Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis

There is one eyelash on my left eye and one on my right that never, ever, grow in properly, like impacted wisdom teeth but without the good drugs you get to have those taken out. Each time they grow, it takes awhile for them to get long enough to be removed and I squint a lot and rub my eyes and fume.
My hair is relatively long but fine, and also a good deal thinner at the front than the back. Every six months, several new hairs get to just the right length to wave gently right around eyelash level and just stay there. They are impossible to pin back or braid and they slip free from hairbands like keratin ninjas. Particularly obnoxious if I need to use both hands and can't safely swipe at the drat things.
But then, whenever the stars are right, both of these irritating types of hair arrive together and I spend a week clawing at my face to rid it of this maddening scratching-wispy-itch that interferes with my vision and sanity.

What ridiculously small irritant completely destroys your equilibrium?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Nothin' a couple cups of Crisco can't solve, op.

I hate it when my nose hairs get long enough that they get tickled and make me sneeze. Usually that's when I rip them out, which also makes me sneeze. Life is rough.

xcheopis

cruft posted:

Nothin' a couple cups of Crisco can't solve, op.

I hate it when my nose hairs get long enough that they get tickled and make me sneeze. Usually that's when I rip them out, which also makes me sneeze. Life is rough.

Crisco seems an odd thing to put in one's eye but if I can't trust someone on the internet, then where are we as a species?

I have a couple of small, dark, hairs on my upper-lip that are riiiiight near my nose and getting rid of them is painful and also, yes, sneeze-inducing. This is the stupidest design for a body.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

biosterous

sometimes a bunch of beard hairs will decided they all want to grow out of the same spot, so i get one really thick and short hair and the area around it is super sensitive. i can't do anything about it until it reaches a certain length, and then i can finally pluck them and it is a huge relief

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Prof. Crocodile

whenever my spicy water goes flat, i get very grumpy, and i can't bear to drink it. spicy water gone flat is so much worse than plain water, somehow.

xcheopis

biosterous posted:

sometimes a bunch of beard hairs will decided they all want to grow out of the same spot, so i get one really thick and short hair and the area around it is super sensitive. i can't do anything about it until it reaches a certain length, and then i can finally pluck them and it is a huge relief

I have one of those right at my hairline near my left ear and I hate it.

Prof. Crocodile posted:

whenever my spicy water goes flat, i get very grumpy, and i can't bear to drink it. spicy water gone flat is so much worse than plain water, somehow.

It tastes sort of sticky, somehow.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i have a mole on my right shoulder that i still don't recognize as part of my body. it's not huge or irregular or anything but frequently i'll touch it and have a moment of panic thinking a tick or something is on me before remembering.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

cruft

xcheopis posted:

It tastes sort of sticky, somehow.

You're tasting carbonic acid. :eng101:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I cannot stop thinking about the one grandma whisker I have that is currently deep under the skin and hurts like hell.

I will have my revenge upon your emergence.

kuskus

I was raised to only swallow whole corn kernels so that my leavings seemed bejeweled.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I have a moustache hair that grows into the corner of my mouth sometimes and, like you, I have to wait for it to grow out long enough to capture and pluck.

I call him "fucky".

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
been trying to grow my beard out.

like a typical goon the hair on my chin is hella more luxurious than on the sides of my face.

every attempt to try and even it out has not changed my current status of southeast regional 3rd runner-up, grizzly adams lookalike contest.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

kuskus

I love to pluck one hair that only grows every other month in the dead center of my cheek. It’s clear. I have collected them in an old cigar box. I weighed the box on a scale. On the other end of the scale I put a family sized pack of generic Twizzlers.
They now weigh the same.

Manifisto

xcheopis posted:

My hair is relatively long but fine, and also a good deal thinner at the front than the back. Every six months, several new hairs get to just the right length to wave gently right around eyelash level and just stay there. They are impossible to pin back or braid and they slip free from hairbands like keratin ninjas. Particularly obnoxious if I need to use both hands and can't safely swipe at the drat things.

during the pandemic era of self hair care I have had this experience of floaty super fine hairs that keep wanting to touch my face, it is indeed maddening

I will occasionally discover random sneeze triggers. there was a summer when I walked a certain route every workday morning and without fail, at the same general place on the route, I would suddenly have to sneeze like three or four times. it was probably the pollen of some kind of plant or tree, it was just hilarious that it happened so reliably. I also do photosensitive sneezing sometimes, and also sometimes scratching at a certain area on my face will make me sneeze.

