Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Watch S2 if you’re not feeling S1, it’s absolute gold tier Taskmaster. Jeremy is probably the weak link of the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Yeah it does get a lot better. Even in s1 there's a pretty sharp uptick in quality after the first few episodes imho, and s2 is some of the best taskmaster ever (in part because Jeremy was more comfortable riffing with the contestants, though I'm given to understand he actually does more as the Taskmaster than we see and it mostly gets cut in editing). S4 is also very very good. S3 is a little uneven but there's some very good bits in.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

yeah i feel like both NZ and AU are in the same tier as the UK, where the question is mostly do they get a cool cast in a particular series rather than whether the baseline quality will be up to snuff

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

PittTheElder posted:

Does TMNZ get better? I just watched the first episode and it was pretty rough. Their Alex is good, but it felt like their Greg was still very torn on whether he should be doing a Greg Davies impersonation or not
NZ season 2 is up there with UK season 7 for the best series ever in my opinion. Admittedly, Jeremy Wells takes some getting used to and he still mostly comes off as inoffensive at best.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Jeremy never really perfects the art of being the Taskmaster, and it's best just to watch accepting he's a functional part of the show and focus on enjoying the contestants and Paul Williams.