Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Summer time
thanks will do op
time is meaningless
a computer is not a clock op so gently caress this thread
gently caress off moo cow
View Results

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

it's time for summer. think of your famers and all the joy they can have with their hard earned extra hour. What a magical time of year.

make sure your computer clock is accurate in the morning folks :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
all of my computers have done that on their own for at least a decade. but also, that doesnt happen here for another month. I trust you will make another thread at that time for my benefit

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

no.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I remember it with this superior association that it's good because you get an extra hour sleepin when you want it which is when you're entering the cold pits of winter, and when you're going into spring you're tired of being a lazy piece of poo poo and so you need to get up an hour earlier to make good use of this worthwhile day

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
but I was trying to explain it to my kids by saying "ok this sunrise you can see, tomorrow morning it'll be at 8am, or osmething, which was wrong, and I'd got myself well hosed up so I just gave up talking and the kdsi were like dad please dont stop talking its weird to just stop talking mid sentence

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TUCK

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ya know how when you're young you let yourself get swept up into emotional debates but over time you've learned they're not worth the effort, or often lead to regretful words or actions,

and so over time you learn to see quicker and quicker when a conversation doesn't have much point in being had

and now I'm super good at seeing it mid sentence and just decide nah not worth talking about and just stop mid sentence

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
think I won't stop talking to you?

think again

I will never stop talking to you

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

echinopsis posted:

I remember it with this superior association that it's good because you get an extra hour sleepin when you want it which is when you're entering the cold pits of winter, and when you're going into spring you're tired of being a lazy piece of poo poo and so you need to get up an hour earlier to make good use of this worthwhile day

yeah but some people get super angry about it

like insanely frothing at the mouth angry

and all you can really do is say "ok"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
teach the controversy about day light savings

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
because we have opposite seasons we just always learned it as 'spring ahead, fall back'

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
gently caress switching, standardize on dst all year. its not the 1800s and farmers like the OP can use lights when its dark in the morning.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Shaggar posted:

gently caress switching, standardize on dst all year. its not the 1800s and farmers like the OP can use lights when its dark in the morning.

this except a step further

in 2021 theres no need for a planet to have more than one time zone

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Eastern Daylight Time for everyone.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Shaggar posted:

the eu wants to do this and I cant wait

it loving sucks when its already night time when you leave work

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

what is the .beat time? @945!

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
I've been going backwards both spring and fall, saving enough daylight to retire early.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Sunset years? Maybe for you guys!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

thanks will do op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
i live in arizona

there is _some_ good around here.