Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut

I lost one of my closest friends to the BSB (no I dare not utter its name in full). this will be a place for those of us who have suffered. lovers, sisters, brothers, children, parents, friends, who all saw a loved make it shake all the way past those city limits

for each and everyone one of you that stood by helpless and didn’t know what to heel, toe, docie do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

Anthony got down and I said nothing
he turned around and I said nothing
then he went to town and there was no one left to say anything to

Percy Teatwillow

let us go out this evening for pleasure, for the night is still young
when I was 16 or 17, i got my first job ever at texas roadhouse as a busser. thankfully, we were exempt from participating, but i remember every hour on the hour all of the servers would have to stop what they were doing and line dance to one of like, eight songs, chief among them was the ol’ BSB. it was wild lmao

edit: oh god, or the loving watermelon crawl. unngggHhH that poo poo SUCKED. i am definitely a victim of those two songs

Percy Teatwillow fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Aug 22, 2021

THANK U Heather Papps !!

Gluehead posted:

i met snow at a restaurant once and i was like 'man, informer is a really good song!' and he just looked up from the bowl of french onion soup he was eating, mouthed the words 'gently caress off' and then he gave me the finger twice with boths hands, then crossed the two fingers to make a cross and aimed it at me
Armitag3

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Percy Teatwillow posted:

loving watermelon crawl. unngggHhH that poo poo SUCKED.

*sits cross legged on the floor, hands under chin, waiting for more*

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
every once in a while I look up from my cardboard box outside rite aid and I see my old black lab Bart rolling coal in my f-150 as he wags his tail and cranks the bsb

Heather Papps

hello friend

in my community we were mostly unaffected by the boot scootin boogie, but the tragedy of achy breaky heart can not be overstated.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Escape From Noise

Dad got down, turned around, and went to town. That was the last we ever saw of him. I found out later he had done this to several other families.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Escape From Noise posted:

Dad got down, turned around, and went to town. That was the last we ever saw of him. I found out later he had done this to several other families.

My ma did this. She bought a pack of Camels, a burrito, and a Barq's, and crossed against the light, made a beeline for the park. Never saw her again.

I'd like to think my ma and yer dad are out there having the time of their lives.

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

My ma did this. She bought a pack of Camels, a burrito, and a Barq's, and crossed against the light, made a beeline for the park. Never saw her again.

I'd like to think my ma and yer dad are out there having the time of their lives.

I can almost hear their boots scootin' together at some hootenanny at a roadhouse, miles from anywhere.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
nut's long absent dad stands at a convenience store counter about to pay for a pack of smokes, his eyes linger on a rack of planters peanuts and his feet instinctively start tapping and scooting their way to the door as he throws a stack of loose bills toward the cashier

Gameko

The friend of all children!

As the small town in rural America has declined, more and more families are unable to go to it.

We're entering a generation of shattered outcasts from the American dream, rural decedents of blue-collar workers whose grandparents, mothers, and fathers were able to get down, turn around, and go to town, but the promise of that sacred progression of the American dream has been shattered as manufacturing centers decline and jobs move away to the big cities.

Now as rural America declines and our agricultural and manufacturing based communities slowly fail, we find ourselves willing to get down and turn around, but unable to find a recognizable town to go to. Left without prospects, our children are forced to get down, turn around, and snort it down: Opioid Boogie.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
"The only thing we have to fear, is BSB!"

-FDR (after trying to keep away from Run Around Sue)

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Gameko posted:

As the small town in rural America has declined, more and more families are unable to go to it.

We're entering a generation of shattered outcasts from the American dream, rural decedents of blue-collar workers whose grandparents, mothers, and fathers were able to get down, turn around, and go to town, but the promise of that sacred progression of the American dream has been shattered as manufacturing centers decline and jobs move away to the big cities.

Now as rural America declines and our agricultural and manufacturing based communities slowly fail, we find ourselves willing to get down and turn around, but unable to find a recognizable town to go to. Left without prospects, our children are forced to get down, turn around, and snort it down: Opioid Boogie.

:boom:

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

every once in a while I look up from my cardboard box outside rite aid and I see my old black lab Bart rolling coal in my f-150 as he wags his tail and cranks the bsb

Luvcow posted:

nut's long absent dad stands at a convenience store counter about to pay for a pack of smokes, his eyes linger on a rack of planters peanuts and his feet instinctively start tapping and scooting their way to the door as he throws a stack of loose bills toward the cashier

ty nesamdoom!

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Is your child doing BSB? If your child's bedroom looks like this: [displays photo of old-timey saloon movie set], BSB might be taking place!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Bartender asks, says, "hams, what'll it be?"
I want a post from that lurker yonder lookin at me
The trashed crew's hoppin
And it's weirder than the Fourth of July

Manifisto

I was not all that worried when brenda showed up in a new cadillac--hey, who doesn't need a nice new car sometimes just to feel good about themselves? it was the blackjack that got me officially concerned; brenda had never gambled in her life and said she hated cards, but there she was, taking the cadillac at all hours to play blackjack with god knows who. and then . . . it was like an icepick through my heart . . . she started meeting people out back, and I knew. the unholy trinity, the wages of boot scootin' sin. that was six years ago and my ears still perk up every time I hear the rumble of a cadillac engine, but it's never brenda :smith:

ty nesamdoom!

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This most current outbreak of bsb has been traced to a small town gas station known as 'dumas walker's'

Patient zero hung out for 30 minutes, ordering a slawburger, fries, and a bottle of skii

He exposed as many as 75 people to bsb.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
:five: lmaoing so much I have 2 read three posts and then take a breather lolol

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
these boots were made for scootin

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For further analysis, we turn now to the scientists who discovered BSB, Doctors Kix Brooks and Ronald Dunn -- gentlemen, BSB has lead to tragic ends for so many families over the years and yet we are no closer to a treatment. Why is that...?

Armitag3 posted:

*sits cross legged on the floor, hands under chin, waiting for more*

from my experience, the song got a lot of airplay in the rural south, as the niche of anti-dui songs in country music had been ignored up until Tracy Byrd came along.

google THIS

My wife: (examining my boots) Are these scoot marks?

Me: Um um um I can quit whenever I want

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
concerned because i heard my kid was doing lines but relieved to hear it was only snorting cocaine

Manifisto

canyoneer posted:

concerned because i heard my kid was doing lines but relieved to hear it was only snorting cocaine

ty nesamdoom!

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
law and order sunglasses guy after a bsb bust:
"looks like they're booked and done"

FutonForensic

loudly reciting maritime law as everyone around me does the cha cha slide

nut

canyoneer posted:

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
A nationwide movement to provide skanking instruction in public school gym classes is ultimately ineffective at reducing youth bsb victims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Nationwide "Give the scoot the boot" a massive failure as it accidentally promoted line dancing.