Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Ah the era of the new atheists before the "intellectual darkweb"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

sullat is broke out of the police station!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

with all the training, money got really tight so we launch another daring bank robbery, going in quietly this time. The elite team of 4 makes a clean escape until they have to shoot a security guard on the way out. CCS tries to intercept us and rabidweasel catches a bullet in their arm. We escape however, and drop him at the hospital.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

An elite liberal wins the presidency!

The fight with the CCS must go on though

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Glory to our new turbo liberal pres, President... Romney? :thunk:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Glory to our new turbo liberal pres, President... Romney? :thunk:

He really turned over a new leaf!

We've put off the final raid for long enough. A squad of more expendable troops are trained up by the elites, armed with military gear and prepare to go in to kill the CCS LT.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

The raid is a success! One liberal catches a bullet in the head on the way in but the remaining members of the squad fight their way though, though most are badly wounded as they make their way to the CSS leader at the Bar and Grill. One CSS leader down, two to go. 3 of the 5 end up going to the hospital.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

dervinosdoom will go to the club in order to find and seduce a CCS member.

Crime: Being too drat sexy

Verdict: Guilty

Sentence: A night out with me

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

if you need another warm body for the meat grinder skilled and intelligent operative, please consider Satan’s Onion for your liberal crusading needs!

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Contrary to popular opinion my friends do NOT call me "Fat Hitler" I can assure you

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Liberalize me if you need more warm bodies.

Also can we get a snapshot of the current state of US politics? After 3 elections I imagine the house, senate, Supreme court and amendments have a changed a bit.

Also is the Unity version up to date with the ASCII version? I like that pegboard visual showing all the members.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

smegma got got by the CCS, looks like he's recovering in the hospital now tho

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Donkringel posted:

Liberalize me if you need more warm bodies.

Also can we get a snapshot of the current state of US politics? After 3 elections I imagine the house, senate, Supreme court and amendments have a changed a bit.

Also is the Unity version up to date with the ASCII version? I like that pegboard visual showing all the members.

It is based on 4.07.04 as that was the most recent stable version when I started on the project, so it's not completely up to date with changes that have been made since then. It also doesn't have features that were technically present, but incomplete, in that version, such as the Stalinist Crime Squad.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

smegma got got by the CCS, looks like he's recovering in the hospital now tho

Got a unexpected, dumb probe in a stupid thread that interrupted my LIBERAL plans last night. I’ll update again when I can!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

thatbastardken has to go to the hospital for a minute after getting shot in the leg during a bank robbery

doctor, will i ever be able to trample on the Constitution again?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So did this game's seed just roll incredibly well in the background for the elections? It seemed like we definitely hadn't done enough by that first Liberal wave election, at least.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Running around shooting places up changes public opinion for the better, since this is an SLA world simulator. I haven’t documented every raid because it’d be really tedious, just when something interesting happens.

Before my next update I’ll try to go through everyone who is still alive so that people whose avatars have been low key or sleepers get some news.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Where we last left our liberals- we've just defeated one of three CCS safehouses, and have been investing in building up our combat skills which has enabled our liberal agenda to pack some serious heat and finally be able to go toe to toe with Navy SEALs.

Erwin is the current LCS leader

HereticMIND is still kinda running his own branch with a more suicide-mission mindset, with JT Jag, a former cop with lots of SMG skill turned liberal guerilla warrior-trainer and loving Love Fiona Apple, a child soldier that survived and rose to prominence after being the sole survivor of a suicide mission.

Dervinosdoom is a former judge turned guerilla warrior and assassin.

biosterous is a mutant with insane stats, and is functionally the repository of all our skills.

Undercover agents BOB and Zeniel are keeping an eye on the Men's club and Courthouse.

Lenin is not only a lib he's a hardcore squad leader training up a team to do righteous liberal violence to the forces of EVIL.

ZiegeDame and By Popular Demand have been leading two squads of hackers/fighters. They've been pretty quiet for the last few years despite being very active fighters earlier in our history.

thatbastardken, zullat and RabidWeasel have been leading our currently most active assault teams

Digital Prophet, our go to secret agent, is training up proteges Drakenel, titty_baby, Rogue AI Goddess, and Godna

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

sullat is broke out of the police station!

The system works!

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

So I’m training squads of psychotic suicidal libs to go out and further the cause?

