Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
So I was out at the site, see, and this kid comes over and he's like HEY GRAMPS! Yeah that's right, the nerve o this kid. Anyways he says to me hey, I went ahead and pluggin in yer ethernet cable that was danglin' there. Jeez oh mighty I tell ya! Kid coulda fried the box with that stunt! How's a kid not know about T-carriers these days!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I've been here so long that Integral (Lowtax's girlfriend he made an admin because of course) banned me for using AOL to access the forums.

In hindsight she may have had a point.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I wish I still had some of my ICQ contacts and limewire chatrooms and whatever so I could talk to all the crazies I forgot over the years.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Bring back MySpace and Napster! :corsair:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Faye Kane

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I use to hang out on dial-up bulletin boards you little shits.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

pm me for nudes everythings half of f right now because i just moved to a new place and my dog needs special shoes for the slippery staircase here. every cent counts thank you.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
drat, one day I'll be a REAL forums veteran... :allears:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

I use to hang out on dial-up bulletin boards you little shits.

I remember downloading a SuperVGA bikini girl picture and waiting a full hour for it to appear on the screen line by line.

NOBODY PICK UP THE PHONE I'M DOING HOMEWORK AND I NEED THIS

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

ABOUT ME

FAVORITE VIDEO GAMES

MIDI MUSIC COLLECTION

Click on the IMAGE to send me an email!

UPDATE 9/20/21: OH MY GOD I FOUND THE DANCING BABY THEY SHOWED ON TV:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
nutscrape

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
My profile contains a picture of cute donuts.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

kntfkr posted:

Does anyone remember the angelfire / livejournal / geocities or manga page that somewhat blew up here like 18 years ago and it was about a crazy and fairly young woman who lived naked in a hole in the ground that she ran electricity into (there was pictures) and like stapled blankets all around, there was a hot plate, so she was like homeless but not, and computer literate but lived like subterranean naked David the gnome. And but so then the blog just devolved into horrendously violent rape fantasies? Anyone?

Pimpcasso posted:

I remember
What you were describing was vaguely familiar up until the last bit, then everything came flooding back at once :stare:

Former Human posted:

I've been here so long that Integral (Lowtax's girlfriend he made an admin because of course) banned me for using AOL to access the forums.

In hindsight she may have had a point.

I wonder if that banned WebTV user ever rereg'd :lol:

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
oh hey my icq number still works

trippy

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
My very first icq convo was with someone advertising their sexcam

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

No spinning flaming skull. Shameful.

Anyway, this thread is making me feel real old. I didn't think this happened ten years ago. Jesus, time flies as you get older.

I signed up for Compuserve in 2011

I checked and CompuServe still has a website with links to AOL. lol.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

GORDON posted:

I had a 5-digit ICQ number until 2005, or so, with a strong, unique pword.

One day, a dude on my account, speaking Turkish, started asking my friend list for money.

I never got the account back.

That's just the sort of thing that used to happen after you logged into ICQ at an internet cafe and forgot to log out at the end of the session. (I made that mistake once myself.)

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The Bloop posted:

I remember downloading a SuperVGA bikini girl picture and waiting a full hour for it to appear on the screen line by line.

Trying not to cum before the entire pic downloaded was always challenging, I remember.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Bronze Fonz posted:

ABOUT ME

FAVORITE VIDEO GAMES

MIDI MUSIC COLLECTION

Click on the IMAGE to send me an email!

UPDATE 9/20/21: OH MY GOD I FOUND THE DANCING BABY THEY SHOWED ON TV:

:gonk:

God I miss the old web

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BigBadSteve posted:

Trying not to cum before the entire pic downloaded was always challenging, I remember.

These kids today with their abundance of Try Not To Cum games have no idea how easy they've got it

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I don't even understand that game, isnt that the whole reason im here? To bust a nut real quick so I can get back to Dota2 and suicidal thoughts

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

The Bloop posted:

These kids today with their abundance of Try Not To Cum games have no idea how easy they've got it

An absolute and forever classic

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
gotta be honest here but I dont miss being horny all the time

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

The Bloop posted:

We are kindred spirits.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
"image macros"

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Chinatown posted:

"image macros"

yo'are the man now dog

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

I wonder if I'll miss being horny all the time when I'm not horny all the time...

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

"image macros"

Winnar. All our base is now belong to you.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Yeah it wasn't just the waiting either, it was the waiting in the livingroom in the middle of the night praying that your parents or siblings don't wake up and notice the glow of the monitor from down the hall.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I heard about the internet in first grade. It was called AOL. We installed it on our Packard-Bell at home, but didn't realize that you needed to plug the computer into a phone line for it to work. In second grade, my friend Matt told me he had AOL and that it worked. So I went over to Matt's house to check out the internet. But his brother Dan who was in middle school, got out of school before us and was already using AOL when we got there. But he yelled out "Hey, Matt. Come here, look at this." And we went and looked, and Dan showed us a picture of Wilma Flintstone fingering Betty Rubble.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

kntfkr posted:

Does anyone remember the angelfire / livejournal / geocities or manga page that somewhat blew up here like 18 years ago and it was about a crazy and fairly young woman who lived naked in a hole in the ground that she ran electricity into (there was pictures) and like stapled blankets all around, there was a hot plate, so she was like homeless but not, and computer literate but lived like subterranean naked David the gnome. And but so then the blog just devolved into horrendously violent rape fantasies? Anyone?

Holy poo poo I remember this, but I think I also remember hearing that it was all fake in the end, although how fake could it be? I also remember the pictures. Very elaborately staged at any rate.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

her name was Faye Kane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i remember that scaring me and not liking it at all