Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Quick reminder that the NZ show Creamerie has the same concept but as a comedy and is extremely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

And in terms of a general pandemic apocalypse, Station Eleven is a must. Especially episode 9, which felt a bit like something from Y, and even had an actor from the Y show in it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah everyone should watch Station Eleven it’s just remarkable TV

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

This show was weird. I tapped out after 4 episodes. It really felt like it wasn't meant to be made for TV and the pacing and structure was all messed up. Cool concept and was hoping it'd make it, but just too much good stuff out there.

And Station Eleven is really good.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Bust Rodd posted:

Sorry for thread Necro but post-mortems are coming out

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/y-last-man-canceled-reason-1235095559/amp/

https://deadline.com/2022/02/y-the-last-man-cancellation-reaction-fx-chief-one-season-1234955875/amp/

It’s weird because FX typically doesn’t axe dramas after 1 season but apparently there was just an absolutely massive drop off from the jump and the show was basically hemorrhaging viewers from the word “go”

I’m bummed because I really liked this show and what it was doing but I do agree that the season felt like a 2 hour movie setting up a really interesting show and then 5 episodes that pretty much failed to create any momentum. As a fan of the story I knew what was coming and what to expect and was prepared to give them time to get there and say what they wanted to say, but new viewers didn’t have a reason to hang out and both of the presidents children were hosed up and hatable losers, not gripping protags.

Barry Keoghan was originally cast as Yorick!? That was some inspired casting & wish that version went through.