Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Let's talk about Lee's.

Lee's is great.

Lee's is the South.

One time for a potluck at work I brought Lee's and great rejoicing was had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Fuckin hell, my hometown in WI used to have a Lee's as a kid and goddamn that was some goodass chicken. I remember there used to be some sort of decent family meal special on Wednesdays we would pick up.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Even in a drat promo pic the corn looks like it's been left under a heat lamp for 4 days. Stop over cooking your drat corn, Southerners. It shouldn't look like field corn when it's done, dang

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Why is the chicken so smooth in the second pic. Gimme that craggy batter.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
My Grandma & Papa loved Lee's but she lived in a rural area and the closest Lee's was about 30 minutes from their home. When they became unable to drive, we'd visit every couple of weekends and pick up Lee's. Grandma knew it wouldn't be hot and always made sure to have the oven ready to heat the chicken and biscuits up a bit and some pots warm to warm up the baked beans, mac n cheese, green beans or whatever was on the side.

That Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken is still there, the one in the city I lived in a frequented is not :(

Also, the only way to eat a biscuit from Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken is with honey from a packet.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Lee's is just down the road from me and it's real good. Get it spicy, and you definitely want 3 sides:

Mac n cheese
Greens
Green beans

Their mashed potatoes are real fuckin good too but like, why get that when there's macaroni and cheese?????

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

just had some lee's chicken today after visiting my mom

spicy three piece plus some livers to munch on later

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

is this different from the lee's fried chicken in richmond, VA that I thought only existed in richmond and also has sweet tea that is basically syrup?

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

it is apparently the same and I had no idea it was a chain. it's good

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!