Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I made apple butter yesterday and successfully canned four jars of it (one jar broke). I suck at canning, so this is a pretty good yield. I just wish I had a bigger crockpot do I could do larger batches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Prurient Squid posted:

This is probably the last year I'll be overweight.

:)

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

xcheopis

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

this is very true, i often have the same feelings about my own kids, getting lucky with well behaved, happy, healthy kids who love me. but i have to remind myself that at some point(s) i did good things and made the right decisions too and helped them be that way, so i can "allow myself" to feel like a good father

it's actually fortuitous that this thread came up at this time, i have a brag that i can't really share in my life. my friends and family are all sort of struggling in their own ways, definitely all of them financially and some with stability, so i don't want to like, rub my successes in their face. but i just got a 10% raise and a bonus equal to 7% of my yearly salary at work, completely unprompted! i actually feel like i work for a good company with a boss who cares about us, it's a great feeling. feels so weird to be keeping this to myself (aside from one select friend who i told)

Yaaaay!

cruft

I appear to have, somehow, broken myself of the pernicious habit of work breaks meaning popping into the kitchen for a little snack!

biosterous

i had a phone call with a friend that lasted almost an hour and a half

why this is a brag:

- i have phone anxiety, but i did not experience it at all for the whole talk!
- we are two friends who have known each other when we were are absolute shittiest selves, but just the general flow and content of the call kept reminding me of how much we have both grown and changed and improved as time has gone by. i'm happy that things have gotten a lot better for him and i'm happy that i've become much less lovely lol

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Escape From Noise

I made some pita bread.

Also some not awful but not very good hummus. Maybe I'll try to add some more tahini to it. (I accidentally cooked too many chickpeas and it was too much for my little food processor)

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I rescued a dog that had gotten loose and returned it to it's owner. I feel great for not ignoring it like so many other neighbors had been and helping the dog home.

Jinh

I havent tried dating in over 10 years for a bunch of reasons. Today I really smoothly gave a lady my number, and she said I was cute.

cruft

Jinh posted:

I havent tried dating in over 10 years for a bunch of reasons. Today I really smoothly gave a lady my number, and she said I was cute.

:peanut:

cruft

Yesterday ms cruft began working from home one day a week, so I mounted her work phone to the wall by the table she likes.

I don't understand why I'm so pleased with this, and I certainly wouldn't expect any of you to understand, i just need somewhere to brag about it, because I'm really happy about this.

xcheopis

We are here to celebrate victories large and small! :yayclod:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

cruft posted:

Yesterday ms cruft began working from home one day a week, so I mounted her work phone to the wall by the table she likes.

I don't understand why I'm so pleased with this, and I certainly wouldn't expect any of you to understand, i just need somewhere to brag about it, because I'm really happy about this.

A work phone in the house? I'm amazed

cruft

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

A work phone in the house? I'm amazed

It is the year 2021 and anything is possible

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
my penis is extremely average

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I can finally do thi

*falls over backwards somehow dropping pants halfway down; trips over them, gets a thumb trapped in a belt loop, loses left shoe and flips over the other way and stand up, pulls up pants and walks over to the snack table*

s

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I made barbacoa in my slow cooker today using fresh squeezed lime juice, home smashed garlic cloves and of course chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. the smell of it cooking on high was enough to make two of our dogs drool visibly

the beef was falling apart. smelled and tasted just like Chipotle™ Barbacoa® beef.

in a bowl with black beans and rice it didn't even need toppins. pics tomorrow if there's anything left

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Jinh

Areola Grande posted:

I made barbacoa in my slow cooker today using fresh squeezed lime juice, home smashed garlic cloves and of course chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. the smell of it cooking on high was enough to make two of our dogs drool visibly

the beef was falling apart. smelled and tasted just like Chipotle™ Barbacoa® beef.

in a bowl with black beans and rice it didn't even need toppins. pics tomorrow if there's anything left

Omg pics and recipe please I'm begging u

Areola Grande

Jinh posted:

https://pin.it/4mq7fua

I don't usually use video recipes but this was a good one. Cook low and slow for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. I used a standard 4 quart crock pot

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

nut

this thread...is good

Areola Grande

nut posted:

this thread...is good

yeah it is :dbuddy:

Areola Grande

Jinh posted:

shredded barbacoa w/ black beans and rice. hella spicy!

cruft

Areola Grande posted:

The best part of this photo is the doggo lurking in the shadows waiting for you to drop something.

Areola Grande

story of my life yo

xcheopis

cruft posted:

The best part of this photo is the doggo lurking in the shadows waiting for you to drop something.

Not waiting so much as testing the new HypnoToad app.
Drop the food...
Drop the food...
Drop the food...
Drop the food...

Jinh

Areola Grande posted:

https://pin.it/4mq7fua

I don't usually use video recipes but this was a good one. Cook low and slow for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. I used a standard 4 quart crock pot

Areola Grande posted:

:neckbeard:
Amazing, may try this next weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle

A kind little mouse!

Buttchocks posted:

I made apple butter yesterday and successfully canned four jars of it (one jar broke). I suck at canning, so this is a pretty good yield. I just wish I had a bigger crockpot do I could do larger batches.

congrats. i love applebutter but i just buy the store bought stuff.