Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vei
That Purpose Is: I realized this tiny mystery scab isn't healing because it's probably not a scab -- it's probably a tick -- and I am not tweezing a tick out of my thigh while sober

::anime mushroom sigh::

fml i cant believe i have to do this im such a PUSSY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

i believe in u, tweeze hard with conviction imagine all of byob is holding ur hand while u do it

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

can you do the thing where you squeeze around it and it swells up and falls off

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

give the tick psilocybin causing it to reconsider its entire world view

Vei

nut posted:

i believe in u, tweeze hard with conviction imagine all of byob is holding ur hand while u do it
Thank You Brother

your friend sk posted:

can you do the thing where you squeeze around it and it swells up and falls off
This makes sense but I'm simply not hardcore enough

Bo-Pepper posted:

give the tick psilocybin causing it to reconsider its entire world view
I'm half wondering if I killed it by hitting a ~gentlemenly blood alcohol level~ last weekend

and half wanting to hallucinate cool dragons on shrooms again

Vei
while i slowly drink claw #2, i'd like to say I am NEVER chilling on my balcony and reading again*

this tick surely came from the Big Cool Tree right next to my balcony idk

*i will definitely do this again because it's chill

Manifisto

presumably you are also getting the tick a little drunk as well, it's really the compassionate thing to do

ty nesamdoom!

Vei

Manifisto posted:

presumably you are also getting the tick a little drunk as well, it's really the compassionate thing to do
i'm srsly curious if you can kill ticks by hitting a certain BAC

like who is better evolved to tolerate alcohol, ME, A COOL SPACE MONKEY, or some stupid rear end bug

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
https://youtu.be/peHNOqhCETc

here's ur tick pulling soundtrack OP. It will give u added confidence

Vei

Areola Grande posted:

https://youtu.be/peHNOqhCETc

here's ur tick pulling soundtrack OP. It will give u added confidence
I just pulled it, and boy this is a 20 milligram weight off my thigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like a new man!

it was a scab which is concerning since it didn't like fall off/heal in a timely manner, but whatever melanoma is probably better than a tick bite right..? let me just quickly confirm this good news on WebMD........ . ..

Ass-penny

congratulations on being tick free. I would never let something I wasn't 100% sure was a scab stay on my body overnight but maybe that's just me.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Stoner Sloth

glad it came off, hope it wasn't anything serious

back when i was growing up we had paralysis ticks - those things are pretty scary cause even one or two of them can kill a horse if they're left there (marsupials though, especially bandicoots, are quite resistant but most others mammals are not)

i remember having to check everytime you went and played in the long grass and occasionally having to get them removed

if you do have ticks, treatment is usually to use pyrethrin based insect repellents (even though they're arachnids it works) or moistened bicarbonate of soda. you want to treat them twice within about a minute and then leave them and they should fall off over a 24 hour period.

the advantage of this over yanking them off with tweezers is that it stops the mouthparts getting pulled off and remaining stuck in you leading to potential infection - if you have no alternative to doing so then make sure you treat them with an antiseptic!

Percy Teatwillow

let us go out this evening for pleasure, for the night is still young

Vei posted:

i'm srsly curious if you can kill ticks by hitting a certain BAC

like who is better evolved to tolerate alcohol, ME, A COOL SPACE MONKEY, or some stupid rear end bug

i was mad curious of this myself so this is what google had to say:

“ Ticks do not take enough of your blood to imbibe a large quantity of alcohol (which by now is highly diluted in the blood stream), and further, if you did have enough alcohol in your blood to kill an attached tick, you have bigger problems than the tick; for example, alcohol poisoning.”

so it seems that no, you can’t kill a tick with a high enough BAC. sorry friend :(

THANK U Heather Papps !!

Gluehead posted:

i met snow at a restaurant once and i was like 'man, informer is a really good song!' and he just looked up from the bowl of french onion soup he was eating, mouthed the words 'gently caress off' and then he gave me the finger twice with boths hands, then crossed the two fingers to make a cross and aimed it at me
Escape From Noise

What if we...Drank with a porpose!

Stoner Sloth

proposing to a drunk

Ass-penny

Stoner Sloth posted:

proposing to a drunk

are you coming onto me?

no i always drink with a purpose, trying to forget the last 34 years ever happened.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

rear end-penny posted:

are you coming onto me?

no i always drink with a purpose, trying to forget the last 34 years ever happened.

stop hitting yourself friend, let's eat some mushrooms and figure out *why* they did

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Stoner Sloth

rear end-penny posted:

are you coming onto me?

:wink:

Manifisto

while it's a good time, it's also dangerous. the porpoise can really hold his liquor; he'll drink you under the table

ty nesamdoom!

idiotsavant
a shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

idiotsavant posted:

not only are there sharks in my moat, the sharks are absolutely poo poo faced at all times

idiotsavant
save a horse, ride a drunk shark

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

idiotsavant posted:

save a horse, ride a drunk shark

in a cornfield late at night sitting on a wheezing shark, imploring it to start moving before the farmer realizes you tore up his fields again

Ass-penny

BRB going down to the moat to go check the BAC of my sharks, make sure it's high enough.

nut

Manifisto

:eyepop:

lol

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Vei
glory be to summer

Escape From Noise

idiotsavant posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

today i found my spirit animals

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!