Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
death game or isekai?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Well, did not expect s2e2 of Tawawa to go that way.

was it on Tuesday

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it was actually about a fat rear end instead of big tits

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

FilthyImp posted:

Well, did not expect s2e2 of Tawawa to go that way.

Only cowards vaguepost

marumaru
May 20, 2013

wtf tawawa got an anime!?
e: IN 2016!?!?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Julias posted:

Only cowards vaguepost
My bad, I thought everyone was watching since it took up chat a bit.

Just surprised it was 4 years of Hot for Teacher ending with "hey it's midnight AFTER I graduated I'm not a student anymore so I can show up at your doorstep".

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

My bad, I thought everyone was watching since it took up chat a bit.

Just surprised it was 4 years of Hot for Teacher ending with "hey it's midnight AFTER I graduated I'm not a student anymore so I can show up at your doorstep".

I remember the author said in an afterword the concept for that character was "No limits"

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

KillHour posted:

To the surprise of nobody, Battle Game in 5 Seconds had a bad ending to go along with the bad everything else.

god, no kidding. What a lifeless show.

Alternatively, Vanitas was at least charming and looked great. Black Company was the only other show I followed this summer and I liked how pointed and weird it was. Bring on season 2 of scumbag Kamina and vampires.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Douki-chan is a thirsty girl.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Idaten has some pretty gross poo poo in it, why did I bother watching this whole season

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Idaten has some pretty gross poo poo in it, why did I bother watching this whole season

It's quite pretty and sounds great if nothing else. But yes it's a pretty gruesome and uncomfortable show.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's quite pretty and sounds great if nothing else. But yes it's a pretty gruesome and uncomfortable show.

I really could have done without the whole sex with the human looking demon kids and that characters ovaries getting pulled out

I don't mind gruesome combat. Like, I thought it was just gonna end up being gory dragonball. But ..yeah...

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The Fall Seasonal thread is 3/4ths done, and I will finish it up after work tomorrow night. Any last minute suggestions for a new thread title would be appreciated.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I liked Idaten. It reminded me of that 80ies nihilism you don't really see that often anymore.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

just lol if you watched more than one ep of idaten and then later decided it was too much

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lol every post that gets made about this show makes it sound worse

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Funimation posted:

What would the world be like if the first cosmonaut in human history was actually a vampire girl? 🤔🚀

Irina: The Vampire Cosmonaut premieres on Funimation October 3!

Find out more: https://weareani.me/md7dg8

I....what?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
i love vampire girls and this one is voiced by megumi hayashibara

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Sep 30, 2021

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the first new light novel anime premise in a decade, we did it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No Irina, the sun is always out up there!

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

genericnick posted:

I liked Idaten. It reminded me of that 80ies nihilism you don't really see that often anymore.

trying based on this recommendation

kater
Nov 16, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

It's a pretty sweet show, overall.

Less saccharine than HoriMiya.

I ended up watching this too and it was fun and sweet. Made me wish shows still ran for two cours cuz there was a lot of ‘this happened while you weren’t watching’ catchups as it skips tons of time.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The next Seasonal Thread is up. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3980725

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Waffleman_ posted:

No Irina, the sun is always out up there!

Impossible! It's always nighttime in space!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

As the season draws to a close, a few highlights for me:

- Bokutachi no Remake
An interesting take on the "go back in time and fix your mistakes" theme. Small downside is that the main character sometimes feels like an isekai protag he's so good at almost everything, but they handle that as well.

- Higurashi Sotsu
Not a fan. Still one episode to go but it's gonna have to really Subvert My Expectations for me to say SotsuGou wasn't a bit of a waste of time.

- Sonny Boy
Fantastic. Last episode incoming and it's the complete opposite of Sotsu: it has to be really bad to change my opinion on it. Beautiful art, direction and themes.

- Tsukimichi
Picked this one up a few days ago after all the praise. Binged it in two (week)days. Phenomenal. I'm not usually one to enjoy isekai, bar some rare exceptions (Re:Zero) but I couldn't take my eyes off the TV. I enjoyed pretty much all of it, especially the characters and the fights' direction. Stoked that it's been confirmed for a 2nd season.

- Idaten
Very good action anime, though the last few episodes didn't have the same impact for me as the rest of the show. Still recommend it. Oozes style, has some uh... questionable scenes. :japan:
Also the OP is really fuckin cool.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Sounds like I need to get around to watching Sonny Boy.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

rajdhani is the boy of the season

marumaru
May 20, 2013

dogsicle posted:

fax

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

dogsicle posted:

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Now that it's finally finished airing, Blue Reflection Ray is probably my favourite show of the year so far. It's messy, oddly-paced at points, and has barely any production values to speak of, but at the same time, it's a show that clearly has a lot of heart put into it, and it's a nice dive into how we handle trauma, the need for empathy and support in light of that, and what it takes to begin healing.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I liked whenever BRR tried to be funny because it frequently really nailed it (big points for defeating Uta with a loving frying pan) but the actual story was honestly complete nonsense / "feelings" word salad that did nothing for me and boy was it an ugly show.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

kater posted:

just lol if you watched more than one ep of idaten and then later decided it was too much

Where is it on a scale of MD Geist to Genocyber?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Where is it on a scale of MD Geist to Genocyber?

even as a series that prioritized its action/gore, its still a 2021 tv anime so i don't think it'll rate vs 90s ovas

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Keichii Ohata FTW. Haven't watched an anime by him with a bad soundtrack yet

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I liked whenever BRR tried to be funny because it frequently really nailed it (big points for defeating Uta with a loving frying pan) but the actual story was honestly complete nonsense / "feelings" word salad that did nothing for me and boy was it an ugly show.
i mean the actual story-story was a bit, yeah, that, but the characters and their baggage and how they related to each other worked really well i thought

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I feel more positive with the first half in general in that regard, because that's when you are introduced to them and they get their most overt development. Second half did have some good Miyako/Nina bits though.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Man had annnnnything happened in my hero academia since he went full Goku like thirty eps ago? What even happened after? A dozen episodes of school festival? And then another dozen eps of bad training tournament? And then whatever the gently caress this last bit. I unno it was somewhat cute but so much backfill is kinda… I love that it’s been 112 eps and not even a full school year.

Twice friggin rules tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Jymmybob posted:

trying based on this recommendation

trip report- That was certainly a thing. Looked gorgeous, overall terrific quality show but wow it sure doesn't pull punches and I'm amazed it got greenlit at all. Just felt like nothing was off limits at all and was completely wild. The best recent comparison I would give is like a partially completed Devilman: Crybaby.