Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous

show me where you make your foods please

conveniently i already have a fairly-labelled picture

note that these labels are "things my brother will want to quickly find while catsitting" so it's not super complete

the sink is just off frame to the left, the fridge is just off frame to the right. i'ma mock up an overhead diagram in a minute

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

the scale is "idk i just sorta drew stuff"

i do most of the mise en place on the L at the top left. the stove is electric so it's also useful surface area for prep before i need to actually heat things

if i had my druthers, i'd shift the chunk of counterspace at the bottom left to be more on either side of the oven, to give me more food prep/dirty dishes space. also i wish there was space for a mini freezer, but we seriously do no have three square feet of floorspace to spare (basement apartments, y'all) and anything smaller wouldn't really help enough to be worth investing in

overall i'm pretty happy with it, given that i have no say in the layout and no way to actually change things :v:

e: also the microwave can't just be used as a timer, unlike literally every other microwave i've ever encountered. no timer button, no way to trick it by saying "cook this thing, but at 0% power lol". checked online and there are many people asking "wait where is the timer function" and getting the answer "there is none hth"

biosterous fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 5, 2021

gallery of sigs

he/him

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Time to bust out my leet mspaint skills, who knows may even get fancy and use paint.net!

Thanks to Dumb Sex-Parrot for the Christmas citrusy sig!

more falafel please posted:

just turn that impostor syndrome into "I'm Poster" syndrome

Lucavi
looks like poo poo

Zil

Finger Prince

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

i'm gonna do this tomorrow when my kitchen doesn't look like a gross person lives here anymore

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

my kitchen has a pretty good layout i would recommend it to anyone who wants to copy it.

my island-esque area (i guess it's a peninsula?) also has an arc of junk just at the edge of arms reach that creeps in closer and closer and closer, until i break down because i don't have any space and make a clean sweep of things.

spooky ghost

...i've never really done much cooking.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
paging Bo-Pepper to the thread

idiotsavant
wheres the poop. wheres the pee. what kind of bullshit gong show kitchen is this

Escape From Noise

I will not be doxxing my kitchen

Percy Teatwillow

let us go out this evening for pleasure, for the night is still young

Lucavi posted:

looks like poo poo

i thought this was the chill forum !!

Escape From Noise posted:

this same thought crossed my mind. i’m not drawing schematics for my kitchen for goons to break in and steal my pots&pans

THANK U Heather Papps !!

Gluehead posted:

i met snow at a restaurant once and i was like 'man, informer is a really good song!' and he just looked up from the bowl of french onion soup he was eating, mouthed the words 'gently caress off' and then he gave me the finger twice with boths hands, then crossed the two fingers to make a cross and aimed it at me
nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

small but functional layout

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

Escape From Noise posted:

Percy Teatwillow posted:

this same thought crossed my mind. i’m not drawing schematics for my kitchen for goons to break in and steal my pots&pans

at least post the inside of your fridge

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Escape From Noise

pnac attack posted:

at least post the inside of your fridge

Why not just ask me to post nudes? Never!

Zil

liquor bottle collection then?

Escape From Noise

Zil posted:

liquor bottle collection then?

Liquor? I BARELY KNEW 'ER!!!

Bingo Bango

nesamdoom posted:

small but functional layout

I love a good galley kitchen

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I cleaned my kitchen so I can post it now

It’s pretty good I like it. I’ve got my little tea zone off the left, food processor lives in the cabinets under there. I really like the big drawers to the right of the stove. That’s where most of my pots and pans etc. are. If I was gonna change some things, I would move the stove the right so there was more counter space to the left of it. In fantasyland I’d have a bigger range with 4 burners and a griddle, but this is a good stove with plenty of heat. That little corner by the stove isn’t really very useful except for instant-potting. The trash can is under the sink and I wish it was where the dishwasher was. Right in front the the d/w is where I stand to do most of my prep/chopping and it’s not the best. Otherwise I really like it. I like having that big peninsula when I make pasta or something. Having a single, big area of unbroken work space gets overlooked a lot I think. Lots of tiny counter spaces are much less useful I think.

When I first bought it the only light was a ceiling fan light, lol. I put a bigass fluorescent in and it’s much better. I do wish I had a real exhaust fan/hood because using the oven gets real hot in summer. If I ever do any remodeling I think I’ll do that. There’s actually an old chimney behind the stove. For a 1200sq, my house has three separate chimneys and I have no idea why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

thanks for all the food kitchens, i promise i do not have any devious plans for this knowledge (i cannot speak for other posters though)

gallery of sigs

he/him