Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://civileats.com/2023/05/23/the-true-cost-of-tuna-marine-observers-dying-at-sea/

This was quite a good article about the exploitation that goes on in the fishing industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?
https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/south-korea-ban-eating-dogs-2023-11-17/

I'm starting a petition to rename cows pigs and chickens to "grass dogs", "smart dogs", and "feathered dogs" so people can stop being hypocrites.

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010

DrBox posted:

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/south-korea-ban-eating-dogs-2023-11-17/

I'm starting a petition to rename cows pigs and chickens to "grass dogs", "smart dogs", and "feathered dogs" so people can stop being hypocrites.

"It is time to put an end to social conflicts and controversies around dog meat consumption through the enactment of a special act to end it," - so it's not even about animal welfare/rights, it's just explicitly about PR and the fact that people are arguing about it.

It's like here in the UK some police forces get really active about hare coursing. Then you see those same forces turn a blind eye, or even outright facilitate, the hunting of hares by posh people. It turns out that when you actually read why they have such a problem with hare coursing, it's because the people doing it often don't have permission to be on the land, so it's a trespass and land rights issue.

Incidentally, the poshos on horseback also often don't have permission, but it's just assumed they do because they have money and power, so therefore must also have land.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i want to be more like goku

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

BONGHITZ posted:

i want to be more like goku

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023
Just wanted to bump this thread and recommend this channel, I've learned a lot of good recipes from him. I'm particularly partial to his Mapo Tofu recipe, the crushed chickpeas are a great way to emulate the minced beef/pork that's normally found in that dish

https://youtube.com/@YEUNGMANCOOKING?si=DqQGnhhPqZKmwIQv

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

my_custom_username posted:

Just wanted to bump this thread and recommend this channel, I've learned a lot of good recipes from him. I'm particularly partial to his Mapo Tofu recipe, the crushed chickpeas are a great way to emulate the minced beef/pork that's normally found in that dish

https://youtube.com/@YEUNGMANCOOKING?si=DqQGnhhPqZKmwIQv

Hey this is great! Thanks!

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
If we're posting cooking channels we like Rainbow Plant Life is great. In particular I'm a big fan of her creamy herb sauce that I sub for pesto when i make pasta.

e:

Phigs posted:

The second link doesn't work for me, says it is no longer available.

My bad, link fixed!

DickParasite has issued a correction as of 12:56 on Jan 7, 2024

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

DickParasite posted:

If we're posting cooking channels we like Rainbow Plant Life is great. In particular I'm a big fan of her creamy herb sauce that I sub for pesto when i make pasta.

The second link doesn't work for me, says it is no longer available.

Sep 26, 2020

found the final boss of vegan hypotheticals:

ETA:

is daddy milk vegan?

57001 has issued a correction as of 02:11 on Jan 10, 2024

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

goku would drink daddy milk had the path been open to him

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
it's called mank

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

While on the subject of recipes, videos are good and all but I usually resort to cookbooks. Anyone got any good cookbook recs?

As far as what I have and use regularly:

How to Cook Everything Vegetarian - Extremely comprehensive + unless the recipe is dependant on eggs or cheese he'll usually include instructions on how to make a vegan version.

Bad Manners (formerly known as Thug Kitchen) - despite the very embarassing writing style the recipes are legit real good.

Veganomicon - Good all around, feel like a lot of the recipes hit that nice balance in-between being too simple and being too complicated.

No Meat Athlete - Nice and simple, lots of real solid recipes that are usually pretty simple to make, good since I don't feel like throwing together a dozen ingredients for every meal. Mostly use it for meal prep stuff.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Veganomicon is great.

Everything I've made from Plants Only Kitchen has turned out great and was pretty easy to make.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Veganomicon is the truth.

if you have an instant pot, Vegan Richa's Instant Pot Cookbook absolutely whips. I'm sure she's got non-instant pot cookbooks too.

i was skeptical of this 30 Minute Vegan Dinners book, but i actually got a bunch of good recipes out of it.

as always, consult your local library.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Dustcat posted:

imagine pretending you're a leftist and then dogpiling on Kindest Forum User lmao

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

if you have an instant pot, Vegan Richa's Instant Pot Cookbook absolutely whips. I'm sure she's got non-instant pot cookbooks too.

That sounds great, these days I mostly just use my instant pot for beans and I really should get back to trying other things with it. Gonna check that book out! :cheerdoge:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

new vegitarian cooking for everyone by Deborah Madison

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pain_in_fish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?
Fishing is a psychopathic activity that is only normalized because fish do not emote in ways we understand and so are more difficult to empathize with.

Dragging any mammal or bird around by a hook in their face then suffocating them would not be tolerated today.