Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

I have this drunken sailor here and I'm not sure what to do with them? Like, would it be better let them sleep it off, or maybe "les chevaux de chien" as they say, or something else like shaving their belly with a rusty razor?

I know BYOB has a lot of experience with being drunk, so I'm hoping somebody can help me out here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Put him in a long boat and set it on fire
e: I have received a complaint that fire is what I always say. Fine. Put him in a long boat and shake it all about.

I have a wonderful copy of UPenn Off The Beat doing Drunken Sailor.

xcheopis fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jun 25, 2021

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

google THIS

What time of day is it because that will heavily influence the answer

cruft

google THIS posted:

What time of day is it because that will heavily influence the answer

Well, when I found the sailor I had just woken up, so maybe about 05:45?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
all this time we thought he was eating spinach but he really just had crippling alcoholism

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
popeye sitting in the county jail cell after waking up with a massive hangover, vague memories of beating a man to death the night before

cruft

Luvcow posted:

popeye sitting in the county jail cell after waking up with a massive hangover, vague memories of beating a man to death the night before

Hmm, so maybe the rusty razor?

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Luvcow posted:

all this time we thought he was eating spinach but he really just had crippling alcoholism

lol

Areola Grande

Luvcow posted:

lmao

google THIS

cruft posted:

Well, when I found the sailor I had just woken up, so maybe about 05:45?

Hmm, I was afraid of that. First I would give him the old "way hay" and see if it induces an erection

cruft

google THIS posted:

Hmm, I was afraid of that. First I would give him the old "way hay" and see if it induces an erection

Okay, I did this and, to put it politely, "up she rises"

biosterous

Luvcow posted:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i’d keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn’t try to take the ship home. wouldn’t want him to hurt someone or end up with an SUI on his record :ohdear:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
For twelve years you've been asking "What do you do with a drunken sailor?" This is a drunken sailor speaking. I'm the man who's taken away your victims and thus destroyed your world. You've heard it said that this is an age of moral crisis and that Man's sins are destroying the world. But your chief virtue has been sacrifice, and you've demanded more sacrifices at every disaster. You've sacrificed justice to mercy and happiness to duty. So why should you be afraid of the world around you?
Your world is only the product of your sacrifices. While you were dragging the men who made your happiness possible to your sacrificial altars, I beat you to it. I reached them first and told them about the game you were playing and where it would take them. I explained the consequences of your 'brother-love' morality, which they had been too innocently generous to understand. You won't find them now, when you need them more than ever.
We're on strike against your creed of unearned rewards and unrewarded duties. If you want to know how I made them quit, I told them exactly what I'm telling you tonight. I taught them the morality of Reason -- that it was right to pursue one's own happiness as one's principal goal in life. I don't consider the pleasure of others my goal in life, nor do I consider my pleasure the goal of anyone else's life.
I am a trader. I earn what I get in trade for what I produce. I ask for nothing more or nothing less than what I earn. That is justice. I don't force anyone to trade with me; I only trade for mutual benefit. Force is the great evil that has no place in a rational world. One may never force another human to act against his/her judgment. If you deny a man's right to Reason, you must also deny your right to your own judgment. Yet you have allowed your world to be run by means of force, by men who claim that fear and joy are equal incentives, but that fear and force are more practical.
You've allowed such men to occupy positions of power in your world by preaching that all men are evil from the moment they're born. When men believe this, they see nothing wrong in acting in any way they please. The name of this absurdity is 'original sin'. That's impossible. That which is outside the possibility of choice is also outside the province of morality. To call sin that which is outside man's choice is a mockery of justice. To say that men are born with a free will but with a tendency toward evil is ridiculous. If the tendency is one of choice, it doesn't come at birth. If it is not a tendency of choice, then

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

cruft

TIL Ayn Rand was a drunken sailor.

Explains some things, honestly.

nut

more importantly, who tf is Earl High?

Mescal

Impossible to answer. Every drunken sailor is a unique drunken sailor

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Put em in the scupper with a hosepipe on em

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

cruft

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Put em in the scupper with a hosepipe on em

This would go perfectly in the shanty

Stoner Sloth

nut posted:

more importantly, who tf is Earl High?

Earl High is slightly more high than Marquess High and Lord High but still less than Duke High

gleebster

Only a howler
Well, if he's not dangerously drunk, maybe a little prank, like putting him in bed with the Captain's daughter. Or maybe not. She's a mean one.

Chrs

I dunno that’s the only bit of the song anyone knows

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I dunno op it would seem that the question is rhetorical and can only be answered with serious introspection and so I suggest you get on it

biosterous

drunken sailor at night, captain's delight
drunken sailor at morning, captain take warning

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Finger Prince

That song was one of my lullabies when I was a little kid.

cruft

Finger Prince posted:

That song was one of my lullabies when I was a little kid.

I think it works pretty well as a lullaby...

https://youtu.be/2k0zMJA2h9A

Escape From Noise

biosterous posted:

drunken sailor at night, captain's delight
drunken sailor at morning, captain take warning

Escape From Noise

The sailor is drunk on rum, but the captain is drunk on power. Also rum.

Areola Grande

drink with him and get on his level op. simple rlly

Uria aalge

Chi-la-la-la-lax
I mean
is a blankie a nice-sitdown and a cuppa totally out of the question?

Thank you for the winter sig, Heather Papps!

Thanks for the summer sig, ChubbyChecker!

"Nobody owns life, but everyone who can pick up a frying pan owns death" - Kurt Cobain

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Frankly you don't let him get behind the wheel of a ship. Friends don't let friends sail drunk.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

cruft posted:

TIL Ayn Rand was a drunken sailor.

Explains some things, honestly.

can't be, drunk sailors are famously generous

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

you’d think he’d have sobered up by now

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Make him drink flat beer that's warm and skunky
Make him drink flat beer that's warm and skunky
Drink flat beer that's warm and skunky
Earl-eye in the morning!

Oh, poo poo he's got a musket!
Run like hell he's got a musket!
Get out of my way he's got a musket
And I run faster than ye

Maybe pay him off with a share of your rum
Maybe pay him off with a share of your rum
You can try to pay him off with a share of your rum
So he doesn't shoot you.

Aw, hell he shot the bosun,
He's loading it up again this poo poo ain't no fun
Why the gently caress didn't you say he had a drat gun?
Earl-eye in the morning!

It's too loving early for this poo poo, I'm going back to bed...

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

What can't you do with a drunken sailor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

What can't you do with a drunken sailor?

let us count the ways