Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Binary Badger posted:

it was bad if you were convinced that new hardware was gonna be announced

I don't know how anyone could call a WWDC keynote that announced async await in Swift bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Here’s hoping it’s like the big emoji release of iOS 10/WWDC 2016 where the lack of visible features actually meant under the hood stability improvements

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

buried at the bottom of the new features list

quote:

Delete completed reminders
Access quick options to easily delete your completed reminders.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
WWDC keynotes are approaching unwatchable levels of marketing department catchphrases and inappropriate levels of grinning. Platforms State of the Union otoh is more like the WWDCs back when they were distinct from MacWorld.

This year's was pretty rad, with actors/async await/structured concurrency in swift, and even a few signs of Apple just maybe taking gaming more seriously, like ray tracing in Metal, porting AAA games to high end Mac gpus, Metal support for variable refresh rates and a whole bunch of debugging tools, stream sharing with friends, and pushing controller support across the board (I had no idea you could use a PS4 controller to drive your iPad?!)

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

LanceHunter posted:

I don't know how anyone could call a WWDC keynote that announced async await in Swift bad.

if you're watching wwdc for developer things then the keynote is bad because it's 90% other stuff and if you're watching for ios announcements then you don't care about swift features

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lol at swift just now getting async await. finally catching up to javascript.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Stringent posted:

i just hope it's not going to be as expensive as i'm afraid it will be

it's going to be free and not work with enterprise apps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

r u ready to WALK posted:

beige macs or bust

flower power or bust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFkHhHlwLso