Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Twin Cinema posted:

DX got eliminated. That sucks.

Now to wait and see when the Cookout implodes. Do they actually make it to the Final 6? The odds are certainly in their favour now.

I feel like I am coming around to Tiffany. Although, it seemed like a better game move for her and Azah to keep DX, just because I am not sure how they are positioned within the Cookout.

I am just watching Thursday’s show and super confused. Why did Tiffany vote out Derek? Was she just blowing smoke up his rear end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Snowmankilla posted:

I am just watching Thursday’s show and super confused. Why did Tiffany vote out Derek? Was she just blowing smoke up his rear end?

In the most recent episode, she says she couldn't keep him safe without jeopardizing the Cookout. I assume that more happened on the live feeds, but the rationale does make sense. However, I was confused on Thursday, too.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Gotcha. Thanks!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I think they'd rather get the whole cookout to final six than have Derek X snipe out one of their biggest competitors at this point. Like yeah, he could stick around and take out Xavier for you, and then you don't have to do it either, but now Xavier didn't make the final six.

How else to explain Hannah selling Derek X on not playing in veto roulette? She could have just told him to play it, it would've just made Sarah Beth or Alyssa go home, the Cookout would still be whole. But now there'd be this comp beast who's not in the Cookout still hanging around. He could win a HOH and a veto and now the Cookout falls short of making the F6

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

I think they'd rather get the whole cookout to final six than have Derek X snipe out one of their biggest competitors at this point. Like yeah, he could stick around and take out Xavier for you, and then you don't have to do it either, but now Xavier didn't make the final six.

How else to explain Hannah selling Derek X on not playing in veto roulette? She could have just told him to play it, it would've just made Sarah Beth or Alyssa go home, the Cookout would still be whole. But now there'd be this comp beast who's not in the Cookout still hanging around. He could win a HOH and a veto and now the Cookout falls short of making the F6

You are correct. Tiffany would be keeping one comp beast in the house that may favour her, but would probably jeopardize the Cookout making the Final 6.

Also, last night really confirmed my suspicion that Kyland is a weasel. Like, he is 100% guaranteed not go home, and his reasons for wanting to come off the block make no logical sense. I am sure the livestreams give you a better picture, but Kyland has continued making moves that feel at odds with why he says he is doing them in the diary room.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Completely foregone eviction + endurance comp with no resolution tonight? Booooo

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Poque posted:

Completely foregone eviction + endurance comp with no resolution tonight? Booooo

I am sure the first 15-20 minutes will feature the Cookout discussing possibly sending Kyland home, to make you think it’s a possibility, before everyone votes against SB.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

If things go according to plan I fully expect the first Cookout HOH to be Double Eviction night.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

This doesn't have to do with tonight, but I love when Julie asks why the evicted houseguest thinks they were evicted, and it's always about how they were the bigger threat.

I am happy two double evictions are coming up. It'll be interesting to see who from the Cookout is left standing.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
God this season has been boring to watch play out. I keep hoping something will happen that makes it not boring and then it doesn't

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

obliriovrons posted:

God this season has been boring to watch play out. I keep hoping something will happen that makes it not boring and then it doesn't

On the other hand, this has been the best cast they have had in years. Like, I am not a huge of Kyland, but I don't actively hate him as a person.

Once the Cookout have to turn on each other, then I think it will be more compelling television. Like, if Alyssa wins HOH tonight, it'll be interesting to see what happens.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Twin Cinema posted:

On the other hand, this has been the best cast they have had in years. Like, I am not a huge of Kyland, but I don't actively hate him as a person.

Once the Cookout have to turn on each other, then I think it will be more compelling television. Like, if Alyssa wins HOH tonight, it'll be interesting to see what happens.

:emptyquote:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

It's an absolute commendable achievement to witness what The Cookout has done and "Bravo" for what has transpired this season.
They saw and made moves to make such an event possible.

It makes this end game so much more sticky and quagmire because several of their own have yet to be tossed aside between now and finale.
These sacrifices are still absolutes and palpable.

