Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Input: Repeat Delay & Repeat Interval
Text, Audio, & Voice: Voiceover Profanity & Frequency

While I was looking to see if there was elevator confirmation (i didn't find it), I was surprised to see there was mod support for JH. Workshop and full mod support is theoretically on the roadmap. I'm optimistic since updates are still coming regularly, but it was originally promised closer to 1.0. Also, hard as hell to find them since most google hits link to weapon modding.

https://jupiterhell.fandom.com/wiki/Modding

List of Published Mods posted:

Elevator Confirmer - Confirm before leaving the current level

Morale of this story, I should pay more attention (read as: unmute, be aware of existence) to the modding channel of the Jupiter Hell Discord.

P.S. The link for Elevator Confirmer leads me to the discord post with the mod. Just in case like me, your brain immediately discards it as a discord invite before realizing it's relevant.

LordSloth fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Mar 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epyon
Oct 12, 2021
Updated - Steam Workshop, Modding, Station updates and a balance pass:
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/811320/view/3678929839475721663

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007

epyon posted:

Updated - Steam Workshop, Modding, Station updates and a balance pass:
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/811320/view/3678929839475721663

Very very cool. Looking briefly through the docs (it seems like whoever is writing them isn't connected to the Dev team, weirdly) custom enemies and levels are possible, so TCs probably are as well. I'd really like to see AlienRL in this engine (and as accessible). In the meantime, I'll settle for a nuke launcher.

epyon
Oct 12, 2021
The person writing them is the dev team. That said, AliensRL will come back in a much bigger capacity.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

epyon posted:

The person writing them is the dev team. That said, AliensRL will come back in a much bigger capacity.

my soul cant rest until i have all the diamond badges but angel of mercy is too hard. im truly in juptier hell

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Only feeding my tendency to always go shotgun sniper

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

...what the gently caress?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3004652950
Jupiter Hell->Workshop->Assemblies Trait

This mod adds a new trait for each class of Jupiter Hell, called "Assembler". It is akin to "assemblies" in DRL. Some of the base items require two-three common mods (PBA), some don't.

Level 1 assemblies
Cost to assemble: 1 multitool + base item
quickblade, CRI blaster, toxin rifle, nail gun, red weapon, duramesh armor, class helmet, frag/emp/smoke grenade

Level 2 assemblies
Cost to assemble: 2 multitools and 1 relic + base item
Reloading magrail, EGLS, repaired ablative armor, super nailgun, bio launcher, large combat pack

Level 3 assemblies
Cost to assemble: -10 max HP and the frozen heart + base item
unique item, next tier unique item, cri backpack, O or N mod pack

This is kind of insanely beyond what I expected from a mod. Let alone day 1 workshop. Though... it was posted July 15th and updated the 29th, so they may have had a head start on this.

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007

epyon posted:

I believe it (edit: especially since I realized you ARE the dev). I'm guessing that the occasional "still figuring this out" or similar message refers to exposing functionality to modders rather than a more general "what does this do".

Either way, it's really cool news and I appreciate how much effort has gone into development. The game felt complete before 1.0 and keeps getting substantial updates well after release. I hope it's working out well enough that it's worth your while to keep doing. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens with AliensRL, too.

BrianRx fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Aug 4, 2023

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

LordSloth posted:

...what the gently caress?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3004652950
Jupiter Hell->Workshop->Assemblies Trait

This mod adds a new trait for each class of Jupiter Hell, called "Assembler". It is akin to "assemblies" in DRL. Some of the base items require two-three common mods (PBA), some don't.

Level 1 assemblies
Cost to assemble: 1 multitool + base item
quickblade, CRI blaster, toxin rifle, nail gun, red weapon, duramesh armor, class helmet, frag/emp/smoke grenade

Level 2 assemblies
Cost to assemble: 2 multitools and 1 relic + base item
Reloading magrail, EGLS, repaired ablative armor, super nailgun, bio launcher, large combat pack

Level 3 assemblies
Cost to assemble: -10 max HP and the frozen heart + base item
unique item, next tier unique item, cri backpack, O or N mod pack

This is kind of insanely beyond what I expected from a mod. Let alone day 1 workshop. Though... it was posted July 15th and updated the 29th, so they may have had a head start on this.

He'll yeah, assemblies were like the one thing I missed from doomrl. Gonna have to jump back in once in Baldur gated out.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Welp, I underestimated the special quest of the Conmara Biolabs.
Started it, two minutes later I'm dead. Admittedly, that's all on me, I think I had the tools to survive, just not the hubris to panic or pay attention to reloading (just swapped from a reload on move armor to a kinetic shield armor, ended up with an empty chaingun). Full inventory of items, including two large medkits. Unused.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
Yeah, if the trigger is in an exposed location that section can get extremely dangerous. Depending on your build and difficulty it may not be safe to attempt it without a phase kit in reserve.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Heh.

code:
resistentialism, level 19 Marine,
defeated the Harbinger against all odds.