what I think annoys me the most about being locked into a series of sneezes is when you're with someone who feels an obligation to comment, especially in an ongoing way. like the kind of person who will say "bless you" after the first sneeze (that's fine of course), but then when the second sneeze comes will say "bless you," the emphasis helpfully indicating that this was not your first sneeze, and you can just tell that there will be several more sneezes each followed by an increasingly urgent emphasis of the word "bless" by your friend and there is not a thing you can do about it.

ty nesamdoom!

biosterous

lil new mustache hairs that don't have the will to actually stick around and love to end up in my mouth when they fall out of my face

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

xcheopis

Hiccups.

fps_nug

horsing around no longer

Prof. Crocodile posted:

apparently it forms carbonic acid when left still for too long! I've wondered about that too

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Seemingly random, often fleeting muscle impingements in my right shoulder. What is it from? Am I dying? Why is this hap-oh it's gone.

*proceeds to forget*

Two days later: ow gently caress, what the he-it's gone.

cruft

fps_nug posted:

apparently it forms carbonic acid when left still for too long! I've wondered about that too

I just want to point out that I mentioned this well-known generally but only recently-learned personally fact slightly before you did and therefore I should get more Internet points.

fps_nug

horsing around no longer

cruft posted:

I just want to point out that I mentioned this well-known generally but only recently-learned personally fact slightly before you did and therefore I should get more Internet points.

oops! I was looking to see if anyone said it before me and missed your post. sorry!

cruft

fps_nug posted:

oops! I was looking to see if anyone said it before me and missed your post. sorry!

As long as I get more Internet points, we're all good.

If we get the same points, though, then we are throwing down.

cruft

Let it be known henceforth that only I am allowed to tell people on the Internet about carbonic acid.

When I got my new glasses, they caused a blister on my nose. I guess it's a callous now. I've never had nose pads before.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Current struggle: trying to remove glue from fingat

Current status: dammit there's still more glue

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
How do I begin?
Or better yet, how did I begin?
How do we all begin?
If I began with a word it would not be correct. I am not a derivative of a word. I am not an assembly of letters spoken out of another’s mouth. A fricative heaved over the interdental dam of creation. Carried away to a world unknown are each of these utterances, made with each breath. Maybe I began as breath. Breath breathed into a void that would not be lacking if it were not for the absence of what it had been waiting all this time for. A partnership instantaneously adjoined as they birth each other. One, the black, emptiness humming with endless unknowns and the other a flow of life, nubile and eager to touch
hands with that void. Always curious, slightly afraid, forever dancing an endless dervish of expansion toward an unknown and unknowable future. A future that must return from where it began when the flow ceases to emerge. A rewinding of experience near the final moments as if to bundle up and stow
away the journey as a journal while making room for the next expedition to commence, bounded forward on the tales of prior travels. I am breath. This breath was breathed into existence for its duration to fuel those that need the nourishing of life as it comes in the moments between breaths.

Alright.
I’ve begun with a breath. Which is by all accounts a good thing to have happen in your life. The breathing part, very crucial. In fact so crucial I do it every time I speak. Those words cannot happen without breath first. It’s quite the chore. So much so, that I feel it should be regulated by someone.
Maybe I’ll take it up.

xcheopis

KaBob posted:

How do I begin?
Or better yet, how did I begin?
How do we all begin?
If I began with a word it would not be correct. I am not a derivative of a word. I am not an assembly of letters spoken out of another’s mouth. A fricative heaved over the interdental dam of creation. Carried away to a world unknown are each of these utterances, made with each breath. Maybe I began as breath. Breath breathed into a void that would not be lacking if it were not for the absence of what it had been waiting all this time for. A partnership instantaneously adjoined as they birth each other. One, the black, emptiness humming with endless unknowns and the other a flow of life, nubile and eager to touch
hands with that void. Always curious, slightly afraid, forever dancing an endless dervish of expansion toward an unknown and unknowable future. A future that must return from where it began when the flow ceases to emerge. A rewinding of experience near the final moments as if to bundle up and stow
away the journey as a journal while making room for the next expedition to commence, bounded forward on the tales of prior travels. I am breath. This breath was breathed into existence for its duration to fuel those that need the nourishing of life as it comes in the moments between breaths.

