Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

He's disqualified because he has held the WWE title multiple times, but I would argue that he makes up for that in "cringe factor". But The Miz has always been my boy. People hate him because he is a mediocre wrestler, and a company shill, and an undeserved main eventer, and nearly all his title reigns have been bullshit. However, if I am honest with myself, that is part of the reason I like him, because I am a contrarian arsehole. In addition, he is a masterfull heel with a punchable face and an annoying overbearing personality who has never shied away from looking the fool and/or getting his comeuppance on TV. I also like that he worked his way from being locker-room pariah to veteran, and has this weird "friend you like and have a soft spot for, but can't bear to be around for long periods of time" relationship with a lot of the cool wrestlers in real life.

He also seems like a good dad. Which raises him in my estimation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

*Val Venis

*Alex Wright

*Perry Saturn

*Big Boss Man

*The Warlord

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Bam Bam Bigelow For a big man, he was just so agile and I admired that about him. He was like a physical paradox to me.

Van Hammer I first saw him and he was a mess of hair and rock and I can't saw I remember any match of his but I liked his first impression on me.

Angelico He seems like such a laidback technician. I wish he'd be featured more than he is, in AEW.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Barry Horowitz: Mr. Pat on the Back, the Jobber to the Stars. Unlike Steve Lombardi Barry never drank the WWF kool-aid and became arguably one of the best journeyman workers throughout the US, never coming close to the main event or even the upper midcard, but if you wanted to put a babyface over there was arguably no better enhancement talent.

The Ring Crew Express: Kevin Dunn (Not that one) and Kirby Marcos are pretty unknown for the most part, but they have a special place in my heart purely for their gimmick. Just as Mikey Whipwreck was a guy on the ring crew who was fed to monsters, Dunn and Marcos were a couple guys that were part of early ROH's ring crew that got jobbed out to bigger stars. Their desperate certainty they were going to "Rock You Like A Hurricane" before getting put through a table by Da Hit Squad or Homicide was incredibly endearing to me who was just discovering Indy Wrestling and they've always represented the best (and worst) of the Indy atmosphere and directly inspired my longterm fantasy stable the Merch Table Mafia.

Melissa Anderson: I'm skirting the line here based on my own personal rules, namely she's a 2 Time SHIMMER Champion and I see SHIMMER as the female equivalent of ROH, but she's done enough cringey poo poo in larger promotions that I think she's earned her spot. From being Awesome Kong's mouthpiece on TNA to Supercreep Marty Martinez' sister in Lucha Underground, shes' one of the best independent female brawlers that has constantly been on the verge of breaking into the mainstream but has never quite made it, as evidenced by being ranked #1 in PWI's Top 50 in 2013.

Takayuki Iizuka: If anyone truly personified CHAOS at their most heelish, this wild eyed maniac beating up announcers would be it. He retired in 2019 and I hope he has a happy retirement because he brought me so much joy every time he entered an arena and sent people scattering.

Damien Sandow: Specifically for his Intellectual Savior of the Masses, this guy was my jam. An evolution of Larry Poffo's Genius with arguably better mic skills, Sandow was NEVER going to get a decent push but goddamn did I love seeing him on my screen.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Last I heard she was done with wrestling and had a pizza joint

I appreciate her for using e-wrestling finish though (Gory Special Neckbreaker)

She's got a Youtube show with Mickie James and SoCal Val that's more often than not about wrestling or has wrestlers on it, so she's still got at least one foot in the door.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

Bam Bam Bigelow For a big man, he was just so agile and I admired that about him. He was like a physical paradox to me.

Van Hammer I first saw him and he was a mess of hair and rock and I can't saw I remember any match of his but I liked his first impression on me.

Angelico He seems like such a laidback technician. I wish he'd be featured more than he is, in AEW.

this is my fave stable so far probably

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Limiting myself to people who are currently active, I guess my Boy faction would be the following:

:yoshihashi: Best boy, a goober for years only to Get Back Up and become great.

:wato: Largely the same, except his gooberhood didn't last as long and he's not quite as great yet.

DOUKI: Best feral violent gremlin boy.

Fuego del Sol: The best luchador from Alabama, though he might have risen above Boyhood recently.

Lulupencil: Self-evidently the greatest, so I don't know if she counts either but I'm including her anyway.

And looking at this list I guess I have a soft spot for underdog losers who just keep trucking despite everything.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

See, I want to say Toru Yano and Taichi, but they are both (a) the two greatest wrestlers in the world (b) verifiably not cringe, so here's a list I guess

• Hirooki Goto (as has been stated, he is one of the greatest wrestlers never to win the big one, even though he really should have beaten Tanahashi for the belt in 2007 or Mutoh in 2008, but w/e)
  • DOUKI (everything about him is so loving cringe and it's amazing, DOUKI has always been amazing)
  • Grand Master Sexay and Scotty 2 Hotty (entirely because of the Too Cool gimmick, also b/c No Mercy is the best game and U Look Fly 2 Day was the best theme)
  • Steve Blackman (the unluckiest wrestler in the world, he was so talented and he would have thrived in the 90s or the 2000s if he'd been healthier. He went over Shane, for gently caress's sake, so you know Vince liked him)
  • Crash Holly (the hardcore division was one of the only good things about the Attitude Era before 2000, and he was undoubtedly the king of it)

so yeah, wrestling is good

Venomous fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Aug 17, 2021

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

:yoshihashi: Best boy, a goober for years only to Get Back Up and become great.

:wato: Largely the same, except his gooberhood didn't last as long and he's not quite as great yet.

DOUKI: Best feral violent gremlin boy.

Fuego del Sol: The best luchador from Alabama, though he might have risen above Boyhood recently.

Lulupencil: Self-evidently the greatest, so I don't know if she counts either but I'm including her anyway.

this but also American Males, Chris Masters, Steve Blackman, Shark Boy, Jungle Kyona and Claudio

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Do you ever think Goto wins the big one or has that ship sailed due to better and better/younger wrestlers...like the same situation Jungle Kyona is in.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TV Zombie posted:

Do you ever think Goto wins the big one or has that ship sailed due to better and better/younger wrestlers...like the same situation Jungle Kyona is in.

Nakanishi eventually won it so I mean...maybe? But it does seem like that they missed his window by a decade+

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

eh, I'm still holding out hope for a gold watch, idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Goto is in the perfect position right now, he's the third best member of the best trios team in the company. No need to give him delusions of grandeur with a pity reign