Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Thanks to the nearness of a organic bullshit expensive market to my local bar I find myself with a one pound (1 lb) box on ground New Zealand venison in my freezer. Now all I need to do is figure out what the gently caress to do with it so I thought I'd risk the wrath of GWS to ask for recipes. Be forewarned though, I'm neither a blacksmith nor is my wife a fat furry. In fact I'm not even married.

Not being a very good cook, I'm thinking chili of some description, or even just thawing it and using up some of the Zatarain's boxes in my cupboard despite preferring andouille for the latter. So... what do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
You should be able to use almost every recipe that uses ground beef.

If you are looking for a recipe that wants ground veal specifically, there are these german meatballs:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%B6nigsberger_Klopse

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Do you know the lean to fat ratio of what you got? That may help us give you suggestions.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Shooting Blanks posted:

Do you know the lean to fat ratio of what you got? That may help us give you suggestions.

The box doesn't say.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day
Chili or sausage patties are easiest. Venison chili is the same as beef chili, but with venison. Sausage patties, well, you get the picture. Cook it the same as you would any other meat and see if you can sort out where it works better. Once you start lusting for deer meat, try persistence hunting.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Yeah, chili is usually my use for oversize wood rats. Venison's usually pretty lean, so if you go that route you may want to cut it with a bit of pork if you like a little more fat to carry flavors.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lucid Nonsense posted:

Chili or sausage patties are easiest. Venison chili is the same as beef chili, but with venison. Sausage patties, well, you get the picture. Cook it the same as you would any other meat and see if you can sort out where it works better. Once you start lusting for deer meat, try persistence hunting.

I'm in San Diego and there ain't no deer within hundreds of miles that I know of outside zoos and maybe parks.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm in San Diego and there ain't no deer within hundreds of miles that I know of outside zoos and maybe parks.

Just sneak in at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mix with some fatty ground pork, make burgers, cook them outdoors on a grill/bbq, wow your neighbours, win new friends, let everyone down at the next barbecue when you burn the sausages