Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
The circular wall setups are actually a mod which lets you draw in non-squares for walls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Oh wow, you actually managed to win that terraforming station battle, whenever I tried the game would freeze up and crash.

Also what's supposed to happen during that moon battle is the mechanoids are supposed to send a raiding party to your ship, and for that moon base attack, I just built mortars and a wall of turrets, and just mortared everything and let the turrets kill everything when the mechanoids came to see what was shooting at them.

Also your archoiotech spore gets some crazy mind abilities with royalty, when you meditate or sacrifice prisoners to it the spore gets some power, and it can spend power to give pawns psilink power up, or it can do more *crazy* things, like driving a pawn or mechanoid anywhere (this includes other maps) you can see berserk for a small amount of power, or you can stun them.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jul 16, 2021

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

SugarAddict posted:

Oh wow, you actually managed to win that terraforming station battle, whenever I tried the game would freeze up and crash.

Also what's supposed to happen during that moon battle is the mechanoids are supposed to send a raiding party to your ship, and for that moon base attack, I just built mortars and a wall of turrets, and just mortared everything and let the turrets kill everything when the mechanoids came to see what was shooting at them.

Also your archoiotech spore gets some crazy mind abilities with royalty, when you meditate or sacrifice prisoners to it the spore gets some power, and it can spend power to give pawns psilink power up, or it can do more *crazy* things, like driving a pawn or mechanoid anywhere (this includes other maps) you can see berserk for a small amount of power, or you can stun them.

I just cheesed the moonbase using an SRTS bombing run to destroy the pillar; but again it's a big tossup whether that's even an option unless you use mods to make a planet without oceans and allow visiting "impassable" mountain tiles so that the SRTS launch doesn't error out due to impassable terrain at the ground-maptile-placeholder, which is what blocks traveling to the fake-coordinates for most space destinations. That was a fun mod interaction to disentangle.

And if I remember correctly the difference between "hacking" and airlock and "breaching" it is that hacking can fail while breaching always succeeds but heavily damages the door.

Also yeah if you've got the Royalty expansion basically just make everyone worship your Dumb Internet Meme Spacegod and you can get maximum psychic bullshit right away without waiting years for quests to pop up.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
At least I can teleport behind my enemies now and tell 'em it's nothing personnel, kid.
:v:

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Leal posted:

So because one of the prisoners didn't actually get an attack off before being downed they are considered "innocent". Pft. PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFTTTTTTT

Not an orderly execution?! It’s called a RITUAL human sacrifice for a reason people; choirs chanting ominous unholy verses and properly placed blood troughs take organization, drat it!

quote:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! Droids can do that?!

Wait, can droids even sit in chairs? How would my namesake even figure out how to make a masterwork of something he doesn’t know how to use? Unless it’s some sort of Spanish Inquisition Comfy Chair for interrogation.

quote:

So, since the map is on the planet and its technically a map... even if it is underground... I mean, there is no way right?

Lol. My brain is imagining the ship just diving straight through the ground and I loving love it.

*Insert Dynamic Entry meme here*

quote:

Next an archomutt and oh my god that is the ugliest loving thing ever god drat.

It belongs on this ship

D'aaaaw look at this fawken ugly thing :3:

The cat also has a nuzzle rate of 2 hours, when nuzzled a pawn will get a mood boost. Regular cats have one of 12 hours. Some animals have something silly like weeks between nuzzling.

So the ancients used the power of godlike technology to make the ultimate pupper and kitty? Can’t fault their priorities at least.

quote:

.... And then more mechs started pouring out. I need a minute.

You sure you can’t just nuke it from orbit and get the spore to hand you another set of plans instead?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

With the headpiece I thought you were doing a Twilight Princess cosplay at first.

Leal posted:

And yeah, the cats now give a passive boost when around colonists. Good thing this isn't a colony of catgirls, cause catgirls owning cats would be weird *hides Terry the 3rd*

Terry would be weird except Terry is a wonderful animal who puts smiles on everyone's faces :colbert:

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Can we get a current kill count for all the combat-oriented animals, starting with yours truly? I wanna know how many people my abomination of machine, science, and nature has murdered.