The real end game loyalties have yet to be defined.

We are going to find out what they are right quick next week!

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I am really trying to think of a scenario where Xavier and Kyland don't make it to the Final 3, and it's hard. This is assuming Tiffany goes home tonight. I guess it depends on what the HOH competition is, but I don't think Azah or Big D have won anything, and I think Hannah only has the one HOH.

Of course, if Xavier makes it to the Final 2, he wins over everybody. Like, maybe Kyland is the one person who gets a vote or two over him.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

I am really trying to think of a scenario where Xavier and Kyland don't make it to the Final 3, and it's hard. This is assuming Tiffany goes home tonight. I guess it depends on what the HOH competition is, but I don't think Azah or Big D have won anything, and I think Hannah only has the one HOH.

Of course, if Xavier makes it to the Final 2, he wins over everybody. Like, maybe Kyland is the one person who gets a vote or two over him.

I was actually happy to be wrong for a moment.

But wow, what a time for Azah to show up...and then completely whiff on her one shot. Maybe they explain what the hell happened, but wow, none of this makes sense and it's terrible.

e: Like, put Ky and Xavier up, even if one comes down, you can put up Big D and have a split vote where you're the decider.

But I guess everyone wants Xavier to win.

Twin Cinema fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Sep 17, 2021

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

That final shot of Azah during the credit roll said it all.
The gravity of how much she hosed up sending Hannah home was weighing large on her shoulders.
I dunno what her "promises" to Ky were if they existed at all but the receipts she got from this transaction makes her game look bankrupt.

Congrats X, you deserve this $750K win.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Robnoxious posted:

That final shot of Azah during the credit roll said it all.
The gravity of how much she hosed up sending Hannah home was weighing large on her shoulders.
I dunno what her "promises" to Ky were if they existed at all but the receipts she got from this transaction makes her game look bankrupt.

Congrats X, you deserve this $750K win.

Yeah, that closing shot was great, just because it conveyed so much.

Xavier has played a great game. Even without the Cookout, which gave him added protection, he had the Royal Flush alliance. And, while he's been on the block a few times, he was never a target, so being put up was mostly for appearances. He is going to breeze to 750K.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

Yeah, that closing shot was great, just because it conveyed so much.

Xavier has played a great game. Even without the Cookout, which gave him added protection, he had the Royal Flush alliance. And, while he's been on the block a few times, he was never a target, so being put up was mostly for appearances. He is going to breeze to 750K.

His only real threats went home last night so I agree.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
How is Azah not thinking about this 24/7? The most airhead move imaginable. Unreal

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

His only real threats went home last night so I agree.

Like, I kind of understand Kyland's desire to team up with Xavier for the Final 6. Kyland correctly perceived that people wanted him out, and that Xavier is the only comp beast still left, so he could use that as added protection. However, Kyland doesn't seem like the guy who would cut Xavier in the Final 3, whether that's out of loyalty or that he actually believes he can win. So, much like Azah's move, he is just playing himself out of the end prize.

Poque posted:

How is Azah not thinking about this 24/7? The most airhead move imaginable. Unreal

I read something yesterday that said something like, this is what happens when you spend the whole season in bed and have no understanding of the relationships in the house. Not sure how true it is, because I haven't watched the feeds, but it always seemed as though Big D and Azah were just chilling in that one room on TV.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Didn't even realize there was an episode on last night until I looked at my PVR today. It would be really funny if Kyland did go home this week. And, if I was Xavier, there's no question that he should. Kyland is the only threat left, and while he probably would take Xavier to Final 2, Xavier can 100% guarantee himself Final 2. If Kyland goes home there's no way he's losing to Azah or Big D in the final HOH. Plus, while I think Xavier wins the game against any of remaining HGs, the vote is probably, like 7-2 Xavier instead of 9-0 if he takes Kyland.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The montage of Kyland smells has loving destroyed me

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Kyland's a piece of poo poo lmao

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Before he got evicted, I was saying how Kyland may be the weirdest Big Brother HG of all-time. Especially after that smelling montage.

