Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

public defenders exist, which imo is good. also their legal role is to disrupt the process of mass incarceration as best they can, which is probably a chaotic act but also it's their legal role so maybe that balances to neutral?

i think i'm okay with calling public defenders "neutral good"

i don't really like the classic d&d alignment grid though :shobon:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

bad guy

lawyers can be any kind of lawful and either true neutral or neutral evil, op

bad guy

biosterous posted:

public defenders exist, which imo is good. also their legal role is to disrupt the process of mass incarceration as best they can, which is probably a chaotic act but also it's their legal role so maybe that balances to neutral?

i think i'm okay with calling public defenders "neutral good"

i don't really like the classic d&d alignment grid though :shobon:

most public defender's would prob be lawful good imo, a lot depends on how you define lawful

biosterous

yeah all the subjective interpretations of "lawful" and "good" and all are one of the main reasons i don't like the alignment axis!

but i guess if we define lawful as "full of law" then public defenders are lawful good for sure

gallery of sigs

he/him

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
public defenders are hired and chosen by the state, and are typically selected based on their overall general incompetency in the face of a seasoned prosecutor, so actually I'm going to say they're lawful neutral and also that they're bad

people on trial should get to choose from a variety of kittens to pet and their sentence determined by how loud the cat purrs

barnold fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jul 13, 2021

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Can I hire a bard as my council?

take the moon

by sebmojo

barnold posted:

public defenders are hired and chosen by the state, and are typically selected based on their overall general incompetency in the face of a seasoned prosecutor, so actually I'm going to say they're lawful neutral and also that they're bad

people on trial should get to choose from a variety of kittens to pet and their sentence determined by how loud the cat purrs

this is depressing to read but kind of makes sense

i wish things were more fair irl sometimes

Buttchocks posted:

Can I hire a bard as my council?

strolling into the courtroom with your bard playing an arrangement of the final fantasy menu music as your theme song

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I'm a chaotic evil lawyer but I don't win a lot of cases

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I know a lawyer irl who is also a goon and I would say he's chaotic neutral mostly, but that's why the D&D alignment chart falls apart.

Prof. Crocodile

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I'm a chaotic evil lawyer but I don't win a lot of cases

*presents dick pic as evidence marked with label reading ‘exhibit d’*

Prof. Crocodile

also lawyers can be any alignment. just because their job is the law that doesn’t mean they have to lawful. it’s like how a chef can be evil even though they feed hungry people.

Vei
lawyers are chaotic evil and u'll can't convince me otherwise

Prurient Squid

Prof. Crocodile posted:

also lawyers can be any alignment. just because their job is the law that doesn’t mean they have to lawful. it’s like how a chef can be evil even though they feed hungry people.

the contradiction between form and content.

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Let's draft an alignment chart that better suits the needs being discussed. Perhaps "helpful" and "unhelpful" as a buffer between good and evil?

nut

*awful and ya

Prurient Squid

Can "legit" be one of the descriptors? Can't think of a clever antonym?

e: or is this my lack of imagination that I smuggle "lawful" back in through the backdoor?

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

the Legit Axis would be an infinitely useful-er axis than good/evil

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

biosterous

legit helpful
legit awful
legit, kinda
kinda helpful
kinda awful
kinda, ... (????????)
fake helpful
fake awful
fake, kinda

gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
lawful=awful

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!