Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Sydal vs Martin 5 4.55%
Bunny vs Statlander 8 7.27%
Ego vs Bear 2 1.82%
Hangman vs Powerhouse 10 9.09%
Omega vs Boy 85 77.27%
Total: 110 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

According to PWInsider, Sonjay Dutt has signed onto AEW as a producer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ganso Bomb posted:

We were talking about seaweed at work earlier and now I think I might order poke for dinner tonight. What else is everyone else eating for the exciting return to Wednesday night?

I'm about to leave to go get pad thai and crab rangoons

light the fuse, three two one

:siren:thai food:siren:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

According to PWInsider, Sonjay Dutt has signed onto AEW as a producer.

great another wwe reject

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

WWE's production is their worst aspect, no idea why you'd hire that guy.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he isn't a tv producer but a match one. like the music producers who actually do something. maybe that's what you are saying. well, i don't know why they done this then. but sonjay was pretty versatile as a wrestly roo (i am an ozzie. just kidding)

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

Awh, how close does this put his birthday to his daughters?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Wasn't the story that Dutt quit/asked for his release, instead of being let go? If so, then maybe he was sick of the backstage of the WWE shows.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Davros1 posted:

Wasn't the story that Dutt quit/asked for his release, instead of being let go? If so, then maybe he was sick of the backstage of the WWE shows.

Having just googled him because I didn't recognize the name, that is the story (according to Fightful so probably true). He could also have noticed the large number of people getting sacked and decided to jump before he was pushed.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I see. I'm totally unfamiliar with his in ring career unfortunately. Him asking for his release does imply he wasn't enjoying his time at WWE and was looking for new jobs for sure.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

I see. I'm totally unfamiliar with his in ring career unfortunately. Him asking for his release does imply he wasn't enjoying his time at WWE and was looking for new jobs for sure.

He was an X-Division guy in TNA.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
He was the guy Kevin Nash always made fun of for being on steroids during the PCS.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
feel like they're probably gonna feed Sydal to Miro, but i'd actually love to see him vs Kenny in a 20 minute banger

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

smarxist posted:

feel like they're probably gonna feed Sydal to Miro, but i'd actually love to see him vs Kenny in a 20 minute banger

* Andrade.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dutt was a solid wrestler and his thing in TNA for a long time was "best wrestler in the X Division to never win the title". Then towards the end of his run they did a tour of India and he won the belt there with a big fanfare. He was also working backstage at that point and I believe was involved creatively with Ring Ka King.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Eat My Fuc posted:

WWE's production is their worst aspect, no idea why you'd hire that guy.

Honest question as a non-WWE watcher: could a TV production person from there make AEW's any worse? These last episodes have been particularly lovely in terms of direction and editing.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

rantmo posted:

Honest question as a non-WWE watcher: could a TV production person from there make AEW's any worse? These last episodes have been particularly lovely in terms of direction and editing.

Oh buddy you have no idea.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dutt is gonna be a coach, not a producer

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Alaois posted:

Dutt is gonna be a coach, not a producer

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

rantmo posted:

From what I've seen WWE shows run smoother than AEW shows on a broadcast level in terms of like, transitioning between segments, having the right audio feeds, graphics work etc. The camerawork, on the other hand, is impossible to imagine existing on television

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

If anything AEW should be making GBS threads on WWE more. They are poo poo and run a, and I quote, "a sloppy shop"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
AEW Dynamite Thread (Feat. King Kong): https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3972184
Next Discussion Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3972209

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jul 1, 2021