Then dude just reveals himself to be a huge piece of poo poo.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
noted positive male role model Kobe Bryant

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010
Turns out the final clip show is much more tolerable when you don't hate 90% of the cast by the end of the season.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Holy poo poo that exit. I think he was digging into Xavier about being a role model for his nephew because he wanted him to shove him.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Bobfromsales posted:

Turns out the final clip show is much more tolerable when you don't hate 90% of the cast by the end of the season.

I usually avoid these episodes, but I tuned it because I mistakingly thought it would show us the first competition. You are right, I actually enjoyed seeing unaired clips.

However, last night's episode was such a slog, although I was fascinated to see Big D and Azah's reasoning as to why they should win the game. I mean, I guess there's really no world where someone in the Final 3 is saying, "you know what? I don't deserve the 750K. Give it to Xavier." Although, their actions in this game feel like they have been saying that.

I was surprised to hear Big D claim he set-up the Cookout, but for this entire season, I have thought it was Tiffany.

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010
Has there ever been a finale where it's clear every single person on screen agrees who should win?

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Julie Chen no longer impressed by autism.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

So when X wins is he now the Biggest D?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Is this the first season without a showmance?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Pretty decent season, the casting was streets ahead of the poo poo Robin Klass/Kass had been force feeding us for years.
Whoever casted this season should be green lit to cast this show moving forward.

Only negative was once the Cookout reached it's end goal it was really all over but the shouting to set X up for his win.
A well deserved win.

Everyone stayed to their lane to their own detriment ultimately, especially Azah.
Azah's lack of movement during the final double eviction weeks ago sealed her fate to being nothing better than second place at best.
Tiff and Chadah were ready to tip the apple cart but they were snuffed well before that could happen by X, Big D and Ky.
Rightfully so.

I would have had no qualms if Azah had pulled out a win but she never had any fighting spirit to pull it off.

Now, here is the one thing I gathered from the finale.
Throughout the season, every evictee had to do "air hugs" with Chenbot and keep a social distance for their eviction interviews.
Hamsters and Chenbot have been turning in COVID tests all season long most likely.

Those same COVID protocols apparently do not apply when a show is having a finale?
Chen was hugging up everyone on finale night except the first 5 losers having to watch on Zoom.
That kind of poo poo bugs me.

If you want to present a certain optic... do it front to back or don't even loving bother with it at all.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Bobfromsales posted:

Has there ever been a finale where it's clear every single person on screen agrees who should win?

I haven't watched every season, but I have never seen it this obvious.

Pillowpants posted:

Is this the first season without a showmance?

Alyssa and Christian, I think, could classify as a showmance.

Robnoxious posted:

Now, here is the one thing I gathered from the finale.
Throughout the season, every evictee had to do "air hugs" with Chenbot and keep a social distance for their eviction interviews.
Hamsters and Chenbot have been turning in COVID tests all season long most likely.

Those same COVID protocols apparently do not apply when a show is having a finale?
Chen was hugging up everyone on finale night except the first 5 losers having to watch on Zoom.
That kind of poo poo bugs me.

If you want to present a certain optic... do it front to back or don't even loving bother with it at all.

Even when Azah left tonight, Chen said they needed to air hug. I was also confused when Chen was hugging everybody later in the episode.

Also, I thought the 5 non-jury members all got to talk. Frenchie, Travis, and Whitney were all just there to clap for Xavier, I guess.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Also, Azah is my favourite person in the cast, but she really wasn't cut out for this game.

In the end, I really enjoyed the season. It may have been a foregone conclusion pretty early, but I really liked the cast. Sure, I found Kyland weird and didn't really like him, but I didn't dislike him in the same way like I did Michie.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I liked this season a lot - it’s the first in a long time without a bitter jury.

Brittni requesting time to talk about autism made me cry a little - my son just got diagnosed and it pulled on my heart strings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

Bobfromsales posted:

Stunning reversal this season. A stark contrast to the usual scraping the bottom of the barrel to find a couple people I can even stand, much less actively like