Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Welcome to The Ray Parlour, the subforum for association football, more commonly known as football, or soccer if you're American or from the 19th century.

If you've just flown in from your cave on the moon and you've never heard of football, it's easily the most popular sport in the world. You get the ball, you kick the ball in the goal, you stop the other team from doing the same, and so on. There are other nuances and considerations that some of our more detail-oriented posters might tell you about, but that's about it. Easy.

I'm probably fairly biased but I think that this dead dusty subforum is the best place to discuss the footy anywhere on the internet. A bold claim, but have you seen r/soccer? I have and it's dreadful. A lot of the posters in here have been around since the forum opened (some even remember the dark days of having a single monthly thread in SAS). A nicer bunch of guys and girls you couldn't hope to meet, and there's never been a better time to get involved.

1. Follow the general forum rules. Don't post like a knobhead.

2. Rivals dot com puns are allowed and encouraged in this forum. if you report someone for posting 'Liverpoo' you're probably going to get laughed at.

3. Don't post tweets or articles from the Sun newspaper.This is why. They are enemies of football and can gently caress off.

4. If you see someone being a jerk, drop me a PM or report as normal. ***UPDATE 18/4/23**** at time of writing I'm an admin so can attempt to sort most TRP issues with users but if you want to escalate it to someone else or are not satisfied with your experience you can get hold of the other admins using forumadmins@somethingawful.com or create a thread in SAD. This email may also be used to alert the admins to any emergencies on the forums in a more private way, especially if you do not have private messages.

5. If there's something football related that you want to post about and it doesn't fit in the existing threads, make a thread about it! We love threads. There's a permanent match day thread and a monthly news thread for the Premier League and a similar setup for MLS, but otherwise we have a thread for most of the big domestic leagues (even Scotland).

6. Threads about fantasy football, the FIFA series, Football Manager, Pro Evo, Chris Kamara's Street Soccer or whatever pyramid scheme mobile game the kids are playing nowadays go in The Armchair Quarterback. Sweepstakes and guessing games about real actual football can go in here.

7. If you are now, or have ever been, a member of the FIFA Council (formerly the FIFA executive committee) in any capacity, you will be permabanned if you post in this forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
This is where the world cup rules would go but the tournament is over! everyone go home. See you at Euro 2024.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXxqmAxDlYU

the sex ghost fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Dec 19, 2022

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Hello fellow TRP posters, this is just a small post to let you know that I will be joining the sex ghost as TRP co-mod. Nothing else is changing, please carry on posting here in the most troll-free football forum on the internet.