Also, I AM THE BEST PUPPER!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

HereticMIND posted:

Can we get a current kill count for all the combat-oriented animals, starting with yours truly? I wanna know how many people my abomination of machine, science, and nature has murdered.

Also, I AM THE BEST PUPPER!

Well uh... this is gonna be awkward

Lynneth posted:

At least I can teleport behind my enemies now and tell 'em it's nothing personnel, kid.

Honestly these mobility classes are a lot of fun to play around with, much more active than vanilla. This and rounding circles on mounted war wolves.

MadDogMike posted:

Not an orderly execution?! It’s called a RITUAL human sacrifice for a reason people; choirs chanting ominous unholy verses and properly placed blood troughs take organization, drat it!

I'm really looking forward to Ideology where I'm sure sacrifices will be a thing. I thought what I would do for another Rimworld LP and I really was thinking about using the c'thulhu mod.

bbcisdabomb posted:

With the headpiece I thought you were doing a Twilight Princess cosplay at first.

That is the pistol, but now I can't unsee it as Midna's crown thingy

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The Foxgirl Paradise

Oh neat, we can get resurrection serums as gifts. I grab that one.

One of the research options we get is to make antigrain warheads. I am drowning in steel, advance components and exotic particles so I make a few of these...

It is time for me to make peace with mortars. Here in the end we see eye to eye.

A few shots went off target and blew up a few of the circular buildings. The smaller ones that are surrounded by turrets have vanometric power cells in them, the bigger ones have some random stuff in them.

Got some turrets on the southern side...

And a really amazing shot on the northeastern part of the center building, besides taking out the turrets there it also damages the power cables so the other turrets get shut down.

Of course as I bomb them more and more mechs come out of the building.

They keep coming

But I'm slowly working my way closer to the building. Honestly this part itself isn't that bad and was kinda fun. The issue was the sheer volume of turrets that can one shot pawns in the heaviest of armor. Cut that poo poo down by 75% and this wouldn't have been such a drag.

Also something funny: Those 3 centipedes up top with the inferno cannons are pretty useless since we're out in a space vacuum and the fire near instantly extinguishes itself.

Don't think I've shown off what Kelly's Seraph looks like.

Eventually I make a break for the center building and head inside.

And as soon as I do that a bunch of scythers started running out.

Retreat!

While everyone is getting patched up I look around the buildings I can see inside of. This one has a handful of deep drills and gold in them.

Another has a bunch of machining tables and components. While trying to get my pawns to leave a rather annoying thing is that if they have any needs they need to take care of, say eating, they will prioritize it over getting in the drat shuttle. I forbid the food one of the pawns was trying to eat so they attempted to path to another one of these circular buildings to eat raw human meat :gonk:

It would've been neat to look around but again, 80 loving turrets at all angles.

I built a pool at Vegas and pawns skinny dip. I guess the other option would be that they swim in their clothes so eh.

Some research unlocks some options for the spore to inflict psychic stuff on people and make soothes happen on command. This costs psychic energy that the spore builds up over time, faster with the pillars. Let's try out that insanity one...

Huh, well I guess archotechs ARE just robots that get so smart that they get psychic abilities so I guess they can affect robots. Wish I knew about this at the start of this attack.

I get everyone back on over and head on inside.

The building has these circular hallways with doors positioned around to require us to run all the way around. I mean, I guess I can destroy the walls.

And my god there was a lot of loving scythers hanging around here.

Finally reached the center where the pillar is at. There is also a bridge just off screen so I could just launch it up in space.

Finally, all 4 pillars are up here. Ya know that was the beta pillar, what would be the second one if you were to go alpha > beta > delta > gamma. And it was the most pain in the rear end one.

:mad:

The "Whats for sale" mod has a button where you can search for an item and see where its being sold (and it absolutely lags the poo poo out of the game while using it) and alright, what loving mod put this word in the name generator?

Now if you remember all the way back when we blew up that one AI and we got coordinates for a manifold? It doesn't show up on the quest list, again you have to manually look for it on the world.