:getin: Niiiiiiiiiiiice.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Have I crimed even a tiny bit?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

it would be nice to have more of a bird's eye view of things every now and again, actually. maybe summarise status and thoughts once a year or something? idk i'm going to keep liberally spraying these bullets

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

V. Illych L. posted:

it would be nice to have more of a bird's eye view of things every now and again, actually. maybe summarise status and thoughts once a year or something? idk i'm going to keep liberally spraying these bullets

Yeah, some more info on the mechanics would be nice too. I played LCS like a decade ago and never got really far, but the LP goes from recruiting a few hippies to everyone carrying AR-15s

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

ilmucche posted:

Yeah, some more info on the mechanics would be nice too. I played LCS like a decade ago and never got really far, but the LP goes from recruiting a few hippies to everyone carrying AR-15s

This is generally pretty easy to do when starting on Nightmare mode; since all the laws start at archconservative it means assault rifles are available from the pawn shop. Also, selling brownies is worth more the more conservative drug laws are, so you can make a shitload of money very quickly by just recruiting a bunch of chumps to deal drugs until they get caught. So the distance between point A and point B there is very short.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Thanks for the feedback. This is my first LP so I appreciate getting your guys view on how easy/hard it is to follow the action.

I’ll try to sprinkle things I’ve picked up. I’ve never really dived the code or read a ton of guides so there will be small errors but I think I’ve grasped the gist of most of the mechanics of this very very complicated game. Between LCS, TV mod and Cheshire Cat’s unity remake (which are really the only 3 worth playing and active) there are all sorts of small differences but this should be generally correct for LCS and only slightly inaccurate for TV.

So first instead of XP liberals get “juice” which in most LCS forks determines how many people they can recruit but also functions like xp in that their base stats get boosted at something like 0/50/100/250/500/1000 iirc. TV has some skills effect number of followers as well, which is unique compared to other LCS forks.

However it’s not just a one for one XP = juice, and I think it’s actually a way better than typical XP in most RPGs.

Unlike XP in most games juice can be lost if you encounter a right wing orator or certain conditions such as failing to prevent executions of liberals or killing prisoners. There’s a lot of other small ways you can lose juice as well.

Certain actions that grants juice often only work up to a certain point. You can semi-safely raise juice to something like 40 or 50 by doing “liberal disobedience” so long as your liberal is armed (to scare off random acts of conservative violence to protesters) or, be very unlucky and have very low street sense during C+ laws and get executed for “disturbing the peace” in some forks, and they have some kind of serious crime and get picked up. After that they have to do more serious crimes or actions that generally carry more and more risk. There’s caveats to everything, like beast unarmed martial artists can get tons of juice without risking likely jail/death by beating up counter-protestors while protesting instead of pulling a gun and scaring them off. Violent crimes, terrorism and treason are generally the only way to get juice once you start getting deeper into the hundreds.

Liberals also get juice based on their direct reports actions, so my tactic in nightmare mode is to suicide squad hippies with ARs at the start to boost my founder.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

For my own remembering purposes when I catch up on naming people

quote:

From Kirby khan

Hello, posting from probation purgatory ~OooOOOOoo~

LCS me up. Put me as one of the criminals in the breakout or something idk. Love the thread. Also something about the font makes me read the Conservative Crime Squad acronym as QCS and that tickles me.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
All is going according to (liberal) plan.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Man, I really took a LEFT turn!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

:pwn: hello students welcome to crime class

i have such liberal sights to show you

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

SatansOnion distinguished themselves during the last siege. They're resting in the hospital with their little armalite.

Kirby Khan daringly escapes posting jail. They're also a hardened survivor of the sieges.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I have to say this game is just wild man!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Don’t play LCS in real life folks! Shooting conservatives and getting arrested a few weeks while spray painting walls doesn’t work out well!

I’ve been busy since I start a development boot camp soon so I’ve been prepping like almost a full time job- so updates may be far and few for a bit.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

That's our Smegma: Coding for Communism

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Crime me plz

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

So

Tragedy has stuck and my Linux laptop that contained this save decided to update itself to the wrong branch forcing me to reinstall since it wouldn’t boot the OS properly. The save files died with it.

So that being said, at some point in the future I’m going to revive this play through somehow.

Maybe we can do a run with the current branch of OG LCS, where you can raid the White House and has some QOL and anti grind features.

I’ll be busy so it’ll be a bit

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 6, 2021

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

gently caress, goondolances.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
CIA got your laptop, sorry comrade.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

It’s all good. Thankfully the only thing i do on this laptop is development and this LCS game so all the important stuff was on GitHub. Surprised Linux mint poo poo the bed this hard but I’ve been underwhelmed by it already. Pop OS so far is an improvement in every way though it’s very different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Much like the thing to remember with powertools is "this machine hungers for your flesh" computers are "will fail you and take with it important stuff"