Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/william-f-nolan-sci-fi-author-logans-run-dies-at-93-1234984428/

RIP William F. Nolan, The Author of the Book Logan's Run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The Necroscope is still alive!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

He lived 72 years too long

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Looks like he…

…ran out of time.

Sonderval
Sep 10, 2011

Zeluth posted:

How the gently caress is Lumley not dead yet? I had to look it up. He ain’t dead. Wow.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Fish, and plankton, and sea greens, and protein from the sea. It's all here, ready. Fresh as harvest day.

Fish, and plankton. Sea greens, and protein from the sea.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Where did he go?

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
gone to that great Carousel in the sky

which seems, uhh, redundant

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

quote:

The wordsmith churned out hundreds of pieces throughout his illustrious career,

What is this bullshit?
lmao

This is like saying "BBC had millions of posts and literally shat out voluminous owns on Aardvark!! hourly because of what a loving dork that moron was, however, under a previous account he really laid a spanking on some dude in Games and had a good run in TFF."

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ha kind of funny he lived so long. Right? No? Yea ok.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"Sea Greens and Co."

e: Sea Greens and Pro also works

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Check this out:

Logan’s Done :smug:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

1960s science fiction loving sucks poo poo and 60s sci-fi writers are all terrible people. A lot of them are/were anti-psych which makes them active threats to people with mental health issues.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Logan's Run was my favorite X-men Kids! coloring book.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

More like Logan’s had his fun!

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

I. M. Gei posted:

1960s science fiction loving sucks poo poo and 60s sci-fi writers are all terrible people. A lot of them are/were anti-psych which makes them active threats to people with mental health issues.

My favorite example of this is an episode from Star Trek where a psychologist is using a torture machine on mental patients and the episode never even gives a reason for why he's doing it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I. M. Gei posted:

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
i thought he was already dead so i guess i'm just continuing on in that knowledge, thanks op

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Loden Taylor posted:

Fish, and plankton, and sea greens, and protein from the sea. It's all here, ready. Fresh as harvest day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKROeWxZHfg

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Check this out:

Logan’s Done :smug:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Loden Taylor posted:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the carousel could have saved us if it was implemented a few decades ago. it's too late now.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

naem
May 29, 2011

RENEW

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
yeah I could go for a sea bowl right about now

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Loden Taylor posted:

This was the peak of sci fi.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

lmao

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Yaldabaoth posted:

My favorite example of this is an episode from Star Trek where a psychologist is using a torture machine on mental patients and the episode never even gives a reason for why he's doing it.

Wasn't it an escaped mental patient who took control of the asylum outpost, rejiggered the brain-healing machine into a torture chair, and put the psychologist IN it to test it out?

Heck, in that episode the Enterprise was there to deliver a new drug that, supposedly, could CURE literally the last of the Federation's criminal insanity, Star Trek was fairly pro-mental health

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Asterite34 posted:

Wasn't it an escaped mental patient who took control of the asylum outpost, rejiggered the brain-healing machine into a torture chair, and put the psychologist IN it to test it out?

Heck, in that episode the Enterprise was there to deliver a new drug that, supposedly, could CURE literally the last of the Federation's criminal insanity, Star Trek was fairly pro-mental health

That's exactly what an escaped mental patient would WANT you to fish, and plankton. Sea greens, and protein from the sea.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Asterite34 posted:

There were two episodes set in a mental facility and I think you're conflating them.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Zeluth posted:

Sonderval posted:

How the gently caress is Lumley not dead yet? I had to look it up. He ain’t dead. Wow.

Maybe I'm a bit smooth brained - I mean I am but you know what I mean - but what does Lumley have to do with Logan's Run?

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
The Author of Logans Runs son invented the Capri Sun.

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Maybe I'm a bit smooth brained - I mean I am but you know what I mean - but what does Lumley have to do with Logan's Run?

William f Nolan had possesion of the Necroscope for a period of time and Lumley always said it would be his downfall. Lumley owning it for more time than others was always assumed to be its first victim.

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

Robin Williams posted:

The Author of Logans Runs son invented the Capri Sun.

5 or so years from now, this will come up in a trivia contest/show/whatever, and I’ll get it right.

Someone will ask how I knew that, and I’ll honestly say I don’t have any idea.

Thank you in advance, Robin Williams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Baxter posted:

5 or so years from now, this will come up in a trivia contest/show/whatever, and I’ll get it right.

Someone will ask how I knew that, and I’ll honestly say I don’t have any idea.

Thank you in advance, Robin Williams.

You can edit wikipedia and source this thread and make it even more real

No joke.