Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacegrass
May 1, 2013

I swear; you guys should all be vegetarians. It was written in part of The Bible. But I guess; who gives a f*. Our lives are becoming: Cumbersome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Alternatively, no

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
I tried going vegetarian yesterday (well ok except for ONE chicken nugget) and today my skin has never been clearer. OP is right, y'all.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The meat discussed in this forum is usually >60% TVP anyways so we're good.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
i like impossible meat, for ground beef applications i honestly cant tell a difference, and it's more convenient when i cook with it at home because it's not as greasy as ground beef and it cooks faster

----------------
This space intentionally left blank.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
OP I wish but my tastebuds rebel and my life is already so bad that also eating food I don't like on top of it makes existence particularly cruel.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

teh cheesy potato diet

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Dell_Zincht posted:

Alternatively, no

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
my wife uses beyond meat as a meat alternative in recipes, its pretty good but more expensive.

telling people to not eat meat seems like a losing battle, its very cultural. easier for me since i'm indian and i grew up vegetarian. i always say try eating LESS meat, maybe dedicate 2 or 3 days of the week (instead of all 7) to eating only vegetarian meals instead of meat all the time.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Every time I go to the Chinese takeout place on my way home I get tofu & broccoli, but the last time I went there I saw four cellar spiders so I'm never going back again.

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

cucumbersome

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I do what I want OP

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Weaponized Autism posted:

my wife uses beyond meat as a meat alternative in recipes, its pretty good but more expensive.

telling people to not eat meat seems like a losing battle, its very cultural. easier for me since i'm indian and i grew up vegetarian. i always say try eating LESS meat, maybe dedicate 2 or 3 days of the week (instead of all 7) to eating only vegetarian meals instead of meat all the time.
I'm pretty much on a weekend carnivore routine at this point. Easy and cheap as hell to live on rice/beans/lentils/potatoes/pasta M-F.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

For every animal you don't eat, I will eat three.

BounceBanana
Feb 3, 2021
The bitter taste is cumbersome. No no no, yeah.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"ambulatory vegetable"

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

uber_stoat posted:

"ambulatory vegetable"

chickem

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i dont really like this bummer type thread in this forum. i think i want to gas it. thoughts? this is a lighthearted forum for ENJOYMENT and not Serious. thoughts?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Smythe posted:

i dont really like this bummer type thread in this forum. i think i want to gas it. thoughts? this is a lighthearted forum for ENJOYMENT and not Serious. thoughts?

Beyond Impossible

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
No, OP.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Smythe posted:

Let's ask the thread to fill in some "Top Picks" meat alternative/veggie options at places for a less confrontational and more helpful OP

Burger King
  • Onion Rings - better than fries. Best dipping sauce.
  • Impossible Whopper - have not actually tried. Heard good things.

Taco Bell
  • Black Bean Quesarito - insanely good with onions.
  • Black Bean CrunchWrap - I think this version is actually superior to the meated version.
  • Cheesy Roll Up - Quick and easy snack.
  • Quesadilla - Add onions and peppers and it's more than servicable.

Del Taco
  • Beyond Meat items - they offer this alternative for most menu items.
  • Nachos - goto veggie option. cheesy, melty, topped with goodness.
  • Bean & Cheese Burrito - I prefer the green sauce. these reheat well. Nice and filling.
  • Jacked u BRC (Bean, Rice and Cheese) Burrito - also very good.

Chain Pizza (Domino's/Pizza Hut/etc)
  • Pizza - Shocking, I know. Lots of options here, from plain cheese to piling on onions,tomatoes, olives, mushrooms and peppers.
  • Breadsticks or bread sides - Don't cheap out and skip on the dipping sauces.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Smythe posted:

I think the OP should face a mod challenge to point out exactly where in the Bible it said not to eat meat.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

super sweet best pal posted:

I think the OP should face a mod challenge to point out exactly where in the Bible it said not to eat meat.

Mod challenge: OP should eat the meat. All of the meat

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Smythe posted:

I think a thread about veg eating is good here overall even if the initial spirit is rough.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Spacegrass
May 1, 2013

super sweet best pal posted:

It was some book in "The New American Bible". The study type edition. It was a book in there with the Judith book, etc; that many people do not really consider part of the real bible. I can research some of those chapters and get back to you guys. Even though it's been years since I've read it.

Just found this easily:

"In 1 Corinthians 8:13 Paul said, "Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend." So for Paul vegetarianism was a way of not offending vegetarian hosts, but was not an explicit command of God."

Spacegrass fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Sep 7, 2021

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

I'm not opposed to meat-alternatives, so long as they don't try to pretend they are meat. I had a favorite Pakistani/Indian Tandoori restaurant near my old place that had fantastic food, and for the price of a meal and Naan or Samosas you still clocked in under $20 and it would serve as two meals.

That said, I've come around on Beyond and Impossible "meat" they serve their purpose and are fairly good. I have had an Impossible Burger from both Red Robin and Burger King; and they were both enjoyable, however the latter gave me an earthy aftertaste and smelly discharge. They are still a huge advancement from the Boca burgers of the 2000's, I once had to serve my Mom a solid Boca brick because my Dad left it on the grill too long.

In summary, meat alternatives are a land of contrasts, Go Chargers!

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I don’t think one no-meat thread is a big deal? Fries are tasty, pizzas don’t need meat on them always, etc

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

tetsuo posted:

Taco Bell

• Black Bean CrunchWrap - I think this version is actually superior to the meated version.

FYI, this is objectively correct. I don't even eat Beef Crunchwraps any more.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

How about this, OP, I eat a lot LESS meat than most of my compatriots, in fact many days I DO go meatless, or near-meatless without thinking twice about it and it's not because I'm an activist about it, but the rest of the time you jump of a pier into a lake of beef gravy. How's that?

----------------

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Sep 8, 2021

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
all flesh is grass you dumb bitch

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
maybe that was too harsh. sorry. but the principle of the thing is true

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
honestly once they perfect fake chicken i can just stop eating meat. not giving up cheese though.

https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1435331663714676737?s=20

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I tried that for a year OP but seeing other people get chicken Chinese food I couldn’t keep on.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

uber_stoat posted:

honestly once they perfect fake chicken i can just stop eating meat. not giving up cheese though.

https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1435331663714676737?s=20
I'd love to see it more affordable is all. Still 4-6x as expensive as the real stuff which is absolutely a deal breaker for a lot of friends. But it's new and I'm sure they'll improve the process and get that down.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

hell yeah brother

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

op can i still keep shoving it up my bhole

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I could eat vegetarian 2-3 times a week no prob.

I don't, but I could.

----------------

Spacegrass
May 1, 2013

Ugh. I feel like Lisa Simpson. Anyway, there are some good meat alternatives out there. I know nothing taste like steak though.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Ok op

凸[◣_◢]凸UNBAN JACK DANIELS凸[◣_◢]凸 put this in your sig if you support FYAD凸[◣_◢]凸

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I could eat vegetarian 2-3 times a week no prob.

I don't, but I could.

I can and do, but I absolutely could not eat fast food vegetarian 2-3 times a week. Most Taco Bell items are still really good when you replace the meat with black beans. Outside of that it's pretty dire unless you are 100% committed to eating no meat ever.

I think McDonald's or Burger King in India have a breaded fried bean flour patty of some kind w/ spicy saus that is equivalent to a spicy chicken patty. They turned falafel into a value menu spicy sandwich and I would be totally down for one of those if they existed here. I wish fast food places did stuff like that instead of trying to make a fake whopper that tastes pretty close to a real whopper.