Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Yoda's one hell of a promo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

graph posted:

i saw one of the new ones. the one where uh harrison ford dies. i dont remember anything else about it

no comment.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
this is a hosed up thing for Yoda's dying words to be.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
time for Obi Wan to explain some poo poo.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Ghost Obi-Wan coming in for the nostalgia pop

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

karmicknight posted:

time for Obi Wan to explain some poo poo.

Another goddamn talk show

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Obi Wan's one single consistent character trait is that he is racist against droids.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
"Safely anonymous"

"... LEIA!"

"well, gently caress"

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Mon Mothma :golfclap:
Admiral Ackbar :golfclap:
General Madine :neckbeard:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

The weird purple robe guys always intrigued me.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I love that Han Solo, famous bullshitter, tries to get across the scale of the empire by claiming there are a lot of 8km 12.8km 19km star destroyers.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I love giving my dirtbikes a switch to jam cellphones.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

karmicknight posted:

I love giving my dirtbikes a switch to jam cellphones.

The gun that is exclusively forward facing also seems like a design flaw

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Sanguinia posted:

The gun that is exclusively forward facing also seems like a design flaw

I mean, the other option is shooting at something you can't really see. So I kind of get it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
han solo's strike force really is an agile, lean, and technologically-advanced force of talented professionals

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
love the teddy bear viet cong getting the better of the stormtroopers big fan.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

The super old stocky guy in that squad is canonically Captain Rex, Anakin's old Clone Commander.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yo what the gently caress that's true????

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

karmicknight posted:

han solo's strike force really is an agile, lean, and technologically-advanced force of talented professionals

My father loved pointing out about the entire strike team, dressed head to toe in camo to blend in with the surroundings ... and then they bring along gold and silver droids that reflect sunlight like a mirror

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

karmicknight posted:

Yo what the gently caress that's true????

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_I_Am_a_Clone_Trooper

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
that full circle booking since chewbacca's nose was a topic of discussion in the first film

again:

karmicknight posted:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I remember having the 3p0 in the chair, I think it was a, micromachine.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

THERE ARE NO HULKAMANIACS HERE!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rotinaj posted:

do the rogue squadron books hold up to read in tyool 2021, I haven't reread them since at latest 2006

I am sad I was asleep for this very on-topic discussion: The short answer is... kinda? They just re-released the first Rogue book as part of them reprinting a bunch of the old EU as a shameless cash grab anniversary thing and also put it up on Audible unabridged for the first time, so I've been rereading/listening. The first Rogue book is clearly Corran's POV which makes it harder to care about the other characters and the book's also very hung up on the specifics of dogfighting like you're playing the video game. Also it's weirdly horny in a way that 16 year old Gaz was very into but 35 year old Gaz is... less into. It's not like super gross, just Stackpole really wants you to know all these ladies are super hot and super horny for his special boy.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gaz-L posted:

I am sad I was asleep for this very on-topic discussion: The short answer is... kinda? They just re-released the first Rogue book as part of them reprinting a bunch of the old EU as a shameless cash grab anniversary thing and also put it up on Audible unabridged for the first time, so I've been rereading/listening. The first Rogue book is clearly Corran's POV which makes it harder to care about the other characters and the book's also very hung up on the specifics of dogfighting like you're playing the video game. Also it's weirdly horny in a way that 16 year old Gaz was very into but 35 year old Gaz is... less into. It's not like super gross, just Stackpole really wants you to know all these ladies are super hot and super horny for his special boy.

If there actually will be a “lapsed Star Wars fans chatting about the 90s eu in a let’s read” thread, someone PM me a link to it, because that sounds very much my jam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
noted.