Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which engine is the best?
XP
VX
VX ACE
MV
MZ
Goku
View Results

Merry Deciever
Aug 20, 2015
Pillbug
Post your favorite RPG Maker games, good or bad, clean or NSFW. (NSFW should have spoiler tags and warnings, if possible, just give a heads up and don't get too graphic about it)

RPG Maker games run the entire spectrum of humanity, and I think are generally worthy of discussion, beyond the occasional indie darling. There's plenty of lessons to be learned, and an earnest-ness to a lot of them that is somewhat rare in games these days, I find.

I'll mostly be posting the RPG Maker games I've played and enjoyed myself, though there certainly are some that "do everything wrong." Still, I'd like the tone of the thread to be more "And here's how to improve" than "and so whoever made it sucks forever." We're all learning, neh?

Maybe you are a creator yourself, or have simply dabbled and have some tips, some tools, anything at all rpgmaker related is welcome!

Merry Deciever fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jul 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merry Deciever
Aug 20, 2015
Pillbug
This post is reserved for future content

Merry Deciever
Aug 20, 2015
Pillbug
To kick things off with an effort post:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/266230/Last_Dream/

Last Dreams is a pretty ambitious title, along with it's sequel, essentially attempting to be the "Baldur's Gate" of the rpg-maker world. A large fairly open ended world, with tons of sidequests, plenty of puzzles, and even a free official strategy guide, it doesn't do anything particularly new, but it does most of it quite well, with a fairly well put together world map, quest log, and even the basics that SHOULD be standard with every RPG, Turbo and Encounter Rate settings. (Though annoyingly enough, I think changing the encounter rate switches off achievements.)

If you are looking for a quintassential RPG Maker game either to sink your teeth on, or *learn* from for your own games, you'd be hard pressed to find a better one to start (Though there are certainly better games out there.)

I played and beat them both, even going so far as to SOLO them, simply because that was an option from the start (You can disable your party members via a menu.) As far as bells and whistles go, this game has most of em, and though it costs some money, it's money well spent IMO.