Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, France does have a UFC Champion. It's Francis Ngannou. Jesus Christ.

They also now have a number one contender to that title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gane put on a fuckin' clinic, I'm impressed

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Realtalk tho Big props to Gane for going in for the kill and staying in the pocket at the end there and never letting off the gas

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, France does have a UFC Champion. It's Francis Ngannou. Jesus Christ.

They also now have a number one contender to that title.

And they were training partners and techincally still have the same coach*

*unsure if Francis trains at all with Fernand Lopez at all

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Hm. Seems like Lewis might have had a better chance if he actually put up a fight.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Bongamis!

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Digital Jedi posted:

And they were training partners and techincally still have the same coach*

*unsure if Francis trains at all with Fernand Lopez at all

I think Francis trains in Vegas now at Xtreme Couture

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Yo that was a massacre

hrollins
May 20, 2003
Radio Friendly Unit Shifter

beep by grandpa posted:

Realtalk tho Big props to Gane for going in for the kill and staying in the pocket at the end there and never letting off the gas

He throws so hard and so fast and is always in control of everything. It's frightening.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
lmao what a joke belt tho

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Troy Queef posted:

I think Francis trains in Vegas now at Xtreme Couture

Figured and he did ton of training at the PI but not sure if he still keeps in touch and gets any help from him at all

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Gane is good and cool.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Dr.Radical posted:

Hm. Seems like Lewis might have had a better chance if he actually put up a fight.

He did, Gane is just extremely, extremely good on his feet and never gave him the opportunity and wisely retreated at every hint of an exchange. lewis can't chase a guy like that for 25min lol. It's not that he didn't put up a fight, he was just neutralized completely

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Strikes 99-8

hrollins
May 20, 2003
Not sure what Lewis can do against that, he got the leg kicked out of his leg.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

lmao what a joke belt tho

They even said Ngannou is the UNDISPUTED champion so what the gently caress is the interim champion supposed to be? :laugh:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hrollins posted:

Not sure what Lewis can do against that, he got the leg kicked out of his leg.

Besides that he got punched in the face a lot and couldn't punch Gane.

Reminder that Lewis did not land his first punch until round 2.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

instead of doing this they should have taken the pro wrestling approach with an intercontinental (weight-class) champion, etc.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

They even said Ngannou is the UNDISPUTED champion so what the gently caress is the interim champion supposed to be? :laugh:

The exact same amount % of people who watch UFC, this thread or otherwise, that can tell me what crypto.com is can also tell me what UNDISPUTED even means now

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

beep by grandpa posted:

He did, Gane is just extremely, extremely good on his feet and never gave him the opportunity and wisely retreated at every hint of an exchange. lewis can't chase a guy like that for 25min lol. It's not that he didn't put up a fight, he was just neutralized completely

The leg kicks paid dividends in that regard. Hard enough to chance after a Gane with a good leg and with a compromised one so hard.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hopefully this doesn't get me in trouble for quoting a literal terrorist group but that whole fight all I was thinking "Gane has to be lucky every time for 25 minutes, and Lewis just has to be lucky once" (sorry but it's a cool quote)

Digital Jedi posted:

The leg kicks paid dividends in that regard. Hard enough to chance after a Gane with a good leg and with a compromised one so hard.

edit: yeah def left that part out too, my bad!!

hrollins
May 20, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

The exact same amount % of people who watch UFC, this thread or otherwise, that can tell me what crypto.com is can also tell me what UNDISPUTED even means now

It's the same as the word undisputed in UFC, a scam.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm sorry for saying they "should have" done anything involving making multiple champions of a weight class. that was an accident

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

What are the odds: in the next week that will tell us that his back is hosed up again, but that he didn't want to withdraw from the Houston fight (because of the same pressure they put on Francis), and that he's retiring because of his back problems.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
sad fake belts lame

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

While we're defining things Can someone tell me why on earth these fatass heavyweights who haven't been able to touch their toes since bill clinton was president continue to throw these big stupid slow lame loving head kicks

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Ngannou is from Cameroon.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Fuuuuuck. That's the 3rd 5-way parlay on UFC PPV in a row I missed by one fight.

Gane jumped back like a cat everytime Lewis even hinted at throwing a punch. I didn't expect him to just gas and give up like that so soon though. It was sad.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

Hopefully this doesn't get me in trouble for quoting a literal terrorist group but that whole fight all I was thinking "Gane has to be lucky every time for 25 minutes, and Lewis just has to be lucky once" (sorry but it's a cool quote)

edit: yeah def left that part out too, my bad!!

It’s ok to be a terrorist group if it’s against the British

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

1 strike a round seems like a bad thing but I'm no expert

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

The disputed champion

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Ngannou is from Cameroon.

True

I think it's because he lived there for a few years and started training there as well so it's probably his 2nd home/adapted country.

I think if they say Gane is the first Frenchman instead of first person from France is more accurate.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The "dana wants to put on a heavyweight title unification fight on the new years card heavyweight champion of the woooooooooooorld" francis the predator ngannou

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CommonShore posted:

What are the odds: in the next week that will tell us that his back is hosed up again, but that he didn't want to withdraw from the Houston fight (because of the same pressure they put on Francis), and that he's retiring because of his back problems.

I dunno but he must be desperate for cash because the smart move was to wait for Francis.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
He for sure had that old tentative look of back problems/needed to poop real bad, but I figured it was just frustration at getting so owned :shrug:

nocturama
Dec 26, 2007

Gane is so good to watch

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

D-Pad posted:

Fuuuuuck. That's the 3rd 5-way parlay on UFC PPV in a row I missed by one fight.

Gane jumped back like a cat everytime Lewis even hinted at throwing a punch. I didn't expect him to just gas and give up like that so soon though. It was sad.

Lewis didn’t gas and give up. He got his rear end whipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pizza combos
Feb 23, 2011

D-Pad posted:

bummer. lol