Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

The Lone Badger posted:

You do chop large sections off your dog during the playthrough.

You might, you monster. My dog remains a dog even as I give zero thought to replacing whole portions of my brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So does anyone know what the different elemental effects you get from archeotech actually do? Also has anyone actually gotten a purple/yellow plasmagun or bolter, I've gotten multiple drops of everything but those.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 9, 2021

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Yellow bolter was my main weapon and MVP once I got it. Kit it out right, you won't need ADS at all and it'll still put rounds on target reliably while you're running and jumping like a jackrabbit.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Yellow plasmagun was literally my first +3 weapon and it also owns. Then again tier 3 weapons may just be that good regardless.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Does your character choice at the beginning have any effect on anything besides how you look? Picked one of Jian Shang Di lookalikes at the start and I definitely didn't realize I'd start with a cyber-arm.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Skyl3lazer posted:

It depends on where you are. On campaign levels I think you just restart since the last save point terminal you reached. You definitely restart just before bosses if you die to them.

Yeah that is super generous. Funny I just figured that you would restart the whole thing or go back to the hub world so I was kinda super careful if my health ever got low. That definitely makes me think that buying stimms is almost useless unless there is a particular section that you die on repeatedly.

Ravenfood posted:

Does your character choice at the beginning have any effect on anything besides how you look? Picked one of Jian Shang Di lookalikes at the start and I definitely didn't realize I'd start with a cyber-arm.

I'm pretty sure not? Or at least, I think there might be one model for female avatars and a slightly different one for male, but they all have cyber arms on the right side. Different voice actors too for each gender but that's it. I chose the default mohawk lady and she also has the cyber arm, or two I can't remember.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
If I buy, eg, the Finned Bullets ammo for the Epitaph shotgun will I get them for all Epitaphs or just the one I bought it for?

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Ravenfood posted:

If I buy, eg, the Finned Bullets ammo for the Epitaph shotgun will I get them for all Epitaphs or just the one I bought it for?
Just the one you bought it for.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I finished the game yesterday; couldn't really tell what the hell was going on for the most part both in story and in gameplay, but, I liked it.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Talkie Toaster posted:

Just the one you bought it for.

Thanks. I'm kinda bummed you get two different autoguns but don't seem to get any kind of lasgun. I get that they probably don't feel as nice to fire or sound as good, but still. Everything else has had good sound and feel so maybe could have done it. Either the striker or vpanther seem like they would be fine statwise to be lasguns instead. It's not like autoguns ever worry about ammo any way so might as well give them unlimited ammo and a "swap battery packs" thing instead.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 10, 2021

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Ravenfood posted:

Thanks. I'm kinda bummed you get two different autoguns but don't seem to get any kind of lasgun. I get that they probably don't feel as nice to fire or sound as good, but still. Either the striker or vpanther seem like they would be fine statwise to be lasguns instead. It's not like autoguns ever worry about ammo any way so might as well give them unlimited ammo and a "swap battery packs" thing instead.
Actually, there is a longlas but not the regular variant for whatever reason.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Play posted:

I'm pretty sure not? Or at least, I think there might be one model for female avatars and a slightly different one for male, but they all have cyber arms on the right side. Different voice actors too for each gender but that's it. I chose the default mohawk lady and she also has the cyber arm, or two I can't remember.

Im pretty sure you got zero meat limbs left.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0lBX39xWZc

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Swear to god, if I hear "Throne-Damned Skinny" one more time... :suicide:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
You know, I probably shouldn't have upgraded my dog's legs. I hope he likes them.

Also is the handling stat worth a drat at all? I've mostly been hipfiring so a slower ADS time seems fairly worthless.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jun 15, 2021

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
As long as your accuracy and stability stats are good enough to make sure your first shots land on target despite firing from the hip, handling has no real value.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

You don't need accuracy, stability, or handling if you're firing a foot from the dude's face. Up the damage and get in there.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Always be shotgunnin.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Mordja posted:

seems pretty self-explanatory to me rly

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Mordja posted:

I just found it and it actually looks and sounds good, making it even weirder that they don't have a regular lasgun. Oh well.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

I found this interesting, so I thought I'd share. How does WH40K + Streum On gun designs strike a real weapons expert?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CTGVSBS97M

I'm also surprised Gamespot has a feature worth watching, but of course it from someone who doesn't work for them.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Rebel Blob posted:

I found this interesting, so I thought I'd share. How does WH40K + Streum On gun designs strike a real weapons expert?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CTGVSBS97M

I'm also surprised Gamespot has a feature worth watching, but of course it from someone who doesn't work for them.

I appreciate that this guy is aware that guns are designed in games to be cool and have mechanics like reload time be a factor and isnt just being upset that the game isn't 1:1 with reality like many other [Experts] React videos

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Aaaand I found a level 3 bolter. I think I'm set for a primary weapon now, just need to get a good Escher's Kiss and that's that. Able to get almost pinpoint accuracy firing from the hip with some powerful as hell shots. It does kind of suck that you can't have one of each type of gun in your stash though; there are more basic and special guns than you have slots. I wouldn't mind being able to save them just to be able to take them out for a spin.

Do the various side mission maps get chosen randomly or just by campaign progress?

E: and is kill style based on weapon variety, headshots, or something else? I noticed I got more when I tried varying my gun selection some, but I've never been able to get an S. I think I got an A once?

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 16, 2021

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

are those treasure maps purely just a prank on the player or is there some context in which they're worthwhile

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

are those treasure maps purely just a prank on the player or is there some context in which they're worthwhile

I'm not sure how they work but I've been buying them because I've anecdotally noticed better drops when they are used, which may end up more than recouping the cost. I'm not sure that the 12k maps are worth it since I don't know if they upgrade your worst drop or whatever, but I've been buying the cheap ratskin ones.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
if you find a bolter of any kind or a plasma weapon. just use those. loving painting the ceiling with gangers is fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

If you have the patience for those plasma balls to amble their way over to the target find yourself a gravgun instead, effortlessly incinerate every enemy in the game and replace them with something way more hazardous to your health

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jun 18, 2021