He survived for 13407 turns.
The run time was 3h 42m 28s.
World seed was 51777.
He scored 7813 points.
He was ULTRAVIOLENT!
He was an Angel of New York Reload!

CALLISTO L5 -> Callisto Docking Bay
Callisto Docking Bay - Cleared!
Callisto Docking Bay - found Thompson
CALLISTO L6 - Infestation
EUROPA L2 -> Conamara Chaos Biolabs L1
Conamara Chaos Biolabs L3 - Secure Vault
Conamara Chaos Biolabs L3 -> Containment Area
Containment Area - Cleared!
IO L2 -> CRI Laboratory L1
CRI Laboratory L1 - Low Power
CRI Laboratory L2 - Toxic Contamination
CRI Laboratory L3 -> CRI Armory
CRI Armory - Cleared!
Dante Station L2 - The Hunt
Dante Inferno - Cleared!
Dante Inferno - found Death

Awards
  Medal of Prejudice (+200)
   * Won with 100% kills
  CRI Star (bronze cluster) (+50)
   * 25+ kills without taking damage
  Conqueror Ribbon (+200)
   * Completed all encountered special levels
  Blind Luck Star (+50)
   * Won despite getting down to 1hp at some point
  New York Silver Badge
   * Complete Angel of New York Reload
  New York Gold Badge
   * Complete Angel of New York Reload on Hard
  New York Platinum Badge
   * Complete Angel of New York Reload on UV

He killed 909 out of 909 enemies.

Traits
  Furious L1
  Hellrunner L3
  Sustained fire L2
  Tough as Nails L3
  Cover Master L2
  Angry Motherfucker L3
  Running L1
  SURVIVOR L3

Trait order
  TaN->Cov->Hr->AMf->MSV->AMf->AMf->Hr->
  Hr->TaN->TaN->MSV->MSV->Fur->SF->Run->
  SF->Cov

Equipment
  Slot #1 : ancient gun
   * Ancient

Slot #2 : Death
  Slot #3 : CRI nail gun B
   * Swap Harness
   * CRI
   * 9 inch nails

Body : CRI battle armor BA
   * Swift
   * Durable

Head : MDF analytic visor PBA
   * Danger Monitor
   * Tech Monitor
   * Critical 10
   * Mimir Defence Force
   * Aim assist
   * Durable
   * Tactical computer

Utility : AV2 utility AMP
   * Metabolic boost
   * Furious

Relic : reaver's tendon
   * Reaver's speed

Permanents
  Adrenal overload
  Exalted Essence Attunement
  Acid Essence Attunement
  Fire Essence Attunement
  Blood Essence Attunement

Inventory
  gas grenade (x2)
  krak grenade (x3)
  smoke grenade (x3)
  multitool (x5)
  large combat pack
  large combat pack
  military stimpack
  stimpack (x3)
  stimpack (x2)
  small medkit (x3)
  small medkit (x3)
  large medkit

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Can anyone explain this one:

I popped adrenaline and then missed a melee attack on a cryoreaver. Angel of Doom on nightmare.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I'm playing through getting the diamond badges now, and so far my answer to nightmare difficulty is to go gunrunner whenever it's not specifically forbidden.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/811320/view/4122554066498503412

New Dante content. Shotgun buffs!

Just so happens I've been trying to take a shotgun sniper through inferno difficulty in the past week. It's loving hard.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Nice! I was under the impression development was finished so this is a pleasant suprise.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I've always liked shotguns and thought they were a bit underrated. Nice to see the buffs though, it means they make for a better early game sidearm and also its easier to get away if you don't kill in one shot.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Maybe it’s the cropping (of course it’s language support) but has Jupiter Hell gone anime? “Japan and more!”

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

my cropping was, in fact, extremely lazy

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Zombies generally won't fire on the very first turn they see you, as long as you haven't already damaged them from out of sight somehow. They also won't do nothing, so that means they pretty much will always move on that first turn. This is a good trick to know in general, because it means you can usually aim at them and watch as they walk out from whatever doorway was probably giving them cover.

But with shotgun slowdown applied on that first turn they'll have a move speed of 2.22 turns, which means you can reload and fire, or weapon swap and fire, before they'll get another turn.

ah nevermind, this isn't entirely accurate, they'll sometimes fire on you when you damage them, instead

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
I wonder what guise a new class would assume given the existing spread within the next update or so as per the very bottom of the page there..