

In future, this icon will indicate if another player is ghosting for that match. It'll be placed next to the ghost player's username.

GROUP D | ROUND 3 STANDINGS
Neetsel: 1st place
Mickyj789: 2nd place
RobustLaser: 3rd place
BANNED USER: 4th place

GAMES ROLLED
Game 1: Gex - Submitted by Sprasshu | Clear Disco Inferno
Game 2: Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 - Submitted by Sprasshu | Most money in 30 minutes
Game 3: Mario Pinball Land - Submitted by Sprasshu | Most stars collected in 30 minutes

GROUP D | OVERALL STANDINGS
Neetsel: 1st place with 9 points (Moving onto brackets)
Mickyj789: 2nd place with 6 points (Moving onto brackets)
RobustLaser: 3rd place with 3 points (ELIMINATED)
BANNED USER: 4th place with 0 points

Sprasshu fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jul 21, 2021

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

Update regarding the direction of the thread: I've come to the decision that "Let's Race" is dead and will never rise in popularity again. It took me about 3 years to come to this sad conclusion, but I'm tired of trying anymore. I've been burned out on editing together the race archives for a long time, and since killing the original thread and creating this one, outside of the archive, the Gelgium Falls Mystery Race Tournament is the only thing I've posted about for the last 20+ posts, in a thread with no replies other than myself. There's no point in continuing to kick a dead horse, so I asked an SALP mod to change the title of this thread.

This thread is now solely meant for promoting, archiving and posting updates on the Gelgium Falls Mystery Race Tournament, something which I'm gonna be turning into a yearly event due to the positive reception I've been receiving from viewers and participants alike, something I never got with doing the Let's Race archives. The OP for this thread has been updated, as well as the THREAD CONTENT page being turned into a MATCH ARCHIVE page.

Right, now that I got all my sadness out, time for tourney talk. Group E's final match of the Gelgium Falls Mystery Race Tournament is now up on YouTube:

GELGIUM FALLS MYSTERY RACE TOURNAMENT - GROUP E, ROUND 3

GROUP E | ROUND 3 STANDINGS
Its_A-Starman: 1st place
Freezestar: 2nd place
Polk_Kitsune: 3rd place

GAMES ROLLED
Game 1: Jaws - Submitted by Sprasshu | Score 30,000 points. No powering up
Game 2: Kirby: Nightmare In Dreamland - Submitted by Sprasshu | Defeat Paint Roller
Game 3: Rainbow Islands - Submitted by Nalwonk | Clear World 4

GROUP E | OVERALL STANDINGS
Its_A_Starman: 1st place with 7 points (Moving onto brackets)
Freezestar: 2nd place with 6 points (Moving onto brackets)
Polk_Kitsune: 3rd place with 5 points (ELIMINATED)
Notolecta: 4th place with 0 points (ELIMINATED)

Only one group left to go before we enter brackets. Group C's final match will be tomorrow at 10 PM EST. Then I'm taking next week (Week 12) off entirely to work on final preparations for brackets. This includes making more challenges, challenge testing, making a new stream overlay, finalizing brackets rules with tourney organizers and miscellaneous things like adding more osts to the match playlist and writing up for readmes for challenges that may require them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprasshu
Oct 21, 2020

Update on the tournament: I've been away from promoting this for awhile, but brackets have begun. Group C's final match of preliminaries never took place because Ampillion forfeited due to health issues and no one else wanted to do the match, so Terror Van automatically placed first for Group C and Subzero7 placed second by default. The final 10 have now been determined:

There were also alot of problems with the tournament so far. So since brackets concluded, I spent the last 2 weeks making changes to how Brackets were gonna work and came up with the following rule changes:

- Brackets will be double elimination
    - The first bracket, the Winner's Bracket, will be best 2 of 3 matches (won't be updating Challonge with results until someone wins 2 matches)
    - Because of this, packs will be updated:
      - 2 Fast/1 Extended will now be 1 Fast/1 Extended, with another Fast acting as a tiebreaker
      - 3 Standard will become 2 Standard, with another Standard acting as a tiebreaker
      - The Long pack will be unaffected by this obviously
    - Once someone is knocked out of Winner's Bracket, they are moved down to the Loser's Bracket
    - Loser's Bracket is a one match deal, if you lose again here, you are eliminated
    - When we eventually reach the finals, the finals match will be a best of 5
    - In this best of 5, we will include 2 random packs, Winner's Brackets choice of pack and 2 of my own custom hell packs
    - The order of packs for finals will be Winner Brackets choice, Random, Sprasshu Special, Random and then a final Sprasshu Special
    - A 2 second rule will also be added in to prevent photo finish victories, these will now result in a draw (sorry Polk)

About 60+ more challenges were also added into the game pool for brackets as well, which playtesting for these also took me alot of time. I've also been heavily involved with a bunch of other side projects as well. Brackets officially began on August 9th, 2021. Two matches have taken place so far, the first match up between GeneJeanie VS Mickyj789 and the first match up between Tymestalker VS Freezestar. Here were the placements for that match:

GENEJEANIE VS MICKYJ789 | MATCH ONE
LONG CHALLENGE
Game: Mario Party - Submitted by Sprasshu | Clear Mini-Game Island (or furthest in 2 hours). Save often!
Winner: Mickyj789 (via forfeit)

TYMESTALKER VS FREEZESTAR | MATCH ONE
LONG CHALLENGE
Game: Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped | Submitted by Sprasshu - Beat the game (or furthest in 2 hours)
Winner: Freezestar

Tonight at 10 PM EST is Match 2 between GeneJeanie and Mickyj789. If Micky wins, he'll move on to face bendyhuman in the brackets and GeneJeanie will be the first competitor to enter the Loser's Bracket. If Gene wins, we go into Match 3 sometime at a later date. I'll have the rest of the matches for preliminaries edited together soon, Group A's is done, but I want to get Group B's and a bonus video explaining why Group C didn't have a 3rd match out before I post them and archive them here. I hope everyone who is reading this thread is enjoying the tournament so far, I plan to host a second Gelgium Falls Mystery Race Tournament sometime again in April 2022!