Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Bored posted:

Some dude let his kid eat a frito pie on the bus one night. I already was nauseous as hell from my daily migraine, then in comes loud man and loud child with stinky, salty food.

gently caress I hate being too poor to afford a car.

You should have punched that kid in the loving face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
McDonalds also is a great food to stink up a plane. Pretty much every airport has one.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
just lol if you have to purchase aftermarket smells like mcdonalds to stink up a plane

Brimstone Inquiry
Jan 21, 2007

Propaganda Machine posted:

It's not quite on the same level but I bought an ice cream sandwich at the middle school cafeteria one day and the class bully ate it when my back was turned.

gently caress you, Boomer.

I think we can all agree that food thieves, as the youths would say, 'hit different'. Also Boomer DOES need to get hosed.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Brimstone Inquiry posted:

Train-adjacent but I mean look, there is a non-zero chance of a person who isn't all there coming forth to snatch your food that you're holding and scarf it down because they've been on the streets forever and haven't had decent fare in god knows how long. And what can you possibly do to someone who does not give a poo poo about the consequences anymore? You just have to sit there and take the advice of the bus driver and let it go while they tell the guy to get off the bus.

Years later I understand why someone would do that, but man I still feel a bit raw about it; being a minor working at Publix means that sub was a decent chunk of wages. I didn't even open it, he just yoinked and tore into it. Should've put it in my backpack.

But yeah that can happpen :(

This has happened to me. In West Africa the local "fou" (crazy person) just reached over my shoulder and grabbed a huge crusty handful of rice and meat. Startling, but what can you do but laugh.

I have zero in the way of spite for that person. However, some guy drunkenly scarfing down hard tacos on friday afternoon can go screw.

Its especially bad when youve got an event that uses the trains more. You get the broken window effect. One person throws their beer can on the ground and before you know it the entire transit system looks like a post college tailgate disaster. Disgusting. Most of these folks only use the train but two or three times a year and have no idea of ownership or responsibility.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Szyznyk posted:

One tends to forget that public transportation in other countries isn’t primarily used by derelicts.

I refuse to believe this. Everybody on public transportation has been banned from Uber for their bizarre and unsanitary schizophrenic behavior, worldwide. Public transportation is for monsters. That is to say, I have a phobia of public transportation. You know they just let anyone on, right?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I refuse to believe this. Everybody on public transportation has been banned from Uber for their bizarre and unsanitary schizophrenic behavior, worldwide. Public transportation is for monsters. That is to say, I have a phobia of public transportation. You know they just let anyone on, right?

This is one of those rare LA-is-good things. The weather is nice enough that homeless derelicts don't generally take refuge on the train. There's the odd beggar, and it gets worse later at night, but that's it.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
If the most disgusting smell on your morning public transit commute is carribean-style chicken, I dare say you havent spent much time in any major American city

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

drk posted:

If the most disgusting smell on your morning public transit commute is carribean-style chicken, I dare say you havent spent much time in any major American city

"America: Proud of being poo poo since 1776"

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

I once got on a bus holding a bunch of nut mix loose in one hand as I paid the fare. It was like 5am so maybe the driver didn't give a poo poo enough to reprimand me, I was like one out of 4 passengers though

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Holding ur nuts in your hand as you pay the bus fare, classic

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

drk posted:

It may not be the most disgusting but I think the point is it's one of the more controllable. Like the homeless guy is gonna smell like cigarettes and BO and the lady with vagina issues during her period is gonna smell like fish but those are a little harder to control.

Mr. Bung
Mar 24, 2005

Get out the pink press threat file
and Um-brrrptzzap the subject.
Always carry a pack of Biltong wherever I (commute). Op. We could sit and chew it together.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ventral EggSac posted:

I once got on a bus holding a bunch of nut mix loose in one hand as I paid the fare. It was like 5am so maybe the driver didn't give a poo poo enough to reprimand me, I was like one out of 4 passengers though

drat, did you live?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Big Beef City posted:

drat, did you live?!

No, I choked on the nuts thhey were too big