Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010
no s'mores blizzard this summer means BOYCOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

What is everyones opinion on dip cones?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Zil posted:

What is everyones opinion on dip cones?

They're pretty good but if I'm going to DQ that feels like settling.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

Anyone been to a Dairy Queen that also doubles as an Orange Julius? I do like a good Orange Julius.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Are there any dairy-free products at Dairy Queen? I realize this is a somewhat foolish question, but I am not supposed to have dairy until my lungs improve a bit.

Cockashocka posted:

Anyone been to a Dairy Queen that also doubles as an Orange Julius? I do like a good Orange Julius.

ALl the ones in town have Orange Julius but none carry the branding.

It's not the same but it's close enough, better than no Orange Julius.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
ours got rid of the orange julius yet still gives you things in the orange julius cups

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i stopped by the DQ for lunch today since it was near an office i had to visit. got the double cheeseburger combo. i forget that they don’t do lettuce on their burgs so when i ordered it without the pickles it left the burger lacking texture. that’s on me and my defective pickle disliking butt.

fries were alright. overall B-

next time I’ll do fries and a blizzard for lunch. my go-to is the Oreo but i have occasionally ventured to others like the peanut butter cup

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Nikumatic posted:

it's pretty insane that dairy queen literally has two different menus depending on whether or not you are in texas

OTOH, if you live in the correct state, you can get a kickass taco salad or steak finger basket with your Blizzard.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if i was a good little child my parents would reward me with a chicken basket. yum yum. haven't been inside a DQ in years though. the one they used to take me to got turned into a taqueria.

i swear they had steak fingers at this one too and i'm not in Texas. but it's ancient history.

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

rndmnmbr posted:

OTOH, if you live in the correct state, you can get a kickass taco salad or steak finger basket with your Blizzard.

it's amazing how much better the texas menu is. i just checked and it looks like jalitos aren't a regular item anymore which is disappointing. they're probably the spiciest fast food thing i've ever had

----------------

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

There is a great deal of clamoring for deals in this thread. Rightfully so I might add. May I present the two cheeseburgers for $5 or two DOUBLE cheeseburgers for $7 going on at my local Oregon DQ. Those doubles are hearty af for $3.50 each. I suggest you try.......

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Most Dairy Queens close here for the winter because no one wants ice cream when it's 2F.

----------------

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Most Dairy Queens close here for the winter because no one wants ice cream when it's 2F.

Cowards

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I never understood this... ice cream is a delicious any time treat

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I love ice cream in the winter cuz you can take your time eating the cone instead of racing against it melting

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Are these ghetto DQs without a grill? Good enough chicken fingers should be available year round.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Szyznyk posted:

Are these ghetto DQs without a grill? Good enough chicken fingers should be available year round.

They have grills but they're usually smaller.

----------------

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

My DQ only has ice cream and hot dogs. Only had the hot dogs once, was pretty good.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
DQs with hot food are very rare in the south west.

Apparently the treat shops are a fairly affordable franchise.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
i've come to hate the texas/everywhere else dq split.

like the texas menu hot food is pretty dang good but any time i hear about something new at dq it's outside of don't mess with texas.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Because of that post I've discovered that Texas DQ's have their own menu and even website. Texas DQ has some interesting stuff, this is bullshit...

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jalitos ftmfw

----------------

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nikumatic posted:

i've come to hate texas

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

----------------

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I hate corporations doing April fools day :mad:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I'd order that if it came with more fries/chicken

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Wendigee posted:

I hate corporations doing April fools day :mad:

The real cruel April Fools joke where they claim they will be selling it as a long term menu item for $1 or something.

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

changed my mind. i would buy teh gravy cup as advertised.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

luv2shit posted:

changed my mind. i would buy teh gravy cup as advertised.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

It's an inverted KFC bowl without corn or mashed potatoes