In regular Rimworld you simply build the ship in your colony and prep the engines which takes 15 days to fire up. During those 15 days you get swarmed with raids from people that want your ship and mechoids that go crazy over the power being generated. With SOS2 you kinda do the same thing but its not at your colony.

Until you hit the button nothing happens which gives you time to build up your defenses. After the moon base stuff... forgive me for not really wanting to go through the motions of that. I simply activate it with no one there.

See... the raids are still being based on colony wealth and stuff. And nothing is here. So the raids aren't all that impressive.

And then I just send the Butthole Surfers down with a crew and blast them all.

There is something satisfying about them rushing out and just murdering the raiders near instantly.

Wait, what?

A bunch of manhunting squirrels?! Where did you even find these?!

Since that central room is where the robot's charging stations are at they get into a fight with the different bots. Cleaning bot aint taking no poo poo.

And one of the haulbots straight up tore one of the squirrel's tails off which is pretty metal.

Oh so you play your prank and give a little gift eh?

3 scythers showed up at the manifold area.

I sent them all berserk with the psychic ship for fun.

Oh god the archotech is self aware!

I captured a few raiders going after the manifold and sacrificed them to the spore. A justified execution is a mere -1 mood for a week.

It is fun in a twisted way seeing my colonists come bursting out of the shuttle and moving at super speeds. Lynneth in particular, with that archotech leg I grabbed at Sexbot's Encampment, is moving at 20 c/s now.

A raider threw one of... these.

The hell, was that a naruto paper bomb?

During another attack a hostile faceless possessed Manu... and right when that happened all the raiders started to flee, so Manu started running to the edge of the map. I don't know if she would have ran off and I would've lost her so I had Lynneth run up and punch her... which caused all the other colonists to shoot at Manu as well.

In short, Manu almost died.

After 15 days... long days too. At this point trying to speed up the gameplay has the game go from 60 fps to below 20 so I pretty much had to sit at default speed. Just need to send someone down to deconstruct it.

This is what it looks like BTW.

A final look over Las Vegas 2. 4 advance geothermals, 4 advance watermills, 4 tidal generators all to power the recycle factory.

Lastation, still looking like a hot mess.

Everyone up in the station. Disregard the names clipping over people's faces, I dunno how to turn that off.

Everyone in Vegas

Don't forget Mojangles who diligently carried the burdens of the colony.

Every pawn and creature has a records menu that keeps track of all kinds of statistics. And wow, 9.9 years, almost 10 full years. I'll list a few tops:

Kills: Lina killed the most at 259 kills. Kelly has the least with 7. MadDogMike the third has the most droid kills at 21. Dervinosdoom has the most wardroid kills at 203. Deadliest animal is Veloxyll with a whopping 5 kills :v:

Shots fired: bios with a whopping 14,440 shots fired

Headshots: SugarAddict with 90 headshots.

Damage done: Manu absolutely dominated at 376,486 damage done. Double the second place of, all people, Jelly with 152,707

Damage taken: Dervinosdoom took 1,454 damage in his 7.4 years of life

Biggest eater: Sky with 1012 nutrition

Most deaths: Toaster with 5 6 generations. Hitomi was the only colonist to die. HereticMIND and Terry tie for the most animal deaths at 3

I have something to admit: I never actually beat Rimworld before, despite having over a thousand hours in it. And I'm still not beating it the intended way, cause SOS2 has its own option.

We will ascend into becoming archotechs.

Those who were with us will be allowed to live their own life if they choose.

Our enemies will be required to join us.

Please click here and have it playing as you scroll down

Leal fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jul 18, 2021

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Leal posted:

Kills: Lina killed the most at 259 kills. Kelly has the least with 7. MadDogMike the third has the most droid kills at 21.

:black101:

quote:

We will ascend into becoming archotechs.

This mean we will add ultimate foxes to the super-tech dog and cat options?

quote:

Boy, can't help noticing almost all our enemies are stupid enough to defy the godlike beings, with just one thinking "gee, maybe we SHOULDN'T take on the nigh omnipotent foxgirls".

quote:

:neckbeard:

Awesome playthrough! Hope you enjoy having it as your first finished one!

