Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

We got a free copy of the VHS of Shrek from blockbuster and for whatever reason 8 year old me was convinced it was because of something I did. So I would march around the house waving the VHS around making everyone in my family thank me for winning us the VHS (that only I had any interest in watching btw)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

i had matrix on dvd before i had anything that could play it

same

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

NienNunb posted:

We got a free copy of the VHS of Shrek from blockbuster and for whatever reason 8 year old me was convinced it was because of something I did. So I would march around the house waving the VHS around making everyone in my family thank me for winning us the VHS (that only I had any interest in watching btw)

On dvd it had bloopers that poo poo was funny af

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Cackling spewing chewed up breakfast cereal everywhere while my ps2 slowly dies from watching fuzzy donkey over and over again

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Cackling spewing chewed up breakfast cereal everywhere while my ps2 slowly dies from watching fuzzy donkey over and over again

Lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

2001 space odyssey. my dad was on top of the tech.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

another dvd i just remembered: the 1993 Three Musketeers movie starring Kiefer Sutherland, Charlie Sheen, Oliver Platt, Chris O'Donnell and Tim Curry

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I remember the matrix case was lovely cardboard like era PSX games lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon posted:

Yeah a lot of early DVD cases were just like thin cardboard and a weird plastic clip to close it. I had Austin Powers and it had a case like that

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

I had to go to my buddys house to play PS2. Super rich kid, absentee parents. No supervision, no limits on screen time. GTA3 for hours and hours. My friend would get into fights with his little brother Stevie and pin him down and fart on his face. First dvd I watched was American Pie on my friend’s PS2. Making up elaborate lies to my parents about going on bike rides and playing basketball so that I’d be allowed to go back

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
my dad bought a standalone dvd player in like 2000 so the first dvd we watched was the perfect storm. i think the first one i watched on my ps2 when i got it was scary movie 2

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

elf help book posted:

i had matrix on dvd before i had anything that could play it

Woah same

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

yep.

menu music is burned into my brain from falling asleep to the movie basically every night in 2001

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

fellowship of the ring

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Dad said he was going to get some stuff for his work one day and came back with a PS2 for my brother and I with GTA3.

Also a DVD of Mission Impossible 2 with a big sticker over the front saying "PS2 Compatible"

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 minutes!
my mom fuckin pulled a fast one on me and hid my ps2 under my bed one birthday. I was shocked.

it was the one that came with gran turismo 3. I also got the simpsons season one and the goonies

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

one day, My buddy brought over his modded PS2 and his book of copied ps2 games; we played an untranslated FFX-2 for the first time. My roommate thought I was playing some Jpop RPG.

The Matrix here

Yep. Same. I think It actually came with the family PC we got too.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Professor of Cats posted:

one day, My buddy brought over his modded PS2 and his book of copied ps2 games; we played an untranslated FFX-2 for the first time. My roommate thought I was playing some Jpop RPG.

You were

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lol

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
My dad bought SSX Hot Shots Golf Ridge Racer and a bunch of Point Blank games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

admiring my cousin's early library of ps2 games and turning Midnight Club over and back again and again because i couldn't get over how cool the blue discs were