Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

sweet thursday posted:

Have you ever seen a Bachman's Sparrow, Ivory-billed Woodpecker, Swainson's Thrush, Red-cockaded Woodpecker, or Roseate Tern bathed in the glow of a Maryland sunset?

No, but I watched the kicker for the Ravens yesterday set a NFL record as time expired to win the game. For some reason a fan of that team is taking the celebration of this to poo poo on the kicker and all other kickers for not living up to some impossible standard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Mr. Nice! posted:

Are you incapable of being happy or enjoying anything?

It’s 2021 and I think the K-man answered this question pretty convincingly in February 2013.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

sweet thursday posted:

Have you ever seen a Bachman's Sparrow, Ivory-billed Woodpecker, Swainson's Thrush, Red-cockaded Woodpecker, or Roseate Tern bathed in the glow of a Maryland sunset?

Seen all of those except Ivory. But not in MD!! :D only swainsons thrush

I think if Tucker were having this same career 20 years ago he would be HoF

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ulmont posted:

It’s 2021 and I think the K-man answered this question pretty convincingly in February 2013.

complained about winning the super bowl?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Asema posted:

complained about winning the super bowl?

I didnt. People asked me to so I did it to be funny.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Asema posted:

actually the thread is calling Tucker a god so if you could keep your blasphemy confined to a different thread as this one is about worship

agreed, mods please ban any killjoy trolls in this thread that do not agree JUSTIN TUCKER IS A GOD AND HALL OF FAMER

:getout:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I think every position should be represented in the Hall of Fame because all 3 facets are important to the game of football

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

sweet thursday posted:

I think every position should be represented in the Hall of Fame because all 3 facets are important to the game of football

:hmmyes: Put in Steve and Zac DeOssie as long snappers.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

if people want to denigrate justin tucker, they can create a new thread vis a vis the tom brady threads

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

justin fucker

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNyFt74UsWo

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

do Not post baseball at me

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

do Not post baseball at me

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i forgot that the announcer called him Justin Turner

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

justin kicker

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Sour Diesel posted:

justin kicker

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I will say this: if you think the missed delay call puts an asterisk by this kick you are the worst kind of nerd and I'd probably dislike you irl. There is that what im meant to do here?? :D

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

hell yeah Kawalimus tell 'em

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Sour Diesel posted:

justin kicker

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Asema posted:

i forgot that the announcer called him Justin Turner

the production and announcing crew for that game were godawful lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kawalimus posted:

I will say this: if you think the missed delay call puts an asterisk by this kick you are the worst kind of nerd and I'd probably dislike you irl. There is that what im meant to do here?? :D

Yes! A good post.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also the delay wasn’t missed. Refs don’t throw the flag the moment it hits zero. The official watching the playclock waits til it hits zero, then looks to the ball, and if it isn’t snapped within a second or so of that glance, they get the flag.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

if you're mad that the rules didn't prevent something awesome from happening you're a loser

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also the delay wasn’t missed. Refs don’t throw the flag the moment it hits zero. The official watching the playclock waits til it hits zero, then looks to the ball, and if it isn’t snapped within a second or so of that glance, they get the flag.

Well theres usually a moment like a half second but this was like two full seconds. So it was a missed call.

This also happened in our favor way back in 2008 season in the playoff game at tennessee on a late drive. You'd think they would have fixed this process by now. Have a buzzer like in the NBA

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kawalimus posted:

Well theres usually a moment like a half second but this was like two full seconds. So it was a missed call.

This also happened in our favor way back in 2008 season in the playoff game at tennessee on a late drive. You'd think they would have fixed this process by now. Have a buzzer like in the NBA

It’s also only a couple of seconds if the gameclock on TV was correct. I forgot to mention that the internet bitching about delay hinges on that.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Sep 27, 2021

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I didn't realize Morten Andersen did make the Hall of Fame. Not deserved imo. But I guess kickers were way worse back then.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Once again, your views on kickers are proven to be bad.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when they inducted morten andersen into hof, they were actually trying to select ken anderson but everyone made a mistake. people were saying "let's go with short ken anderson" over the poor qualify phone lines at the time back in 2017. but anyway, Justin Kicker

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

fartknocker posted:

Once again, your views on kickers are proven to be bad.

His career FG% was like around 80. And he played real long. Big whoop. Kickers sucked back then. Tucker should be in if he is and so should a lot of other guys. But Tucker is the only one close to deserving.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kawalimus posted:

I didn't realize Morten Andersen did make the Hall of Fame. Not deserved imo. But I guess kickers were way worse back then.

football is generally worse the further back you go no matter the position

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
If for some unforeseeable reason Justin Tucker hit the open market, how much would he make? I sort of think some kicker snakebit franchise, the Vikings per se, might throw 10 million a year at him.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

hurry up with my drat croissant

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Phil Dawson, over a decade, had the most points scored on the Browns. I'm sure that HOF worthy. Tucker is HOF worthy.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Gatts posted:

Phil Dawson, over a decade, had the most points scored on the Browns. I'm sure that HOF worthy. Tucker is HOF worthy.

That would definitely be the case for any kicker who played for a team 10 years. It would be shocking if it wasn't

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This got me wondering if the all-time scoring title is in Tucker's reach, so I looked up his stats and it very much is a possibility.

He's averaging 135.8 points over his first 9 years. Morten Andersen only scored over 120 three times in his career. He's got 5 seasons of 140+ points, something Vinatieri only did once.

It's kind of a dumb stat because it relies on so many external variables, but it seems like it's just a matter of if he goes 20+ years and if he doesn't fall off too much when he gets older.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

It's crazy how Oklahoma only had 3 possessions in a half and that's only because of a fumble.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

It's crazy how Oklahoma only had 3 possessions in a half and that's only because of a fumble.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

I need to slow down on the phone posting and watch what I tap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Maybe we should retroactively throw out old bums from the Hall of Fame based on Madden-ratings. Stop letting grandpa coast on being better than everyone*.

*at the time