Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SG Bamboo posted:

The show was loving sick but the biggest part of it was definitely Miyu Yamashita, she should be on the next cover

Agreed, but also:

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I assume if any of the photographers managed a half decent shot of Mutoh doing the moonsault, it'll be that tbh

Yeah it'll probably be that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shingo telling Ospreay to use him having the title now as motivation to come back.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

They cleared the crowd out fast. It takes loving forever in Tokyo.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

They cleared the crowd out fast. It takes loving forever in Tokyo.

Any info on tickets sold? What are the current restrictions?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Turns out that pro wrestling is good, who could have thought it?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

a cyborg mug posted:

Any info on tickets sold? What are the current restrictions?

3045 out of a maximum 5000

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

3045 out of a maximum 5000

That’s really bad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

Turns out that pro wrestling is good, who could have thought it?

Man between CyberFight and Dominion, this was a great loving weekend for Puro.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Rocky you can go to bed" :lol:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

a cyborg mug posted:

That’s really bad

It's a Monday night in a state of emergency, I wouldn't read too much into it.

(that won't stop me from pushing the Mutoh agenda)

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Man, that main event's still got me all jazzed. Say what you want about New Japan and the booking flaws and poo poo, but there's absolutely nobody on the planet that does a big fight match better.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cerebral Bore posted:

Man, that main event's still got me all jazzed. Say what you want about New Japan and the booking flaws and poo poo, but there's absolutely nobody on the planet that does a big fight match better.

That's it, I'm real down on New Japan right now and then I open my spreadsheet and 6 of my top 10 matches of the year have been from Nooj. Probably 7 now. It's strange.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Well, we're back to a point where I like all four of the big champions in the four Japanese companies I follow closely. Cool stuff.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hey guys, remember when Shingo Takagi won the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship? Good loving times, man those were the days :hellyeah:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

Hey guys, remember when Shingo Takagi won the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship? Good loving times, man those were the days :hellyeah:
Actually pumped the fist at my chair like a drat mark

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
NJPW has balls the size of watermelons

I hope this works, Takagi is a ludicrously talented guy.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Lid posted:

and Rocky Romero sounds like hes doing Directors Commentary at gunpoint

just started the show now. i read this comment right as rocky said "i don't wanna remember that" and it got a gigantic lol out of me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

Oh no, ELP stealing all of Rarity's gimmicks.

He's eating microwave burgers?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

He's eating microwave burgers?

I'm pretty sure that somewhere in the world ELP is scarfing down the greasiest microwave burg you can imagine.

naM sdrawkcaB
Feb 17, 2011

Top.
Lads.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The Cool.Zone

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HOLY poo poo SHINGO FUCKIN DID IT

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

I'm pretty sure that somewhere in the world ELP is scarfing down the greasiest microwave burg you can imagine.

This hurts :negative:

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

The IWGP world title remained in the background of the shot, only disappearing from view after Red Shoes registered the three, when the cameraman moved in such a way that the title “passed through” Shingo, the new champion.

How come every wrestling promotion can’t have camera work that good.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Rarity posted:

HOLY poo poo SHINGO FUCKIN DID IT

I just finished watching and holy poo poo yes! I was 100% sure Okada would win but they'd make me believe Shingo had a chance, but he had a chance after all!

I didn't jump out of my chair because there's a cat on my lap, but I came pretty close!

Bring on Ibushi and Cobb!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
EVIL popping in on the LIJ boys to celebrate them all having had IWGP title reigns while SANADA sits in the corner hoping someone remembers he exists :smith:

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

That meme of the guy standing in the corner except it’s SANADA going “they don’t know I’m incredibly handsome”

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
:neckbeard: I'm SO loving happy for Shingo. I've been following his career since his early DG days so I'm incredibly stoked for how far he's come, and I said a few months ago that this HAD to be his year. I don't know what things would've been like if Ospreay hadn't gotten injured, but I really hope this reign lasts a while. He's got some potential amazing title defenses lined up and I AM HERE FOR IT YOU GUYS.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

The Cameo posted:

That meme of the guy standing in the corner except it’s SANADA going “they don’t know I’m incredibly handsome”

Everyone looking weirdly at Sanada because he wasn't thinking and just said it out loud at full volume.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

The Chris Charlton "Fat Worm Blows A Sparky" joke was intended for an audience of one person and that one person is me.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Probably my favorite top to bottom show from New Japan this year. Also the feuds set up are also some of the more interesting New Japan has had all year too (Tekkers/LiJ, Ishimori/Despy, Shingo/Murder Ibushi). Company still has issues and needs to cut down on Korakuen shows but I'm more positive about the direction going forward after this show

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm glad Shingo won, but I'm...very very surprised at how the main thing I felt after that match was "That's it? :confused:"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I kinda get that, but I really liked the change from the usual finisher spam. They knew it wasn't the expected result so it was genuinely surprising.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The nearfall spam is what makes me feel like I didn't get shortchanged by the 15-20 minutes of set-up, though. :v:

If they were gonna go for the sudden finish I sorta wish they'd gone Jay/Okada WK13 with it and Shingo just loving nails him with the LotD out of nowhere after like 13 minutes.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

sticklefifer posted:

:neckbeard: I'm SO loving happy for Shingo. I've been following his career since his early DG days so I'm incredibly stoked for how far he's come, and I said a few months ago that this HAD to be his year. I don't know what things would've been like if Ospreay hadn't gotten injured, but I really hope this reign lasts a while. He's got some potential amazing title defenses lined up and I AM HERE FOR IT YOU GUYS.

Before and after the match there were a lot of nice tweets from Dragongate guys like this from K Ness

https://twitter.com/kness0416/status/1401880697342611456?s=19

He says it's the first time he's ever clapped in front of the TV.

Or DG ref with great picture choice.

https://twitter.com/Mr__Nakagawa/status/1401933751328800768?s=19

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

MJeff posted:

The nearfall spam is what makes me feel like I didn't get shortchanged by the 15-20 minutes of set-up, though. :v:

If they were gonna go for the sudden finish I sorta wish they'd gone Jay/Okada WK13 with it and Shingo just loving nails him with the LotD out of nowhere after like 13 minutes.

Shingo hitting the Stay Dream and an absolute motherfucker of a Sliding D to the side of the head was more than enough to make the pinfall feel deserved, I'm glad it didn't go on longer than that. It was a really good match layout. And I disagree with the second point wholeheartedly, this was really not the time to get weird with the main event. Look at the outpouring of positive reaction for just a great title match with no bullshit, the right participants, and a good outcome.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shingo fuckin rules

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Shingo is literally The Dragon, and The Dragon needs no finisher spam, he will just murder you with raw power :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

That was awesome. I realized this week that I’d seen Shingo at one of those old ROH shows so I'm double pleased.