Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
she won him over with a real classic pickup line:
Face it tiger you just hit the honeypot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

frankenfreak posted:

let's not go in that direction.

okey yes sir thank you for your time

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
I absolutely love Bellingcat. Independent crowd sourced citizen journalism. Not accepting any funding directly from national governments. Even if you agree to pretend that the NED isn't a part of the US government is a fun exercise to check out the organizations funding Bellingcat.

Always called normal things like "The Zinc Network" and definitely doing very normal stuff:

And as soon as you check where these places get their funding it's clear why Bellingcat are always careful to note that they don't accept funding DIRECTLY from national governments.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

every one of those organizations has a remarkably long Controversies section on Wikipedia, which is how you know they’re good

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Brown moses is a true rags to riches story that proves that you, too can go from being an underwear company IT guy to being a propaganda tool of western intelligence simply by googling real good

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

Brown moses is a true rags to riches story that proves that you, too can go from being an underwear company IT guy to being a propaganda tool of western intelligence simply by googling real good

I was going to make a joke about how Bellingcat can't be propaganda since it reports on the war in Yemen too and how the NYT and the Guardian will write about that any day now.

But then I saw how Bellingcat actually describes the war in Yemen...

loving hell.

And that led me to an article about how Human Rights Watch criticized the "coalition" for officially stating that the entire city of Saada was a military target. The HRW had a bunch of "recommendations" for Saudi Arabia and other Coalition Members.

But the experts at HRW also had recommendations for the Houthis:

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so horrific.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Hedenius posted:

I was going to make a joke about how Bellingcat can't be propaganda since it reports on the war in Yemen too and how the NYT and the Guardian will write about that any day now.

But then I saw how Bellingcat actually describes the war in Yemen...

loving hell.

jesus christ loving permaban brown moses

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

paul_soccer12 posted:

jesus christ loving permaban brown moses

lmao when they pitch nation building but it's by the US backed Wahhabi Saudi Arabia as a good thing....

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
famine? what famine

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Hedenius posted:

And as soon as you check where these places get their funding it's clear why Bellingcat are always careful to note that they don't accept funding DIRECTLY from national governments.

:thunk:

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Brown Moses more like brown noses up the rear end of the CIA

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

honestly you could red-circle every single logo here

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/1440264381938339844?s=20

"My boss made my job more difficult, which proves they aren't my boss"

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Sub-national government of the British empire.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

the top line is 5 different UK national government departments and the US department of state. and the ones to the left & right of the one you circled are also explicitly the australian government.

the rest are just implicitly government

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

lmao i was looking at CHIEF. and wondering what the gently caress it is

https://chief.com/

quote:

Chief is the only private membership network focused on connecting and supporting women executive leaders.

oh ok

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

love supporting girl-bosses by giving money to a fat white man

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Vomik posted:

love supporting girl-bosses by giving money to a fat white man

omg slaaaaaay

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Vomik posted:

oh ok

Maybe we can do that later, kiddo. Champ. Chief. Maybe we can talk about it later.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vomik posted:

oh ok

For profit robber baron capitalism but with women being the upper management!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1442542192011223049