Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

lol

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Phoix posted:

you can skip the first hour of any rpg and miss nothing

10 hours if its persona

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

the juxtaposition of peaceful urban life against episodic dungeon crawling is the entire point of the persona series, op

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

lol

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Chopper Attack on N64.

It looks and plays like complete garbage, but I beat it on a rental once because I didn’t want to feel like I wasted my $3.50 or whatever the rental price was.

Luckily later that year I got Nuclear Strike for Christmas.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
this is my 347th attempt to beat ecco the dolphin but since it's on switch I'm close to doing it. I'm not sure I've had fun with any of it. but it's interesting, the setting is cool, and there's really not much like it.

also the sega CD version apparently has even more levels, good lord.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

that reminds me i did beat evo the search for eden and didn't enjoy it at all past the very beginning. it was on an emulator and i abused the crap out of save states so i didn't "beat it" but maybe i did "finish it." whatever

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

b_d posted:

that reminds me i did beat evo the search for eden and didn't enjoy it at all past the very beginning. it was on an emulator and i abused the crap out of save states so i didn't "beat it" but maybe i did "finish it." whatever

i don't remember if i ever got to the end. it turns into a slog pretty immediately iirc

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

the last boss might be worse than everything in the game before it.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I'm not super enjoying Suikoden Tierkreis but I'll probably be beating it pretty soon.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Plebian Parasite posted:

I'm not super enjoying Suikoden Tierkreis but I'll probably be beating it pretty soon.

it looks loving awful and I'm scared of rolling it lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I'm very done with it but I'm pretty sure I'm at the point where I'm strong enough to tackle pretty much every remaining fight in the game (mostly because the game is super easy). If I had bought this in like 2010 and played it an hour a day on the bus I'm pretty sure I'd like it a fair amount but trying to beat it just like, outright, it's pretty miserable.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

b_d posted:

oh yeah i did this too. i even did the optional poo poo like becoming a caveman which iirc was hours of grinding evo points

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

ive heard nothing but how lovely and miserable it is for the last 15 years so go with god amigo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

e.v.o.i.d.ing this poo poo from my rectum: the search for a toilet. bazinga

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

oh yeah i did this too. i even did the optional poo poo like becoming a caveman which iirc was hours of grinding evo points

thats teh whole drat game

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

ni no kuni 2, the gameplay became rote by the third act, felt like a grind to get to the end of the relatively dull story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Pokemon sword.

Pokemon sun, pokemon X... pokemon black.......... *trails off and stares into the distance*