Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I like some NPR and dislike other parts of NPR you could say it is a radio landscape of contrasts.
I don't.
But someone could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Drunk Nerds posted:

NPR plays jazz which is cool.

If you don't think jazz is cool you need to try smoking weed all day every day for 15 years then try again.

No atonal trash though. If you have inverted thirteenths go home.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

runnypoops posted:

Woody Allen, is a shithead child molester who should be shot in the loving face

His movies are alright tho

Is the movie that the child molester made about a middle aged guy dating a high school girl like it's totally normal one of the alright ones? He and Roman Polanski should be sharing a prison cell.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
one time facebook suggested a shirt to me that was a guy being abducted by aliens and it said, "get in loser. we're doing butt stuff" and i laughed. I understood the multiple references and laughed for multiple reasons. could you please run it by your friend so i know if it was okay or not?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

dick wizard posted:

one time facebook suggested a shirt to me that was a guy being abducted by aliens and it said, "get in loser. we're doing butt stuff" and i laughed. I understood the multiple references and laughed for multiple reasons. could you please run it by your friend so i know if it was okay or not?

haha drat I'm laughin just thinking about what that shirt could have looked like there's a lot running through my mind right now - a real 'laugh factory' if you will

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Spinz posted:

You know what else I absolutely cannot stand is NPR.
It's literally only there so that rich white people can feel better about themselves

Yes, I definitely prefer corporate filtered radio. Where you only get the news as they want you to hear it.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah wow the smartest amongst us are the ones who can go “I know what that is I know what that is!”. :downsbravo: Yes you savvy piece of poo poo rattle off another sorted list while we all chuckle ourselves to death, might as well pop out your brain with an ice cream scoop, it’s not doing you any good, just dead weight holding you back. :hmmyes:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Lol that op has completely discarded one of the social functions of humor and thinks it makes him smart.

Let me put this in a way you'll understand OP. Beep boop boop bleep.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

South Park did an entire season with this as a plot device. The references tickle the positive nostalgia part of the brain.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Flowers for QAnon posted:

South Park did an entire season with this as a plot device.

Oh good.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Spinz posted:

Yup

Thank you

Booooooooring

gently caress you!!!

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
The Heath Ledger Joker actually reminds me quite a bit of Jack Nicholson in The Shining, come to think of it.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
national lampoon christmas vacation

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I am sick of being tricked into laughing at things because of social pressure. From now on, I am going to ask my friend if something is funny first.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
brb going to sit and watch the big lebowski for 2 hours of stony unamused silence and be confirmed in my opinion that people only think its funny because of the memes.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Rat Race is a good movie.

People should reference in more.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

EVERY MORNING I OPEN PALM SLAM THE DVD INTO THE PLAYER. IT'S THE HIT 2002 MOVIE MASTER OF DISGUISE AND I START DOING ALL THE MOVES ALONG SIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, DANA CARVEY. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO IT HARD. MAKING TURTLE SOUNDS AS I SLAM DOWN SOME PHYSICAL COMEDY GAGS

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Big Beef City posted:

EVERY MORNING I OPEN PALM SLAM THE DVD INTO THE PLAYER. IT'S THE HIT 2002 MOVIE MASTER OF DISGUISE AND I START DOING ALL THE MOVES ALONG SIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, DANA CARVEY. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO IT HARD. MAKING TURTLE SOUNDS AS I SLAM DOWN SOME PHYSICAL COMEDY GAGS

lol

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
SA forums are an inversion of the real world. That is why OP's post is cool and good.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I am sick of being tricked into laughing at things because of social pressure. From now on, I am going to ask my friend if something is funny first.
:discourse:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Junk posted:

national lampoon christmas vacation

This is pretty high on the list. I know its a special Christmas movie for some people and that's fine, but this thing is touted as one of the most howl-inducing, knee-slappin' outings ever produced. I just don't see it.

I'd say the same for Animal House. A lot of Boomers saw it when it came out and have pushed it as the most hilarious film ever made. I actually had a friends mom buy me a copy on DVD before I went away for college.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off is also on notice.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

this site until 2009.
most of the front page.
lowtax entire career

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

also I think some people are misjudging comfy films for LAUGH RIOT comedies.

Ferris isn't super ultra funny, it's just cozy and has a fun narrative. Same with Christmas vacation.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Johnny Walker posted:

Could be the problem is comedy is kind of a one-time thing. You may find a movie hilarious, but once you've experienced that once, it may still be fun to watch and even good for a laugh or two when a joke that has slipped your mind comes along to surprise you, but it will never be as funny as that first viewing.

And comedy is often contextual and your mood and the environment you're in at the time does have an effect on the experience.

:lmao:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

tonights big plans are get high with my wife and watch i think you should leave

Asshole Rose
Dec 28, 2017
Im gay

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

the entire thread condensed to five letters, incredible

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Big Beef City posted:

And the voice of the turtle is heard in our land.

All you King James Bible enthusiasts are chuckling to yourselves, I just know it.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Family guy is basically nothing BUT those dumb references to other movies and shows now. I literally cannot wrap my head around people thing it's funny past maaaaybe the first couple of seasons before it was canceled the first time.

That poo poo is seriously loving dumb.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Family guy is basically nothing BUT those dumb references to other movies and shows now. I literally cannot wrap my head around people thing it's funny past maaaaybe the first couple of seasons before it was canceled the first time.

That poo poo is seriously loving dumb.

this reminds me of the time Brian said the n wiord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Every time NPR is on I feel like I'm getting lectured about the horrors of what's going on in the world, the history that caused it. and it's guilt by association.

Public media is an echo chamber just as bad as FOX but with a more pretentious vocabulary.

Gen X nostalgia is the worst because it never went away. Gen X should know that because they got force fed on how great the 60s were 24/7.