Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

JordanKai posted:

New 52 Swamp Thing was really good and went on for about 50 issues. Couldn't quite hack it all the way to 52 issues, sadly.

Are you counting annuals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Why is today Batman day? Is it Bob Kane or Bill Finger's birthday or something?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Why is today Batman day? Is it Bob Kane or Bill Finger's birthday or something?

Anniversary of the release of The Mark of Zorro. :v:

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
It really doesn’t commemorate anything; DC just decided there should be a Batman Day. The first one was in July but then they set it as the third Saturday in September.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

JordanKai posted:

New 52 Swamp Thing was really good and went on for about 50 issues. Couldn't quite hack it all the way to 52 issues, sadly.

Is that the one where we got The Black as opposition to The Green and Abbie acting kinda Sarah Connor-in-T2-esque?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I've been reading the Moore Swamp Thing recently and I gotta say, the part where Abby get arrested for sodomy so Swamp Thing conquers Gotham kicks so much rear end.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Gripweed posted:

I've been reading the Moore Swamp Thing recently and I gotta say, the part where Abby get arrested for sodomy so Swamp Thing conquers Gotham kicks so much rear end.

That has such a goofy conclusion where Bats points out that Superman is an alien, so him and Lois is equally weird, but I agree, their love was very provocative and Moore's sexual politics were always way ahead of his time.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Dawgstar posted:

Is that the one where we got The Black as opposition to The Green and Abbie acting kinda Sarah Connor-in-T2-esque?
I think that was the one with The Rot and had gorgeous art nouveau-style adornments.

Then Animal Man and Swamp Thing crossed over for a while and then Future's End happened and I lost the thread.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

FilthyImp posted:

I think that was the one with The Rot and had gorgeous art nouveau-style adornments.

Then Animal Man and Swamp Thing crossed over for a while and then Future's End happened and I lost the thread.

The Charles Soule run that happened after the whole Rotworld event was excellent.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Is Maniac of New York over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i think it said in the back of the final issue that there would be a sequel next year?