Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loopsheloop
did anybody else used to love posting on internet forums earlier in life? having a great time with strangers, just passing the time, shooting the proverbial "sh*t" with folks halfway around the country, or even the whole world?

i've been reading thru an older forum i used to frequent and am feeling nostalgic for those manic late nite sessions....heart racing, keyboard keeping pace.... the thrill of a perfectly placed shitpost. lols flying at extremely high speeds. that kind of rapport seems of a moment in time that doesnt exist anymore.

im in my 30s now... got a career and a dog..... is posting even right for me anymore?

thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loopsheloop
other nice feelings of early aughts forums:

-ABSOlutely poppin off with a cracked copy of photoshop 7
-feeling cool posting personal pictures and phone numbers with no fear of unsavory consequence
-knowing ppl by their names instead of screens
-talking to girls
-excited to get home from school and just start posting!

biosterous

good news op, you're on byob aka the posting forum and it looks like you are posting, so that seems like a good first step imo

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
*posting training montage*

Manifisto

loopsheloop posted:

-feeling cool posting personal pictures and phone numbers with no fear of unsavory consequence
-knowing ppl by their names instead of screens
-talking to girls
-excited to get home from school and just start posting!

your photoshops are still extremely welcome here

our official policy with respect to girltalk:

BYOB reggae posted:

Make a youtube thread, MSpaint your dick
If dey find out ur a girl you get da profile clicks
And even if youre not you can still be a chick
Just post some other girls picture, thats the trick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms_S3sd5JzU&t=3s

ty nesamdoom!

Khanstant
posting owns op, its fun to leave comments, and it's nice how the keyboard feels when you prtess the buton and the noise it makes too wow

Khanstant
you're never too old to post btw, I'm almost 90 years old, I've got dozens of dogs, I work several careers, and I've got more wives than is legally or ethically permitted in any culture bbut i still psot post post

Heather Papps

hello friend

i got some news for you pal - you're already back in

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Ass-penny

Heather Papps posted:

i got some news for you pal - you're already back in

And I for one think you should stay in OP.

j u s t
k e e p
p o a s t i n g

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

just when i thought i was out they pull me back in

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

If you aren't posting, you're lurking, and lurkers MUST post, so.

loopsheloop
wow, this blew up in a big way! thanks for all the words of encoruagement- its nice to know that there's still a place where posting is accepted- nay, even CELEBRATED on the good ol web 2.0 :)

More good feelings of forum posting:
-refreshing IE every 3 seconds to see if your forum pals replied to your awesome posts
-making friends lists threads and seeing your handle unsolicited
-finding a funny picture online that perfectly relates to the thread-at-hand and posting it to huge acclaim
-searching your username and finding ppl saying nice of things in random places
-thinking about some really good posts while your away from the computer and writing them down so you can post them later!

loopsheloop fucked around with this message at 22:56 on May 15, 2021

Nexein

"Donuts of
Champions"

Luvcow posted:

*posting training montage*

*training posting montage*

https://giant.gfycat.com/FragrantGorgeousLeech.mp4
Spring masterpiece courtesy of Prof. Crocodile, thanks!

biosterous

loopsheloop posted:

wow, this blew up in a big way! thanks for all the words of encoruagement- its nice to know that there's still a place where posting is accepted- nay, even CELEBRATED on the good ol web 2.0 :)

More good feelings of forum posting:
-refreshing IE every 3 seconds to see if your forum pals replied to your awesome posts
-making friends lists threads and seeing your handle unsolicited
-finding a funny picture online that perfectly relates to the thread-at-hand and posting it to huge acclaim
-searching your username and finding ppl saying nice of things in random places
-thinking about some really good posts while your away from the computer and writing them down so you can post them later!

if you have a modern phone you can write the notes on your phone, or even just post them directly! this part of living in the future: it's good

gallery of sigs

he/him

Rocket Baby Dolls

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I have too many stories regarding this and it's brought back some memories. I do miss the late-night chats and phone conversations with random people, I miss the impromptu game sessions, I miss making friends because why the gently caress not and meeting up with people just because it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Now I'm now working full time and have two children who I'm responsible for. In my mind, I've made many plans but have eventually reneged upon them.

If you're going to post again then do it on your own terms, for better or worse.

Stoner Sloth

step 1: :protarget:

step 2: :justpost:

step 3: :jpmf:

loopsheloop

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I have too many stories regarding this and it's brought back some memories. I do miss the late-night chats and phone conversations with random people, I miss the impromptu game sessions, I miss making friends because why the gently caress not and meeting up with people just because it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Now I'm now working full time and have two children who I'm responsible for. In my mind, I've made many plans but have eventually reneged upon them.

If you're going to post again then do it on your own terms, for better or worse.

yea, thats basically it. Whether it be the passing of time or the new information age, posting as we knew it is going out to pasture. maybe the digg/reddit style of content is to blame.... It's all about upvotes and content versus the inconsequential, tangential conversations that bring two people closer together.

your post reminded me of ogame and Facebook scrabble though! Now thats another nice old forum feeling. post your favorite forum feelings itt

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

Stoner Sloth posted:

step 1: :protarget:

step 2: :justpost:

step 3: :jpmf:

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

WithoutTheFezOn
Oh no
*strummin and pickin*
And the cat's in the hammock and the silver spoon …

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

loopsheloop posted:

yea, thats basically it. Whether it be the passing of time or the new information age, posting as we knew it is going out to pasture. maybe the digg/reddit style of content is to blame.... It's all about upvotes and content versus the inconsequential, tangential conversations that bring two people closer together.

your post reminded me of ogame and Facebook scrabble though! Now thats another nice old forum feeling. post your favorite forum feelings itt

every post in byob is an upvote for every other post in byob

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

nollek

We speak for Earth
posting feels good man

nut

nollek posted:

posting feels good man

biosterous

loopsheloop posted:

i like the feelings:

getting a joke quoted so i know people liked it

quoting a good joke so that they know i liked it

seeing a wall of emptyquotes of someone's very good joke and knowing that all my posting pals are laughing about this great joke together

gallery of sigs

he/him

Prof. Crocodile

nollek posted:

posting feels good man

Escape From Noise

Nothing quite like the rush of posting a dumb throwaway joke and see your friends transform it into a series of hilarious jokes. I tell you what.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i like when i don't have any good ideas for a photoshop but someone posts a really good idea for a photoshop

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

selan dyin

loopsheloop posted:

my early posting career was centered around a forum about photoshop / forum signatures

just checked it out on wayback machine, and theres a bunch of pages cached including my old profile, looking at poo poo i ahvent seen in 15 years is neat and v nostalgic

loopsheloop

BALLS DILDO posted:

my early posting career was centered around a forum about photoshop / forum signatures

just checked it out on wayback machine, and theres a bunch of pages cached including my old profile, looking at poo poo i ahvent seen in 15 years is neat and v nostalgic

oh, you on that nsl poo poo bruh???

:coolfish:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

loopsheloop posted:

oh, you on that nsl poo poo bruh???

:coolfish:

oh hey nice