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Dang, my droids died a lot. And yet, they continue on. That's the thing about droids.

This is the first completed Rimworld game I've seen on here, so congrats on that.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Congratulations on the win.

(insert evagelion ending here with everyone clapping)

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Congratulations on the win and on an LP well done!

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Alas, those recycling robots will never join us in our new paradise. Perhaps we will carve mountain ranges in thier image with our new godlike power as tribute.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

MadDogMike posted:

This mean we will add ultimate foxes to the super-tech dog and cat options?

I actually thought the animal redesign stuff was gonna be a way to effect already made animals, like maybe that paste stuff would've added a shield to our normal animals.

MadDogMike posted:

Boy, can't help noticing almost all our enemies are stupid enough to defy the godlike beings, with just one thinking "gee, maybe we SHOULDN'T take on the nigh omnipotent foxgirls".

Whats kinda weird is that a lot of the names here in the "your enemies" section are people we were allied with, dunno whats up with that. People who hostilely rejected our offer?

Tombot posted:

Alas, those recycling robots will never join us in our new paradise. Perhaps we will carve mountain ranges in thier image with our new godlike power as tribute.

This post made me realize that the top part of the colonists list doesn't show their job title and the in memoriam section does show it, but doesn't include their regular name.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
And hey looks like I finished just in time too...

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/294100/view/5512953038615552889

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
A few versions ago, the last time I played really, I recruited a Bloodlusting Teenage Android with Force abilities, and through a bunch of bullshit mods, she was going like 17.5 t/s before the update, and an incompetent attempt at trying to see her final form through dev mode put her at over 35 move speed by the time I would have finished auging her.

Now that was a pawn with Zoom

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I only lurked so far, but this was definitely an enjoyable LP. Foxgirls ruining, and in the end then massively improving, everyone's life was cool to see. I'm not that much into the combat part of Rimworld, I like the colony building much more, but it was nice to see what mods can do to enable you to build a space station and so on.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I fell behind reading the updates and only caught up tonight. That was a hell of a run. Fantastic job!

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Congratulations! That was a fun run to read!

By the way, the mimic ability is hilariously, completely, and utterly busted if you use it to steal accelerate time from a chronomancer. With only a stamina cost, you can pretty much force any and all plants to grow extremely quickly, ensuring virtually infinite devilstrand, magicite, food, etc. It's also pretty strong on the offense (you can kill thrumbos with it and it doesn't even count as a hostile action) and as a buff, so you really don't need to swap it out either.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

That was actually a fun ride!

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
That was a fun ride. And I went zooming forever more.

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
I got to live the quiet foxgirl life, with way too many vibrators machines and doggos wolves by my side, and the occasional other animal.

Oh, and Keanu was there too I guess.:v: Probably pestering me to actually go out and attend a party with the other colonists for once.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
BECOME AS GODS!

That was an enjoyable read. I'll never really get into Save our Ship 2's stuff, but its nice to see a view of how it works.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Pretty sure you just created a threat some poor FPS protagonist is going to have to deal with.

Thanks for showing off a game I'll never have the patience to play myself.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Leal posted:

Behold, more machine than wolf!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RlSgnpLbro

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Yeeeeeessssssss

This PLEASES me!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Leal posted:

Shots fired: bios with a whopping 14,440 shots fired

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
Congrats on completing the LP!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Thanks everyone, I was fully expecting to get laughed off at the start. And jeeze, a month and a half. How the hell can I manage that for a game that I'm sure was 200 hours of playtime but I take 2 years for a 20 hour rpg? This LP was mostly so I could like actually contribute LPs while I'm in a funk that makes me not want to do video LPs cause my job was getting unbearable but hey, after today that wont be an issue anymore.

Now Ideology dropped and well

Its looking good. I may start up a new thread with a new batch of mods and try something different from a chromed up, science based colony. Maybe medieval cultists.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Now that'd be a thread to watch. The magic of Rimworld extending even to doped up medieval cults.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Do link that in here please, I don't want to miss it (and getting another chance at going fast)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3982334&pagenumber=1#post518559435