Alright.
I’ve begun with a breath. Which is by all accounts a good thing to have happen in your life. The breathing part, very crucial. In fact so crucial I do it every time I speak. Those words cannot happen without breath first. It’s quite the chore. So much so, that I feel it should be regulated by someone.
Maybe I’ll take it up.

Such inspiration!

Chili

college kids ain't shit

What drives me mad is the belt ranking system in American "judo". Like does anyone know what's actually supposed to go on your karategi? It's White/Yellow/Blue/Green etc. And what's with the stripe poo poo?

xcheopis

Chili posted:

What drives me mad is the belt ranking system in American "judo". Like does anyone know what's actually supposed to go on your karategi? It's White/Yellow/Blue/Green etc. And what's with the stripe poo poo?

I (briefly) did Kuk Sool and had a white belt and was then upgraded to a yellow-stripe to show that I was no longer a rank newbie but also hadn't yet passed to officially yellow. I think the belt stuff is a bit silly but, eh. Whatchagonnado.

xcheopis

Mormon Nailer posted:

Current struggle: trying to remove glue from fingat

Current status: dammit there's still more glue

That one tiny bit of tape that tears away from the main roll, forcing you to both pick at the main one with your fingernails to get it "right" again and also managing to stick to you until you scrub it off with industrial soap because nothing else seems to budge that one. tiny. piece.
The tape itself doesn't stick well to more appropriate objects, of course.

xcheopis

cruft posted:

As long as I get more Internet points, we're all good.

If we get the same points, though, then we are throwing down.

No, no, you get the points.

Finger Prince

the whole anectodal, probably completely made up bullshit story I remember hearing about the belt system was based on the idea that, in the days of yore, you never washed your belt. So, as you gained experience, your belt got progressively dirtier, from white, to yellowish, to orangeish, to brown, and finally to black. The idea being, that if you ever saw someone with a black belt, you knew to give them a wide berth, because that was a person who has not washed in years.

cruft

Finger Prince posted:

the whole anectodal, probably completely made up bullshit story I remember hearing about the belt system was based on the idea that, in the days of yore, you never washed your belt. So, as you gained experience, your belt got progressively dirtier, from white, to yellowish, to orangeish, to brown, and finally to black. The idea being, that if you ever saw someone with a black belt, you knew to give them a wide berth, because that was a person who has not washed in years.

I heard that too, and then I later heard it was BS, and the belt system was invented in America and retconned.

cruft

xcheopis posted:

No, no, you get the points.

I hope fps_nug didn't think I was serious, and keeps posting.

You can have my Internet points if you want them, fps_nug. I was just foolin'.

xcheopis

Finger Prince posted:

lol, no.

Ranked belts started in Japan because: hierarchy!

Finger Prince

xcheopis posted:

lol, no.

Ranked belts started in Japan because: hierarchy!

I did aikido which is greatly simplified. White belt, black belt (and cool skirt). That's it.

xcheopis

Finger Prince posted:

I did aikido which is greatly simplified. White belt, black belt (and cool skirt). That's it.

Much better, yes.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Finger Prince posted:

gently caress yes same.

xcheopis

My hair will not braid.
Will.
Not.

I've tried everything I know to get the loving pile of ASSHOLERY to gently twist into a comfortable shape, but, no. It's all floaty hairs that also cling to everything but each other, weird areas of tangling (I just loving brushed you, you gently caress! KNOCK IT OFF), and a stubborn refusal to let me know something has gone wrong from the start until I think I've finished and GODDAMN I HAVE TO TRY AGAIN but this loving HAIR suddenly decides it's happy where it is and won't come unbraided without a running firefight with the brush.

I'm getting it shaved off. That'll show it. Serves it right. I WILL SET YOU ALIGHT AND DANCE AROUND YOUR PYRE SINGING SONGS OF JOY AND VICTORY.

bad guy

there was this old guy staying with me and he had these blue eyes, drove me really crazy but that's not a problem anymore. now i have this heart pulsing under my floorboards. kinda annoying tbh, i could see it driving me mad if these dang detectives don't leave soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

bad guy posted:

there was this old guy staying with me and he had these blue eyes, drove me really crazy but that's not a problem anymore. now i have this heart pulsing under my floorboards. kinda annoying tbh, i could see it driving me mad if these dang detectives don't leave soon.

Just tell Mulder the old guy was an alien imposter and no matter how much Scully argues basic human anatomy, you're fine.