Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Now I am not good at contract law but...I don't think that is binding!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

brb going to go sign my name on one of the wwe guys multi million dollar contracts

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Is john cena gonna have a better match than Corbin would have? Almost certainly.

But would Baron with the contract be an entertaining couple weeks? Almost certainly.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

Now I am not good at contract law but...I don't think that is binding!

WWE just prints out generic contracts with no names mentioned

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
did...... cena just do the thing he did that Rey that one Raw years ago, but to Balor this time in a slightly different way.

This guy is a JERK

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Stealing the contract is kind of beautifully stupid, especially with Corbin as an interloper

Lol if Finn's main roster return -> title challenge against Roman was all just a backdoor setup for a Corbin feud though

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Intruder posted:

WWE just prints out generic contracts with no names mentioned

actually when Cena showed it you clearly see Roman and Finn's name

https://streamable.com/4agzv8

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
ngl, Cena is kind of a DICK. I thought he was gonna bring the contract to Finn.

I got flashbacks to that storyline for his undertaker match where he kept crying he was going to miss wrestlemania, but refused to just enter the ARMBAR, so he starts goading a retired old man into fighting him.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Blaise330 posted:

ngl, Cena is kind of a DICK. I thought he was gonna bring the contract to Finn.

tbh that's what I expected too

Now I'm hoping Roman cheats to beat Cena followed by a Big E cashin title win

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Very excited for this storyline to go to the highest and most prestigious court in the land: Wrestling Court.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
King Nakamura already lost that stupid crown

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Blaise330 posted:

King Nakamura already lost that stupid crown

Oh no now he too will be destitute

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

Oh no now he too will be destitute

Instead of buying cars he's paying Rick Boogs 20 grand a week

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Sonya and Pierce kinda looking like dicks tonight.

Heyman: The contract has Finn Balor's name on it multiple times

Sonya: Signature says Cena

Pierce: That's good enough for me

Rollins: I deserve the title shot, I've been busting my rear end all year. I'm Seth Frickin Rollins!

Pierce: yeah but..................................... he's Edge.

I didn't know worshipping part-timers who never win was a babyface GM trait.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Very excited for Nikki ASH vs Charlotte on Monday to be the same thing as last week except now Charlotte can use weapons and kick Nikki's rear end even harder. And then for Nikki to say she almost won again.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Considering Charlotte was terminator-walking through Nikki's forearms then tossing her around that entire last match, maybe she'll actually sell a kendo stick shot.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Blaise330 posted:

Heyman: The contract has Finn Balor's name on it multiple times

Sonya: Signature says Cena

Pierce: That's good enough for me

A first year law student could win this dispute

And at no point do they treat Balor like he got hosed

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So does Sasha turn on Bianca tonight? Yes or yes?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Corbin has some balls, the last time he hosed with Balor around Summerslam he got demoned

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

DarkstarIV posted:

has bianca even fueded with anyone since she became champ?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I like how even the casual audience is just waiting for Sasha to backstab Bianca.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ASenileAnimal posted:

Carmella for like weeks now

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

ASenileAnimal posted:

Carmella and Bayley, both for way too long. So expect the same for this inevitable Sasha feud.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

DarkstarIV posted:

I feel like Bianca turning on Sasha would be both more interesting and more logical. I dunno what the point of Sasha saving Bianca from a beatdown and teaming with her only to turn on her within 90 minutes would be

With Bianca turning you could do a "what the gently caress, you just show up after four months and act like we're friends, I carried things while you were gone, also I'm not stupid so I'm betraying you before you inevitably betray me" sort of thing

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

Carmella and Bayley, both for way too long. So expect the same for this inevitable Sasha feud.

Given how the Bayley feud ended I'll argue not long enough :smith:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

xbilkis posted:

I feel like Bianca turning on Sasha would be both more interesting and more logical. I dunno what the point of Sasha saving Bianca from a beatdown and teaming with her only to turn on her within 90 minutes would be

You know what company we are watching, right?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's too early to turn Bianca, and Sasha shouldn't turn heel after just coming back.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lmao

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Dang its like WWE is predictable!!!

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lmfao that one dude looking absolutely shocked at sasha turning on bianca

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Codependent Poster posted:

It's too early to turn Bianca, and Sasha shouldn't turn heel after just coming back.

Seth and Sami still haven't turned back babyface since their post-break returns.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol they either should have done this earlier in the night or teased it out a little longer

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Codependent Poster posted:

lol they either should have done this earlier in the night or teased it out a little longer

There is only three weeks until Summerfest friend.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
man babyfaces are DUMB

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Blaise330 posted:

Seth and Sami still haven't turned back babyface since their post-break returns.

Yeah I mean, Sasha turning heel is fine, but it makes more sense to tease it longer that way it builds up the tension and might have people going "oh I guess she isn't" and then that's when you hit it.

Doing all this in one night is just like, well duh. It makes Bianca look like a dummy.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"Hey, it's the lady who I fought with for several months the last time she showed up to work. Gosh, she's being really cheery towards me, I guess we're friends?" - WWE babyface champion

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sasha is literally the only credible challenger on the SD roster so yeah no shock here

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Intruder posted:

Sasha is literally the only credible challenger on the SD roster so yeah no shock here

Yup and once Bianca destroys her at Summerslam, and likely the next two PPVs after that, she'll need even more challengers. Thankfully the draft is in October/November apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Blaise330 posted:

man babyfaces are DUMB

babyfaces in wwe have been replaced by loser dorks that get endlessly clowned on by the heel. my memory is too bad to remember if this way always the case